First Look At Iron Man 3's Mandarin (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> First Look At Iron Man 3's Mandarin (22/10/2012 6:29:25 PM)

Post your comments on this article

spamfiend -> Captain America Suit (22/10/2012 6:29:25 PM)

Do you think they did a Captain America suit cos Stark was jealous of his threads?? Maybe took 'go put your suit on' in the Avengers too seriously lol..

AMart911 -> Oh come on!! (22/10/2012 7:47:34 PM)

Really!? Just how overly sensitive are we going to get. I know that we're trying not to insult anyone here. But REALLY!? You've taken one of the few diverse characters(asian or otherwise) and cast a "more acceptable" version. The Mandarin IS chinese. How hard is it to cast a chinese actor. Or an asian actor at least.

Fluxx -> Oh come on??? (22/10/2012 8:35:27 PM)

Ever saw the movie Gandhi?? I think he will do great!!

Knight of Fury -> RE: Captain America Suit (22/10/2012 8:50:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: spamfiend

Do you think they did a Captain America suit cos Stark was jealous of his threads?? Maybe took 'go put your suit on' in the Avengers too seriously lol..

The design is taken from the recent(ish) Dark Reign storyline in the comics. The character who wore it was Iron Patriot (actually Norman Osborne, but as Sony owns his fictional ass, he definitely won't be making an appearance) in a conscious nod to both Iron Man and Cap. I expect the use of it in IM3 is mostly a wink to us geeks who read the funny books.

Lord Fury -> (22/10/2012 9:14:13 PM)

He looks like a terrorist.

xzynomorpher -> RE: (22/10/2012 10:05:05 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

The design is taken from the recent(ish) Dark Reign storyline in the comics. The character who wore it was Iron Patriot (actually Norman Osborne, but as Sony owns his fictional ass, he definitely won't be making an appearance) in a conscious nod to both Iron Man and Cap. I expect the use of it in IM3 is mostly a wink to us geeks who read the funny books.

Though within the context of the movies, it does make perfect sense that the government would want to capitalize on the return of Captain America by dressing up War Machine in the same way. In fact, I wonder if it will be directly referenced in the film.

albumental -> "Heroes - There is no such thing" (23/10/2012 2:30:44 PM)

Look, I know I'm going to sound like a nit-picky bastard but none-the-less. Does that line not strike as being a bit clunky? Particularly as it's one of the few lines of dialogue in the Trailer & is being used to introduce the big bad? The Mandarin I'm assuming is an intelligent geezer who'd have his grammar in check. Eg. "Heroes. There are no such things" (It's plural) or "A Hero. There is no such thing." or even "Heroes... they don't exist." As I said, nit picky but it's bugging me.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
4.589844E-02