New Good Day To Die Hard Trailer (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> New Good Day To Die Hard Trailer (25/10/2012 7:30:44 PM)

Post your comments on this article

Popcorn Required -> (25/10/2012 7:30:44 PM)

Gonna be the best five-quel ever

GledUK -> Hopefully this wil be good... (25/10/2012 7:47:02 PM)

...But I'm worried. I LOVED Die Hard 1, 2 and 3 but was REALLY unimpressed with 4. I think, for me, what made Die Hard's 1 through 3 great was John McClane being the 'reluctant hero'. In all 3 films he was roped into saving the day against his will due to forces outside his control. In Die Hard 4 it seemed to me that the writers had made him too self-aware, as if he knows he's the hero and is going to save the day.

Whilst everyone else was loving the "You blew up a helicopter with a car" moment in DH4, I was cringing as it just didn't sit right with me.

Hopefully DH5 will prove me wrong and be AWESOME but I'll remain skeptical until then. :)

clarkkent -> (25/10/2012 7:51:53 PM)

Looks fun. Die Hard 4 wasn't great, the obvious censorship editing to tone down the violence and swearing was irritating, but it still had some fun moments. This looks like it might be more of the same, i really don't understand the refusal to go with an R rating for this one, it's not like R rated movies don't make money these days.

jcthefirst -> RE: (25/10/2012 8:22:49 PM)

Huh, I didn't hate that.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: Hopefully this wil be good... (25/10/2012 8:41:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: GledUK

...But I'm worried. I LOVED Die Hard 1, 2 and 3 but was REALLY unimpressed with 4. I think, for me, what made Die Hard's 1 through 3 great was John McClane being the 'reluctant hero'. In all 3 films he was roped into saving the day against his will due to forces outside his control. In Die Hard 4 it seemed to me that the writers had made him too self-aware, as if he knows he's the hero and is going to save the day.

Whilst everyone else was loving the "You blew up a helicopter with a car" moment in DH4, I was cringing as it just didn't sit right with me.

Hopefully DH5 will prove me wrong and be AWESOME but I'll remain skeptical until then. :)

[sm=happy34.gif]

Shifty Bench -> RE: RE: (25/10/2012 9:12:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

Huh, I didn't hate that.

Exactly what I came in here to post [:)]

quote:

ORIGINAL: GledUK
In Die Hard 4 it seemed to me that the writers had made him too self-aware, as if he knows he's the hero and is going to save the day.

Spot on. He was far too cocky. This should have been the first time something like this has happened to John in 12 years yet he breezes through it like he does it every week. In the other films there was always a sense that he thought he could fuck up and die at any minute.

Letattz -> (25/10/2012 9:22:14 PM)

What WAS a distinctly 'meh' experience was turned around by the last line. Never mind Die Harder, I just wish they would work harder on films like this.

FoximusPrime -> RE: (26/10/2012 8:58:02 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Popcorn Required

Gonna be the best five-quel ever

*cough* Fast Five *cough*

But, yeah, I like the look of this. Definitely seems to have brought back the classic McClane persona compared to Die Hard 4, and that "Yippee Ki-Yay Mother Russia" poster...man, I hate it but I love it.

spark1 -> Die Hard Poster (26/10/2012 10:10:24 AM)

what you looking at, john?

burtbondy -> If its 12s Im out... If Its R Im In. (26/10/2012 11:02:05 AM)

It looks ok , but im not going to see a version of Die Hard thats stripped of its soul to cater for kids. Die Hard is about MaClaine. Where was MaClaine in 4.0? I didn't see him.

paulyboy -> RE: If its 12s Im out... If Its R Im In. (26/10/2012 11:40:49 AM)

I actually quite like that trailer, something about hearing Ode To Joy and Bruce Willis shooting people that still warms my heart, even after 24 years!

Don't get me wrong, I'd love for this to return to the series R-rated roots but if we get a decent action flick with some fun humour thrown in I'm not going to complain, count me in!

Cautiously optimistic!

musht -> RE: If its 12s Im out... If Its R Im In. (26/10/2012 11:46:16 AM)

The rating for this hasn't been confirmed yet has it?

paulyboy -> RE: If its 12s Im out... If Its R Im In. (26/10/2012 12:00:27 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: musht

The rating for this hasn't been confirmed yet has it?

Not that I'm aware of no, but I'd probably bet my testicles it won't be R-Rated!

We shall see!

jcthefirst -> RE: RE: (26/10/2012 12:09:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

Huh, I didn't hate that.

Exactly what I came in here to post [:)]

It's actually filled me with a little hope, which the first trailer failed to.

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulyboy

I actually quite like that trailer, something about hearing Ode To Joy and Bruce Willis shooting people that still warms my heart, even after 24 years!

And Bruce Willis still has the best shooting-a-gun-face in all of cinema.

The Hooded Man -> RE: RE: (26/10/2012 12:59:33 PM)

I think the problems with Die Hard 4 were in keeping with those of Bruce Willis' career trajectory. He started out as a likeable everyman caught up in ridiculous situations that meant he struggled to keep it together and stay alive, somewhere along the line he dispensed with the humour and became a relentless po-faced action stereotype.

spark1 -> Everyman? (26/10/2012 3:48:27 PM)

i think that DH2 is interesting for mcclaine seeming to believe his own publicity after nakatoma, doing tv/press, and thinking he can do the supercop thing.

mclane1 -> Bring it! (26/10/2012 5:01:36 PM)

love it! ode to joygasm!

Wild about Wilder -> RE: Bring it! (27/10/2012 10:00:42 AM)

Just for the girl on the motorbike me likeee. [:D][sm=happy34.gif]

GALLYMOO -> Bruce is back! (28/10/2012 2:40:18 PM)

And this time he's bringing his son!

JohnMcClane81 -> RE: Bruce is back! (1/11/2012 1:58:35 PM)

Trailer looks epic.

You have my approval to continue.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.611328E-02