Harris Savides Has Died (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Harris Savides Has Died (12/10/2012 10:10:58 AM)

Post your comments on this article

mrjingles75 -> One of the best.. (12/10/2012 10:10:58 AM)

Cinematographers (or Directors Of Photography) are one of the major talents driving a movie and they are often quite shamefully overlooked by the average film fan. They're not just involved with lighting and exposures but often the setups and compositions aswell. Essential elements that drive story telling and no one works more closely with the director during shooting. Harry was far too young to pass and I will miss his presence in cinema.

bobsbitchtits -> Sad stuff... (12/10/2012 1:29:35 PM)

This is sad news indeed. Zodiac still dazzles me and I think Savides' work on that film was the nearest I have come to see Edward Hopper's style brought to life. The opening shot tracking along the street as fireworks explode is undoubtedly one of the most beautifully lit and shot scenes I can remember.

BenTramer -> RIP Great Man (12/10/2012 3:57:10 PM)

My heart sank when I heard Harris Savides had died, he did some great work with David Fincher and he worked with Ridley Scott too. He was great with dark nighttime photography like Dean Cundey. One critic remarked that his work on The Game was the darkest photography since Hitchcock's Vertigo. And, of course, Zodiac is superb. He will be missed.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI