Exclusive: Hobbit Running Time Revealed (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Exclusive: Hobbit Running Time Revealed (24/10/2012 2:39:54 PM)

Post your comments on this article

kielerkai -> This will be awesome! (24/10/2012 2:39:54 PM)

90mins, 140mins, 180mins, whatever! This. Will. Be. Movie. Magic!

attakdog -> (24/10/2012 9:13:12 PM)

FFS 160 minutes?? The Hobbits not even a quarter as a big of a book as LOTR! What is jacksons problem, why cant he get his films under two hours in length like anyone else??

RogueElement -> Wrong date (24/10/2012 10:09:34 PM)

"...on shelves tomorrow, Thursday October 24". That would be Thursday the 25 I should imagine.

NeoBrowser -> RE: (25/10/2012 2:48:03 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: attakdog
FFS 160 minutes?? The Hobbits not even a quarter as a big of a book as LOTR! What is jacksons problem, why cant he get his films under two hours in length like anyone else??

Um, because that would be stupid. And that was my BIGGEST worry when I heard about the trilogy! All Middle Earth films need to be over 2.5 hours at least! (over 3 hours for extended editions)

kittybinks -> What's Wrong With A Big Fat Hobbit? (25/10/2012 8:17:28 AM)

I personally don't care about the running time of a movie as long as the story is either not rushed i.e, poor character developments or the other way where we are lovingly shown every blade of grass on the journey(yawn!). As long as the running time serves the story who cares how long you are sat there?

BelfastBoy -> RE: What's Wrong With A Big Fat Hobbit? (25/10/2012 12:47:55 PM)

If all three films are going to be comparable in length, I have two immediate observations:

- Expect very little Hobbit story (since it's relatively linear and straightforward) and MASSIVE amounts of imported material from the LOTR appendices, as well as stuff made up by Jackson and Boyens. (Battle of Five Armies will probably be gigantically extended.)
- What could possibly be left to include in extended editions for home media?!

Don't get me wrong, I'm very excited by this project and am sure it'll be great. But getting an entire trilogy of a brief children's book is clearly an exercise in money grabbing as well.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
3.515625E-02