Whore of Fame Round 3: Last Whores Standing (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> The Hall Of Fame

[Poll]

Whore of Fame Round 3: Last Whores Standing

Psycho
  11% (2)
Jaws
  47% (8)
Taxi Driver
  41% (7)

Total Votes : 17
(last vote on : 17/10/2012 6:14:33 PM)
(Poll will run till: -- )

rawlinson -> Whore of Fame Round 3: Last Whores Standing (13/10/2012 11:15:02 AM)

The toys have had their batteries removed and been stored in the attic. The dead man's shoes have been taken to a charity shop. And Brazil has been conquered by a rival territory and its people turned into slave labour. Which leaves us with three.

Jaws
Psycho
Taxi Driver

I'll have a deadline for you later, but the last round is always a short one. Can anyone involved in the next round who hasn't yet sent a definite name of a film and a blurb do so by Monday night, please? That includes me. [:D]

I'd also just like to take this opportunity to say that I'm a Psycho fan, I'm sure most of us are, we're mostly people of good taste. But a vote for Psycho is also a vote for a third HoF win for TRM, and nobody wants that. Think of the greater good.

elab49 -> RE: Whore of Fame Round 3: Last Whores Standing (13/10/2012 11:21:01 AM)

Anyone else for the anything but Taxi Driver club? 

rawlinson -> RE: Whore of Fame Round 3: Last Whores Standing (13/10/2012 11:29:05 AM)

Elab, while you're here, could you set up a poll, please?

matty_b -> RE: Whore of Fame Round 3: Last Whores Standing (13/10/2012 11:29:51 AM)

Votes sent.

I have disappointed one of either elab or rawlinson - BUT WHICH ONE?

rawlinson -> RE: Whore of Fame Round 3: Last Whores Standing (13/10/2012 11:30:32 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

Votes sent.

Probably Elab, you've disappointed so many women in your life what's one more? [:D]

Rebel scum -> RE: Whore of Fame Round 3: Last Whores Standing (13/10/2012 11:31:12 AM)

Psycho beat out Brazil? Good grief.

rawlinson -> RE: Whore of Fame Round 3: Last Whores Standing (13/10/2012 11:31:30 AM)

Oh, and votes sent.

rawlinson -> RE: Whore of Fame Round 3: Last Whores Standing (13/10/2012 11:32:00 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rebel scum

You say that like Van Helsing beat it. [:D]

matty_b -> RE: Whore of Fame Round 3: Last Whores Standing (13/10/2012 11:36:54 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

quote:

Votes sent.

Probably Elab, you've disappointed so many women in your life what's one more? [:D]

[image]http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv23/shmandyface/gifTASTIC/George-Michael-Animated-gif-arrested-development-3695310-216-118.gif[/image]

rawlinson -> RE: Whore of Fame Round 3: Last Whores Standing (13/10/2012 11:39:15 AM)

[:D] Is your nom for the next round still available online, btw?

elab49 -> RE: Whore of Fame Round 3: Last Whores Standing (13/10/2012 11:42:15 AM)

Sorry about that. I swear it wasn't deliberate - my browser keeps freezing.

Although it might have been amusing to leave Psycho as the only poll option. [:D]

rawlinson -> RE: Whore of Fame Round 3: Last Whores Standing (13/10/2012 11:43:37 AM)

Trying to rig the vote for Psycho? Do you really want a third TRM victory? He'd be insufferable. [:D]

matty_b -> RE: Whore of Fame Round 3: Last Whores Standing (13/10/2012 11:43:59 AM)

And even more amusing to let Toy Story sneak in there at the expense of Jaws, apparently.

Don't let Gimli see. [:D]

rawlinson -> RE: Whore of Fame Round 3: Last Whores Standing (13/10/2012 11:44:39 AM)

Shit, I didn't even notice that. SHENANIGANS!! [:D]

matty_b -> RE: Whore of Fame Round 3: Last Whores Standing (13/10/2012 11:45:02 AM)

quote:

Just checked, yep, two versions still on YouTube. I'll get the blurb done this weekend.

elab49 -> RE: Whore of Fame Round 3: Last Whores Standing (13/10/2012 11:49:41 AM)

Um.. - ooops?

Rebel scum -> RE: Whore of Fame Round 3: Last Whores Standing (13/10/2012 11:51:04 AM)

quote:

quote:

Well, it's not THAT bad. [:D]

It was the weakest remaining film in the second round though (Aside from Dead Man's Shoes, which I've not seen so I can't hold an opinion)

rawlinson -> RE: Whore of Fame Round 3: Last Whores Standing (13/10/2012 11:51:33 AM)

quote:

quote:

Just checked, yep, two versions still on YouTube. I'll get the blurb done this weekend.

Still have a backup handy, just in case it gets pulled before the round starts. What we'll have to do then is strongly advise everyone to watch your film (Dev's too, I think that's a Youtube one as well) immediately.

rawlinson -> RE: Whore of Fame Round 3: Last Whores Standing (13/10/2012 11:54:29 AM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

It was the weakest remaining film in the second round though (Aside from Dead Man's Shoes, which I've not seen so I can't hold an opinion)

I was going to say I'm shocked to live in a world where Psycho is considered weaker than Toy Story, then I remembered your nom for the next round and suddenly the lack of taste made sense. [:D][;)]

Rebel scum -> RE: Whore of Fame Round 3: Last Whores Standing (13/10/2012 11:59:04 AM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I was going to say I'm shocked to live in a world where Psycho is considered weaker than Toy Story, then I remembered your nom for the next round and suddenly the lack of taste made sense. [:D][;)]

At least Toy Story doesn't have a guy come in at the end to explain how the toys come to life and why Sid's so mean in excruciating detail [;)].

Also: fuck you [:D].

matty_b -> RE: Whore of Fame Round 3: Last Whores Standing (13/10/2012 12:00:46 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

Still have a backup handy, just in case it gets pulled before the round starts. What we'll have to do then is strongly advise everyone to watch your film (Dev's too, I think that's a Youtube one as well) immediately.

OK, I'll have a think and let you know along with my blurb.

And just to check, this is my first nom' as a long-termer, yeah?

MonsterCat -> RE: Whore of Fame Round 3: Last Whores Standing (13/10/2012 12:23:58 PM)

TRM has had three wins so far? I hate him.

rawlinson -> RE: Whore of Fame Round 3: Last Whores Standing (13/10/2012 12:48:48 PM)

quote:

At least Toy Story doesn't have a guy come in at the end to explain how the toys come to life and why Sid's so mean in excruciating detail [;)].

And it suffers because of it. [:D][;)]

quote:

And just to check, this is my first nom' as a long-termer, yeah?

It is.

quote:

TRM has had three wins so far? I hate him.

Two. Although I still say Die Hard should be wiped from the record book. A summer action blockbuster is not a Christmas film.

matty_b -> RE: Whore of Fame Round 3: Last Whores Standing (13/10/2012 12:49:54 PM)

Blurb and back up nomination sent.

MonsterCat -> RE: Whore of Fame Round 3: Last Whores Standing (13/10/2012 12:57:08 PM)

Jaws should win because it kicks ass and it doesn't have a psychiatrist telling us why the shark eats people.

rawlinson -> RE: Whore of Fame Round 3: Last Whores Standing (13/10/2012 1:00:43 PM)

quote:

Your back-up nom is the better film. [:D]

quote:

Jaws should win because it kicks ass and it doesn't have a psychiatrist telling us why the shark eats people.

Taxi Driver should clearly win, and anyone who disagrees probably thinks they own the internet. [:D]

MonsterCat -> RE: Whore of Fame Round 3: Last Whores Standing (13/10/2012 1:04:49 PM)

Jaws doesn't have the irritating overuse of a saxophone theme.

Harry Tuttle -> RE: Whore of Fame Round 3: Last Whores Standing (13/10/2012 1:06:44 PM)

Philestines [:D]

Of the three left Taxi Driver should win as it's the better film although Jaws is the easier watch.

rawlinson -> RE: Whore of Fame Round 3: Last Whores Standing (13/10/2012 1:08:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

Jaws doesn't have the irritating overuse of a saxophone theme.

Taxi Driver wasn't directed by Spielburger. A win for Jaws is a win for the man who gave us War Horse.

matty_b -> RE: Whore of Fame Round 3: Last Whores Standing (13/10/2012 1:12:17 PM)

quote:

quote:

Your back-up nom is the better film. [:D]

It probably is, but I thought I'd go for the lesser-known one. You know, not being a whore and all that. [:D]

Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
6.347656E-02