RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films

jediwarrior -> RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 (31/10/2012 4:45:35 PM)

Lucas said when he was originally going to do 9 films that 7,8 and 9 would be years into the future feature Luke as Obi-wan Kenobi type figure helping the new Jedi.

I can see Hamill and Fisher doing cameos in the new film

As for Padme, Vader, Dooku, Palpatine, Anakin, Windu it ain't a reboot they're dead. How can Windu comeback after being dead for over 30 years in the films timeline.

jediwarrior -> RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 (31/10/2012 4:47:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: vad3r
New cast? Absolutely. New characters? Will never happen. This is a billion dollar venture and audiences will expect to see their favourites. It's the brand that sells, but it's the characters that make it marketable.

You have no idea. You can't put someone back in the film who's dead. How can Vader come back, please tell me.

Harry Tuttle -> RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 (31/10/2012 4:50:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jediwarrior

quote:

New cast? Absolutely. New characters? Will never happen. This is a billion dollar venture and audiences will expect to see their favourites. It's the brand that sells, but it's the characters that make it marketable.

You have no idea. You can't put someone back in the film who's dead. How can Vader come back, please tell me.

I'd just ignore him.

For a while I actually gave him the benefit of the doubt that he was just engaging in a conversation and making a fool of himself.

This line, however

quote:

Dead says who? It's a Disney sci-fi fantasy, not an ITV period drama. They could just ignore the fact that they died, I'd have no problem with that. Wipe the slate clean and start over.

just confirms that he's trolling for attention.

Bad Ash -> RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 (31/10/2012 4:53:38 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bad Ash

It'll be old characters re-cast in a totally new story (away from the EU).

Yes, exactly what I've been saying.

quote:

t's a difficult one to re-cast though, especially Han Solo. But let's face it - I don't think there will be any shortage of A list actors banging on Disney's door for these parts!

??

Han Solo is the easiest casting decision ever. Nathan Fillion could play the role in his sleep.

The rest are just as easy to cast:

Director/Writer - Whedon

Luke Skywalker - Zac Efron/Paul Dano/Michael Cera
Anakin Skywalker - Aaron Paul
Han Solo - Nathan Fillion
Princess Leia - Alison Brie
Padme - Mary Elizabeth Winstead
Obi-Wan - Kenneth Branagh
Mace Windu - Michael Jai White
Lando Calrissian - Don Cheadle/Idris Elba
C-3PO - Simon Pegg
Darth Vader (voice) - Laurence Fishburne
Darth Maul - Scott Adkins
Count Dooku - Donald Sutherland
Palpatine - Anthony Hopkins

Job done. Roll on 2015. [sm=fighting03.gif]

I agree that Fillion could play Han Solo in his sleep but no studio is ever going to cast a B-list actor in an A-list part! I hate to say it but he han't a snowball in hells chance! Like I said It'll probably go to Ryan Reynolds or Chris Evans or sum-such! Who are both great actors and both very likeable - and actually, now I've written it down I like the idea of Chris Evans as Solo!! Hmmm.....

Sorry Vad3r, I can see you're a fan (hence the username) but some of those casting suggestions are worse than awful! [;)] Paul Dano/Zack Effron/Michael Cera as Luke Skywalker? Are you mental? Wouldn't the idea of re-casting the new leader of the Jedi order be to make him tougher looking (no offence to the Mark "the Ham-ster" Hamill, he's awesome) not more of a pussy? Charlie Hunnam has the right look and "feel" for Luke Skywalker if you ask me!

And re-casting a bunch of dead characters that have no chance of ressurection is, fun, but pointless! Luke, Leia and Han Solo need re-casting, possibly the force ghosts of Obi-Wan and Anakin could still be played by Ewan McGregor and that useless twat, sorry, I mean Haydn Christensen (Sam Jackson as Mace Windu could also feature as a ghost I guess) but Count Dooku? Padme? Emporer Palpatine? No. Just no! [;)]

vad3r -> RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 (31/10/2012 4:56:18 PM)

quote:

quote:

You have no idea.

I'm pretty sure the majority of the public will prefer to see Vader, Yoda, Skywalker, Princess Leia, Han Solo, Chewie etc. Than characters they've never heard of. Just a hunch.

quote:

You can't put someone back in the film who's dead. How can Vader come back, please tell me.

Two routes.

a) The rules of real life doesn't dictate sci-fi fantasy films. Characters die all the time and It's down to the writer to utilise the genre and bring him back.
b) They ignore the fact that they died and don't waste time building exposition.

vad3r -> RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 (31/10/2012 4:58:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

quote:

quote:

I'd just ignore him.

For a while I actually gave him the benefit of the doubt that he was just engaging in a conversation and making a fool of himself.

This line, however

quote:

Dead says who? It's a Disney sci-fi fantasy, not an ITV period drama. They could just ignore the fact that they died, I'd have no problem with that. Wipe the slate clean and start over.

-0 points for originality. Calling me a troll is nothing new or clever. It's libel, you're not a mod, block me or engage in civil discussion. No name calling please, we're not in school any more.

Harry Tuttle -> RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 (31/10/2012 5:02:13 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'd just ignore him.

This line, however

quote:

-0 points for originality. Calling me a troll is nothing new or clever. It's libel, you're not a mod, block me or engage in civil discussion. No name calling please, we're not in school any more.

I'm not name calling, I'm calling a troll a troll. There is no way you can possibly be serious with the comment I've quoted above. Ignore the fact they died is probably the most moronic thing I've ever read about Star Wars (and I've read the script for Phantom Menace). That was posted solely for attention, because you know as well as I do that there's about as much chance of Nathan Fillion bagging the Han Solo role as there is of that happening.

Rgirvan44 -> RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 (31/10/2012 5:04:02 PM)

I suspect those who talked about the kids of Skywalker and Solo are likely on the right track - makes sense. You can have a number of younger characters ranging from the Luke to Solo type characters. I would suspect the amount of time that passed between episode 6 and 7 would be the same as in the real world so they would all be in their 20s.

Hamill would be in it - Ford if he can be convinced to take the paycheck. Not sure about Fisher.

It will be forward looking - Disney will be about establishing the brand for the long term and looking at these actors to hold up the films for the next three and beyond.

jediwarrior -> RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 (31/10/2012 5:05:12 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

You have no idea.

I'm pretty sure the majority of the public will prefer to see Vader, Yoda, Skywalker, Princess Leia, Han Solo, Chewie etc. Than characters they've never heard of. Just a hunch.

quote:

You can't put someone back in the film who's dead. How can Vader come back, please tell me.

Two routes.

a) The rules of real life doesn't dictate sci-fi fantasy films. Characters die all the time and It's down to the writer to utilise the genre and bring him back.
b) They ignore the fact that they died and don't waste time building exposition.

But you can't ignore that they died its part of the story!!!

The only way to bring them back is a reboot which ain't happening at the moment with 7,8 and 9. I'm sure it will happen one day but not until the 9th film has been done.

I don't want Vader, Padme etc back. That story has been told. Star Wars fans want new stories and the next generation of fans won't give a monkies about Luke and Han Solo.

Do you know who the younger generation favourites characters are now? The Clone Troopers. Because they watch the cartoon and the Trooper are good guys at the moment. The likes of Luke and Han don't mean anything to them as it's all the prequels and Clone Wars.
Download the Forcecast on itunes and have a listen to that.

vad3r -> RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 (31/10/2012 5:09:12 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'd just ignore him.

This line, however

quote:

There is no way you can possibly be serious with the comment I've quoted above. Ignore the fact they died is probably the most moronic thing I've ever read about Star Wars (and I've read the script for Phantom Menace). That was posted solely for attention, because you know as well as I do that there's about as much chance of Nathan Fillion bagging the Han Solo role as there is of that happening.

Sci-fi fantasy does not = real life. Characters die. Writers bring them back. Slates are wiped clean, franchises are reset, characters recast. I said nothing that hasn't been done before.

Nathan Fillion is the lead star of a hit network TV show in its fifth season. He's also regularly on US talk shows. Nathan Fillion isn't cult any more, he's mainstream, A-list and one of the highest paid actors on TV.
The man has almost 1.5 million Twitter followers. His popularity isn't in question.

jediwarrior -> RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 (31/10/2012 5:14:15 PM)

quote:

Sci-fi fantasy does not = real life. Characters die. Writers bring them back. Slates are wiped clean, franchises are reset, characters recast. I said nothing that hasn't been done before.

Yes but Episode 7 ain't a reboot!!!! Show me a news clip of the story which says Disney is rebooting the Franchise

vad3r -> RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 (31/10/2012 5:16:48 PM)

quote:

quote:

Yes but Episode 7 ain't a reboot!!!! Show me a news clip of the story which says Disney is rebooting the Franchise

Like someone else said earlier. The most logical reasoning is that it's a continuation of the story, with the old characters recast.

horribleives -> RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 (31/10/2012 5:19:30 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'd just ignore him.

This line, however

quote:

There is no way you can possibly be serious with the comment I've quoted above. Ignore the fact they died is probably the most moronic thing I've ever read about Star Wars (and I've read the script for Phantom Menace). That was posted solely for attention, because you know as well as I do that there's about as much chance of Nathan Fillion bagging the Han Solo role as there is of that happening.

Nathan Fillion is the lead star of a hit network TV show in its fifth season. He's also regularly on US talk shows. Nathan Fillion isn't cult any more, he's mainstream, A-list and one of the highest paid actors on TV.
The man has almost 1.5 million Twitter followers. His popularity isn't in question.

Indeed they are. But which bit of the press release/interview (in which Lucas quite clearly refers to the new films as parts 7, 8 and 9) makes you think it will be a remake? It's pretty obvious it's going to be set after Return Of The Jedi.

jediwarrior -> RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 (31/10/2012 5:19:49 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

Like someone else said earlier. The most logical reasoning is that it's a continuation of the story, with the old characters recast.

But you keep quoting characters who died in the films saying they will be in the new movies. Saying the writers will find a way to bring them back. What is it Dallas? Luke will step out the shower and Vader is in the next room making him a cup of nerf juice?

Harry Tuttle -> RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 (31/10/2012 5:20:16 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

A continuation of a story where Yoda, Obi-Wan, Palpatine, Vader, Maul, Dooku and Windu are dead.

You're tying yourself in knots here.

vad3r -> RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 (31/10/2012 5:26:32 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

A continuation of a story where Palpatine, Vader, Maul, Dooku and Windu are dead.

You're tying yourself in knots here.

Continuation/entirely new story, it isn't a remake of any of the original six movies. I don't know how they'll do it, but I'm pretty sure you can bet your house on seeing Darth Vader in 2015.

Like I said earlier:

vad3r -> RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 (31/10/2012 5:29:40 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'd just ignore him.

This line, however

quote:

Indeed they are. But which bit of the press release/interview (in which Lucas quite clearly refers to the new films as parts 7, 8 and 9) makes you think it will be a remake? It's pretty obvious it's going to be set after Return Of The Jedi.

I don't think it'll be a remake. It'll be a new story (Ep 7), with the old characters recast.

Harry Tuttle -> RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 (31/10/2012 5:38:15 PM)

quote:

Continuation/entirely new story, it isn't a remake of any of the original six movies. I don't know how they'll do it, but I'm pretty sure you can bet your house on seeing Darth Vader in 2015.

Maybe a force ghost of Anakin but there's no chance of Vader appearing in anything but a flashback.

No. Chance.

quote:

Lol.

Darth Vader is dead. He died redemptively, saving the life of his son and was seen later to be burnt on a pyre. Later still his fucking ghost appeared. This isn't just some minor plot point you can cast aside, this was the point of the series.

But you already know this.

horribleives -> RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 (31/10/2012 5:52:03 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'd just ignore him.

This line, however

quote:

I don't think it'll be a remake. It'll be a new story (Ep 7), with the old characters recast.

But if you recast characters who die in part 6 then it wouldn't be episode 7, would it?

directorscut -> RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 (31/10/2012 5:52:53 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'd just ignore him.

This line, however

quote:

And if all those 1.5 million went to see a movie of his it would gross an amazing $11 million. [sm=happy07.gif]

Key word "TV". He should stay on TV. Same with Whedon.

vad3r -> RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 (31/10/2012 7:48:39 PM)

People will be regretting their words when they see this back, on IMAX, in 3D, in 2015.

[image]http://www.creativeuncut.com/gallery-07/art/swfu-darth-vader.jpg[/image]

Can. Not. Wait.

vad3r -> RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 (31/10/2012 8:03:12 PM)

Ok, to keep this thread alive, what are your suggestions for the title? Star Wars has always been famous for great titles like A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back etc.

Here's some of mine:

Star Wars Episode Vll: A Dark Lord Returns
Star Wars Episode Vll: War of the Jedi
Star Wars Episode Vll: A Final Beginning
Star Wars Episode Vll: Return of the Empire

Rebel scum -> RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 (31/10/2012 8:09:34 PM)

Star Wars Episode VII: The New Blood
Star Wars Episode VII: New Nightmare
Star Wars Episode VII: Mission To Moscow
or more seriously
Star Wars Episode VII: No, Darth Vader's Not In It

Rgirvan44 -> RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 (31/10/2012 8:11:03 PM)

quote:

Star Wars Episode VII: A Final Beginning

They should deffo call one of them this.

Hood_Man -> RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 (31/10/2012 8:11:38 PM)

quote:

Ok, to keep this thread alive

Like there was any danger? [:D]

Star Wars Episode VII: Jedis Assemble!

fuzzy -> RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 (31/10/2012 8:19:18 PM)

quote:

Uncle George on the future of Star Wars movies:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyqlTi7lkhY

If anyone's in any doubt about what these films will be, the info's in this clip. A continuation of the saga, working from treatments already done by George, he said he's also got ideas for other films, books, comics etc. and he's giving Kennedy the responsibility to take these forward, and she speaks about protecting the story and what's already been created or words to that effect.

So no fucking reboot, no bastardising the stories that have gone before. This is a continuation from eps 1-6. End of.

vad3r -> RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 (31/10/2012 8:34:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

quote:

Star Wars Episode VII: A Final Beginning

They should deffo call one of them this.

Can't tell if you're being sarcastic or serious. If it's the latter, then thanks! I honestly think it's a superb name.

Darth Marenghi -> RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 (31/10/2012 9:15:24 PM)

I think my tentative pick would be Ron Moore scripting and possibly Gore Verbinski in the director's chair (he's quite in with ILM after all with Rango). Although scratch all that if Spielberg really wants a shot after all this time. [:D]

Hood_Man -> RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 (31/10/2012 9:17:27 PM)

If Spielberg and Disney, two of my three favourite childhood things, came together to continue the remaining one of my three favourite things, I think I would faint.

directorscut -> RE: Star Wars: Episode 7 (31/10/2012 9:27:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darth Marenghi

I think my tentative pick would be Ron Moore scripting and possibly Gore Verbinski in the director's chair (he's quite in with ILM after all with Rango). Although scratch all that if Spielberg really wants a shot after all this time. [:D]

If Bore Verbinski comes within one mile of a Star Wars film.... I will kill you.

Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI