Bryan Singer Set For Next X-Men (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Bryan Singer Set For Next X-Men (30/10/2012 11:00:00 PM)

Post your comments on this article

GALLYMOO -> He bit the hand that fed him..... (30/10/2012 11:00:00 PM)

...now he's crawling back into the fold....he'll never top X2 anyhow!

theoriginalcynic -> RE: He bit the hand that fed him..... (30/10/2012 11:05:40 PM)

Good news.

BenTramer -> (30/10/2012 11:09:00 PM)

Depressing news, Singer's X-Men movies weren't great. First Class was a superb movie that handled the multi-character story the way Singer was never able to. No wonder he wants back in now he's been outdone.

theoriginalcynic -> RE: (30/10/2012 11:13:24 PM)

Are you serious? X2 wasn't a good movie?

GALLYMOO -> X4....> (31/10/2012 12:23:10 AM)

Singer probably needs the work for some more botox....the guy looks more and more like a plastic mutant these days...

Biggus -> (31/10/2012 6:31:29 AM)

I thought it was Jack the Giant Killer?

sagent33 -> (31/10/2012 9:11:32 AM)

He will completely change the feel and visual aesthetic of the first class movie, which normally I would be ok with as it's another guys take on it. But going with what singer done with the first two x men movies, I feel the movie will be in danger in becoming too dull, a tad depressing and overly serious, basically the fun sapped out of it! First class managed to keep dark tones very present but still managed a good balance with fun and excitement. I hope I am wrong and I did enjoy x2. Just have my reservations. Would have preferred another fresh approach from another director.

Nicky C -> Cool! (31/10/2012 9:42:14 AM)

So it's more of a swap in roles, with Singer directing and Vaughn producing. That's great, hopefully it means that they're happy with the formula/DNA from the first one (which I really like) and that the next one has more time to give it an extra bit of polish. I was sad that Vaughn wasn't doing it but heck, if Singer's doing it then I'm back in smiley mode. People forget that Singer's X-Men was the comic book movie that made them 'real' again (5 years before Chris Nolan). It blew me away in 2000, hopefully this one will too.

potemkin1925 -> Great - so after one good X-Men movie (31/10/2012 10:14:05 AM)

we are back to X-Men movies where nothing happens!!!

Wonderful!!!

Dannybohy -> RE: Great - so after one good X-Men movie (31/10/2012 10:17:56 AM)

I thought he did a great job with first Xmen, But I can never forgive him for Superman Returns and don't think he should ever be allowed near a camera again. Plus, everything he does is laced with an immense amount of latent campness!! its like e watching the volley ball scene from Topgun back again and realising as an adult how homoerotic it was !.

burtbondy -> Stick A Fork In Him (31/10/2012 10:24:16 AM)

He's done. So is the X-men series. They just dont materialise into good movies. Go and make The Usual Suspects 2.

Chis -> RE: Stick A Fork In Him (31/10/2012 11:24:05 AM)

I for one am very happy about this. X-Men 2 was awesome & still to this day my favourite comic book film. Loved others but nothing has come close to the excitement I had when I saw X-2 at the flicks. First Class was good though I didn't enjoy it as most folk seem to of done. Too many stupid characters (ZoŽ Kravitz stupid wasp thing) awful acting ( ZoŽ Kravitz & January Jones) stupid moments (Frost being strangled by a brass bed while in her diamond form!?) and the action was a bit meh & underwhelming (the hideous flying fight scene with banshee). Didn't like how they handled Beast & inventing a new character who was exact same as Nightcrawler expect red & evil was crap too. I just had too many issues with it to rate it any higher.

Timon -> RE: Great - so after one good X-Men movie (31/10/2012 11:32:11 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dannybohy

I thought he did a great job with first Xmen, But I can never forgive him for Superman Returns and don't think he should ever be allowed near a camera again. Plus, everything he does is laced with an immense amount of latent campness!! its like e watching the volley ball scene from Topgun back again and realising as an adult how homoerotic it was !.

I'm sorry, but what? The Usual Suspects, Valkyrie and The X-Men films are laced with campness?

Dannybohy -> RE: Great - so after one good X-Men movie (31/10/2012 12:01:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

quote:

I'm sorry, but what? The Usual Suspects, Valkyrie and The X-Men films are laced with campness?

yes
yes and yes
Tom Cruise looks like a camp extra from Allo Allo
Rewatch Spacey in usual Suspects, you will see
Do I have to justify X-men claim?
Superman Returns, the latex suit, the hotpants, Lex?
Not homophobic, just prefer a little less camp in my movies, unless im watching a Carry on film

Wild about Wilder -> RE: Great - so after one good X-Men movie (31/10/2012 1:16:43 PM)

Who needs who here more Fox having lost 2 directors in quick succesion or Singer whose not really had a hit for a while?

ericcoyle -> (31/10/2012 1:23:43 PM)

To answer a previous question, no, X2 was not a great movie, nor even a good one. Singer's films are dull, dull, dull and this is the worst news possible for the X franchise. Why people persist in holding 1&2 up as some kind of standard is beyond me. They come across as dull TV movies with deeply inadequate action, dull one-on-one fights (boring) and worst of all have created this stupid idea of a love affair between Jean and Wolverine, side tracking Cyclops to an also ran role. What a jyp! I hope the new Wolverine can make us forget how terribly disappointing those first two film are.

The Hooded Man -> RE: (31/10/2012 2:16:23 PM)

X-Men First Class wasn't a patch on X2 which is hands down the high point in the X-Men on the big screen. First Class was pretty good but it had a fair few problems, the tone was all over the place at times and too many of the characters didn't feel properly fleshed out. Still it was good fun and Vaughn and Singer deserve credit for making it relatively fresh without losing that connection with the original films, which is why I'm delighted that they are the team behind it again even if the roles are reversed. On another note I can't help but feel there's a hint of homophobia from some people when talking about Singer as a film maker. His X-Men films are certainly no more camp than a great deal of the recent comic book output we've seen and there was nothing more camp about Superman Returns than in the Donner films but they don't suffer that label for some reason.

theoriginalcynic -> RE: (31/10/2012 2:17:12 PM)

ericcoyle You're entitled to your opinion but I don't agree, at all.

Dannybohy -> RE: Great - so after one good X-Men movie (31/10/2012 2:26:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wild about Wilder

Who needs who here more Fox having lost 2 directors in quick succesion or Singer whose not really had a hit for a while?

Indeed. I am still surprised at Singer being bought back in!. To be fair, I liked X-men 1 and 2, decent comic adaptations,just felt cheated on the action scenes. If it wasn't for Vinnie Jones I would've rated part 3 too. Prefered X-men first class to all of them. Oh well, atleast its not Nolan (any chance I get baby! oh yeh)

p.s. My gypsy curse on Singer stays in place over the Superman Returns shitfest

Chis -> RE: (31/10/2012 2:57:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ericcoyle

To answer a previous question, no, X2 was not a great movie, nor even a good one. Singer's films are dull, dull, dull and this is the worst news possible for the X franchise. Why people persist in holding 1&2 up as some kind of standard is beyond me. They come across as dull TV movies with deeply inadequate action, dull one-on-one fights (boring) and worst of all have created this stupid idea of a love affair between Jean and Wolverine, side tracking Cyclops to an also ran role. What a jyp! I hope the new Wolverine can make us forget how terribly disappointing those first two film are.

That's your opinion dude and fair enough. I agree X-1 wasn't that great, showed promise but lacked the polish & investment it needed. Though I thought X-2 was great, I rate it higher than First Class though I rate that a lot higher than X-1 & the god awful X-3. I thought the action scenes in First Class were far more dull, the Banshee & Angel fight scene made me cringe & made people laugh out loud in cinema I was in. Also X-2 didn't make up the Logan & Jean love affair, that has always been in the comics. But yeah, Cyclops got jyped, I agree with that. There is a good reason people hail X-2 in high regard, because most people thought it was a good movie, was well received by critics & fans when it came out and paved the way for the comic book films we have now..... though depending on the film, that could be a good or bad thing ha.
And yes, please please please please let The Wolverine be a great film! Origins was terrible!!
To sum up;
X-men 1 = Meh ok
X-men 2 = Great
X-men 3 = Shit
Origins: Wolverine = Shit
First Class = Good

Darth Marenghi -> RE: RE: (31/10/2012 9:24:04 PM)

quote:

I thought he did a great job with first Xmen, But I can never forgive him for Superman Returns and don't think he should ever be allowed near a camera again. Plus, everything he does is laced with an immense amount of latent campness!!

Your face is laced with an immense amount of latent campness.

theonering -> (1/11/2012 9:00:10 AM)

Stop dissing superman returns. It was a great film.

Dannybohy -> RE: (1/11/2012 9:24:12 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: theonering

Stop dissing superman returns. It was a great film.

lol!....I can see the sarcasm oozing from the screen................no?

Dannybohy -> RE: RE: (1/11/2012 9:24:48 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darth Marenghi

quote:

I thought he did a great job with first Xmen, But I can never forgive him for Superman Returns and don't think he should ever be allowed near a camera again. Plus, everything he does is laced with an immense amount of latent campness!!

Your face is laced with an immense amount of latent campness.

So`s yours and all your Mums and all your Pets....

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI