RE: Cheers - ITV4 every night (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen

Skiba -> RE: Cheers - ITV4 every night (12/1/2013 2:29:00 AM)

Love the theme tune so much too...I remember thinking it was Woody who sang it as a kid! [:D]

Never really noticed how strong Cliff's Boston accent is before, and neither had Mrs Skiba...she really struggles to understand what he's saying as it was always subtitled when she'd watched it before

boaby -> RE: Cheers - ITV4 every night (12/1/2013 12:20:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ElephantBoy

Thats true fair point, mind you outside of the machine singer I can't think of too many Florences[:)]

Florence Griffith Joyner
Florence Nightingale
Florence of Arabia...

[&:]

spark1 -> RE: Cheers - ITV4 every night (12/1/2013 12:35:44 PM)

guess the 'star trek' connection....

boaby -> RE: Cheers - ITV4 every night (12/1/2013 2:08:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: spark1

guess the 'star trek' connection....

Captain Janeway goes back in time to win an election and get a piece of Mayday Malone.

ElephantBoy -> RE: Cheers - ITV4 every night (12/1/2013 6:51:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: boaby

quote:

Thats true fair point, mind you outside of the machine singer I can't think of too many Florences[:)]

Florence Griffith Joyner
Florence Nightingale
Florence of Arabia...

[&:]
Oh get a life I was partly messing about, its still not a very common name[;)]

spark1 -> RE: Cheers - ITV4 every night (14/1/2013 12:56:15 PM)

'star trek'-

kate mulgrew
kelsey grammer
kirsty alley

and this-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6iI1iSdXGM&safe=active

ElephantBoy -> RE: Cheers - ITV4 every night (14/1/2013 8:25:23 PM)

quote:

'star trek'-

kate mulgrew
kelsey grammer
kirsty alley

and this-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6iI1iSdXGM&safe=active

That was really good fun!

musht -> RE: Cheers - ITV4 every night (15/1/2013 7:33:27 PM)

Diane was easily at her most annoying in Season 5

ElephantBoy -> RE: Cheers - ITV4 every night (15/1/2013 7:51:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: musht

Can't ever see that delighful creature being annoying[;)]

musht -> RE: Cheers - ITV4 every night (15/1/2013 8:26:47 PM)

quote:

quote:

Can't ever see that delighful creature being annoying[;)]

I was talking about Diane, not Carla [;)]

spark1 -> RE: Cheers - ITV4 every night (21/1/2013 12:26:33 PM)

no eps this week but last week had lillith appear for first time. what a bebe.

carla's thanksgiving-frasier in a old chair with a brew in his hand.....

Skiba -> RE: Cheers - ITV4 every night (3/2/2013 6:38:13 PM)

Starting to get really bored and annoyed with Diane...when does Rebecca turn up?

musht -> RE: Cheers - ITV4 every night (3/2/2013 11:57:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Skiba

Starting to get really bored and annoyed with Diane...when does Rebecca turn up?

She's so annoying in season 5. This is her last season though, they really nailed it when they got Rebecca in. Kept the show fresh without dipping in quality.

Gimli The Dwarf -> RE: Cheers - ITV4 every night (4/2/2013 1:58:16 AM)

Diane's been at her best in the S5 episodes [:D]

Skiba -> RE: Cheers - ITV4 every night (4/2/2013 9:56:39 AM)

quote:

quote:

She's so annoying in season 5. This is her last season though, they really nailed it when they got Rebecca in. Kept the show fresh without dipping in quality.

Phew! [:D]

ElephantBoy -> RE: Cheers - ITV4 every night (5/2/2013 3:00:01 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

Ok I thought Diane was in every season except the last one, seems a bit soon to lose her imo.

musht -> RE: Cheers - ITV4 every night (5/2/2013 3:15:27 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Ok I thought Diane was in every season except the last one, seems a bit soon to lose her imo.

Sorry, I'm never sure if I should be using spoiler tags with shows are this old, hope I didn't spoil it for you.

I think it was the right time, the Sam/Diane thing had run it's course in my opinion, and they didn't try to get the same character with Rebecca who brought something completely different and had a very different relationship with the gang

Rinc -> RE: Cheers - ITV4 every night (5/2/2013 6:58:16 PM)

As replacements go in sitcoms, Rebecca is a very good one. I prefer Diane but like musht says they didn't go for the same type of character and instead got something different a new angle.

I wish I was watching it all again! I've caught the odd episode but having watched them all again a couple of years ago, I can't dedicate the time at the moment.

spark1 -> RE: Cheers - ITV4 every night (6/2/2013 1:44:38 PM)

saw 'cheers' as series of two halves where diane, frasier represented old money pretentions while rebecca brought the yuppies in to take over the bar.

john cleese ep thursday 7.30pm.

Gimli The Dwarf -> RE: Cheers - ITV4 every night (3/4/2013 1:49:22 AM)

Any idea when this is coming back? Cricket and football seem to be in the slot for the next 8 days.

spark1 -> RE: Cheers - ITV4 every night (3/4/2013 10:36:27 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gimli The Dwarf

Any idea when this is coming back? Cricket and football seem to be in the slot for the next 8 days.

it has been back for last 2 weeks.

Gimli The Dwarf -> RE: Cheers - ITV4 every night (3/4/2013 10:37:42 AM)

It disappears again tonight though.

spark1 -> RE: Cheers - ITV4 every night (4/4/2013 1:22:17 PM)

and will be gone for the next 2 weeks because of cricket/rugby.

spark1 -> RE: Cheers - ITV4 every night (10/6/2013 10:33:06 AM)

finally.

back on itv4 from Tuesday 7pm.

Skiba -> RE: Cheers - ITV4 every night (10/6/2013 2:26:45 PM)

quote:

finally.

back on itv4 from Tuesday 7pm.

That's good news! My missus emailed ITV a few weeks ago to ask what happened and when it was coming back. She got a reply that said something like "we're exploring other avenues for the channel and have no concrete plans to start showing again"

spark1 -> RE: Cheers - ITV4 every night (22/7/2013 10:34:36 AM)

tour de france is over so it is back from this Tuesday.

ElephantBoy -> RE: Cheers - ITV4 every night (3/9/2013 12:43:43 PM)

And its on another break!

Have seen the show in fits and starts over the holidays but have to say some of the episodes I have seen are up there with the best ever. The Woody character has really found its feet and I am really on board with Rebecca. At first I found Alley's screeching a bit annoying, but now find her very funny and think she works with the other characters very well and has been taking in a different direction than Diane.

My favourite recent episodes have been Woody's wedding, the one where Sam and the Boys Break down on a road trip in the middle of no where and the fire episode.

spark1 -> RE: Cheers - ITV4 every night (3/9/2013 12:57:39 PM)

quote:

And its on another break!

Have seen the show in fits and starts over the holidays but have to say some of the episodes I have seen are up there with the best ever. The Woody character has really found its feet and I am really on board with Rebecca. At first I found Alley's screeching a bit annoying, but now find her very funny and think she works with the other characters very well and has been taking in a different direction than Diane.

My favourite recent episodes have been Woody's wedding, the one where Sam and the Boys Break down on a road trip in the middle of no where and the fire episode.

woody's song for Kelly cracks me up-'your hair is so clean!'

Gimli The Dwarf -> RE: Cheers - ITV4 every night (4/9/2013 12:08:14 AM)

quote:

My favourite recent episodes have been Woody's wedding,

Brilliant episode. Easily my favourite from S9/10.

Captain Black -> RE: Cheers - ITV4 every night (7/10/2013 10:34:20 PM)

I'd seen most of the last episode fairly recently, but it had extra impact in the context of the complete episode (or episodes).

The last scene was just amazing, just the main cast smoking cigars and talking about the meaning of life. And the guy who knocked on the door at the end? Wonder if he ever came back...

Actually I think that was one of the series' main writers Ken Levine, who often makes interesting comments about Cheers (and the many other comedies he wrote for) on his blog. http://kenlevine.blogspot.co.uk/

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI