Meet The Mandarin (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online

Empire Admin -> Meet The Mandarin (29/10/2012 10:23:49 PM)

Post your comments on this article

Teddy Bear -> Bill & Ted (29/10/2012 10:23:49 PM)

Will Bill & Ted's Genghis Khan make a cameo??

Rorcharch -> (30/10/2012 1:40:29 PM)

...Bob Genghis Khan,..

Pelle -> Pure racism (31/10/2012 12:22:13 PM)

Perfect example of Hollywood racism to cast white englishman as chinese. I want Yun-Fat Chow, Tony Leung or even Jackie Chan to play the part that was meant for they peolpe!

loafroaster -> Pelle... (1/11/2012 3:37:50 PM)

1) Ben Kingsley, real name Krishna Pandit Bhanji, is half Indian.

2) They're specifically stated that he's not Chinese in the movie. So why would they cast a Chinese actor? It's not a direct adaptation of the comic. Jarvis is a computerised voice in the movies, for pete's sake!

paulbarberella -> Hollywood racism? (1/11/2012 4:01:35 PM)

Don't be pathetic. Denzel Washington played a part originally played by Frank Sinatra in The Manchurian Candidate. Charlton Heston in The Omega Man was replaced by Will Smith in I Am Legend. And the late, great Michael Clarke Duncan played Kingpin in Daredevil who in the comics is a caucasian. Get the chip off your shoulder and know your facts and stop jumping on the race thing. Ben Kingsley is a fantastic actor and he will bring massive gravitas to this role.

Pelle -> RE: Hollywood racism? (6/11/2012 8:14:16 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulbarberella

Don't be pathetic. Denzel Washington played a part originally played by Frank Sinatra in The Manchurian Candidate. Charlton Heston in The Omega Man was replaced by Will Smith in I Am Legend. And the late, great Michael Clarke Duncan played Kingpin in Daredevil who in the comics is a caucasian.
So what? Those casting decisions are not less racist in any way.

quote:

Get the chip off your shoulder and know your facts and stop jumping on the race thing.
Don't get me started on hobbits and dwarves on those stupid Tolkien movies. For years - for DECADES - every short actor in the world had waited the serious adaptations of LOTR and The Hobbit, so they'd finaly had the chance to play something good in serious roles. And then what happened? Hollywood decided to cast norman sized actors on those roles which is just as insulting as use white actors with painted faces in black roles back in the silent era.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
7.421875E-02