Jamie Foxx May Go Bad For Spider-Sequel (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Jamie Foxx May Go Bad For Spider-Sequel (1/11/2012 9:43:24 PM)

Post your comments on this article

UTB -> (1/11/2012 9:43:24 PM)

Sticking with 'bland' for the sequel then?

Dannybohy -> RE: (2/11/2012 9:34:27 AM)

Electro in the sequel!!., and it was all going so well. Why pick Jamie Foxx and that villain over the others is beyond me!. A modern day Mysterio, Gobby or a new Doc Oc!?

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: RE: (2/11/2012 11:18:34 AM)

Mysterio would make a great villain.
You could do some seriously weird (and wonderfull) stuff with that character.

dghwood -> RE: RE: (2/11/2012 11:27:28 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dannybohy

Electro in the sequel!!., and it was all going so well. Why pick Jamie Foxx and that villain over the others is beyond me!. A modern day Mysterio, Gobby or a new Doc Oc!?

Definitely onboard for a modern day Mysterio!

who would play him though?

Dannybohy -> RE: RE: (2/11/2012 11:44:12 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: dghwood

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dannybohy

Definitely onboard for a modern day Mysterio!

who would play him though?

Hmmmmm not sure, someone not normally physically imposing. Will have to think on it. Id like the character to be a cross between Tony Stark style tech genius and Derren Brown!.

Jamie_M -> Sounds great to me, good choice. (2/11/2012 1:00:26 PM)

Oscar winner Jamie Foxx as a villain instead of that skinny guy from the seventies show,, brilliant news.
What are you guys moaning about, eh, maybe they didn't pick Doc Ock or Gobby because,, hmmm, they were just in the last fu##ing trilogy you morans.
Jamie Foxx controlling electricity and terrorising a city is the complete opposite to bland you idiot, sounds awesome to me

talpacino -> RE: Sounds great to me, good choice. (2/11/2012 3:04:26 PM)

Settle down Jamie_M. No need for the abuse really.

I'm not a huge fan of Foxx. I like him in collateral but I can't think of much else.

The first film was a decent start and I like Garfield and Stone so I'm interested to see how this goes.

Wild about Wilder -> RE: Sounds great to me, good choice. (2/11/2012 4:28:20 PM)

Might be ok even though he isn't black in the comics though it's tough to think of any villans that are, though they did make Michael Clarke Duncan The Kingpin in the Daredevil film but saying that couldn't really see Electro being the main villan would like to see maybe Kraven as if their still sticking to continuity they could also include The Chameleon.

cra1gs -> god no (2/11/2012 5:50:06 PM)

This is the worst casting news. Never have seen a film that I've liked Jamie Foxx in.

I believe that these films will suffer from the Laws of Diminishing returns. Which is a sad state of affairs as is the best superhero after Superman.

Battan9000 -> Who is this character ? (2/11/2012 6:25:27 PM)

I'm more of a DC fan but have read some spiderman but don't know this villan. He could be cool all I know but seems a bit lame from the name. Why not Vulture, Mysterio, Black Cat, Kraven, Scorpion or Carnage or even a decent Venom. I liked a lot about the Sam Rami Spider Man films but Venom wasn't one of them. Jamie Foxx is ok, but not sure the choice of character. Even an updated Goblin or Doc Oc would be good. The Dark Knight showed how you could do a different take on a bad guy character and still have a big hit.

ROTGUT -> MEH........ (2/11/2012 6:32:34 PM)

After that last load of mediocre clag - does anyone give a toss?

BelowTheSun -> RE: MEH........ (4/11/2012 9:53:15 PM)

Electro is a great Spidey villain in my opinion. I might be biased though, some of my fondest childhood memories are of playing Spider-Man 2: Enter Electro on the PS1...

As for the casting of Foxx, I'm not sure. He's a good actor, no doubt about it, but whether he'd fit the part is a different matter entirely. I'd guess from the casting they're gonna keep going down the Nolan-superhero-realism route and make him really gritty or something. I'd just like them to basically make live action, feature-length versions of The Spectacular Spider-Man TV series...

TORINO -> Jamie Foxx Electro hmmm! (25/11/2012 7:39:49 AM)

In one of the last comics I read when I used to read Marvel Spidey just poured a bucket of water over Electro and that was that lights out, literally, you don't have to be a science major to know that water and electricity don't mix, it's a bit of an Achilles heel for old sparky isn't it ? How long will he last in a movie, people in the audience will be shouting get a bucket get a bucket!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.953125E-02