Surround Sound Speakers/Home Cinema (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Knowledge Base

MI Cruise -> Surround Sound Speakers/Home Cinema (11/10/2012 1:39:09 PM)

I have a 42'' Panasonic TV and a PS3 which I use as the main blu-ray player. I'm looking to buy surround sound speakers to get the correct sound quality. I have a budget of around £200 and don't necessarily want one of those home cinema systems that come with a blu-ray player as I want to stick with the PS3.

Could anyone recommend me a product because I'm completely new to speakers and home cinema etc. I would like to replace listening through my TV speakers with the surround speakers. Also what would make it digital sound as I have some old Genius speakers but that uses a headphone jack which I believe is analogue (also my Panasonic doesn't have a headphone jack)

Thank you [:)]

Hobbitonlass -> RE: Surround Sound Speakers/Home Cinema (11/10/2012 1:41:51 PM)

I'll be watching this with interest as I have a 42" Panasonic TV with a PS3 as the Blu Ray player and wouldn't mind looking in to a surround system [:D]

MI Cruise -> RE: Surround Sound Speakers/Home Cinema (11/10/2012 1:47:23 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

I'll be watching this with interest as I have a 42" Panasonic TV with a PS3 as the Blu Ray player and wouldn't mind looking in to a surround system [:D]

There are some systems that I've seen online, and because technical wise I don't know anything about them I do just feel like buying a decent looking one at random. But then I don't wanna be stuck with something that's completely different from what I wanted.

MI Cruise -> RE: Surround Sound Speakers/Home Cinema (12/10/2012 10:57:52 AM)

I was recommended this set on another forum and I have put an order in hopefully should arrive within the week as I chose the first class delivery option. Its £179.95 and the following are instructions I was given to set it up

The Yamaha 196 (from Richer Sounds) would fit nicely into you budget and give you all you want/need. To connect it you would connect your PS3 via HDMI to the receiver in the package and then a HDMI from the receiver to the TV. As long as you have a new TV with 1.4HDMI and ARC (Audio Return) then this is all you would need to get sound from the TV and PS3. If your TV does not have ARC then you would need an optical or phono cable from the TV to the receiver as well

http://m.richersounds.com/product/1-box-home-cinema-systems/yamaha/yht196/yama-yht196

Hobbitonlass -> RE: Surround Sound Speakers/Home Cinema (12/10/2012 11:26:52 AM)

[sm=happy34.gif]

I will wait to hear of your exepriece with it [:)]

sharkboy -> RE: Surround Sound Speakers/Home Cinema (12/10/2012 11:43:33 AM)

A few years ago I decided to upgrade my home cinema system and went for the top-of-the range Onkyo 7.1 AV amp and to say I was blown away by the quality of the sound would be a crass understatement.  Even on my speaker set-up (which is getting on in years now), the sound was crisp and clear, the bass response earth-moving and the surround effects amazing.  It's a beast of an amp and has more connections than the entire London Underground map, but it's made me a huge fan of the brand.

All this is by way of saying that Richer are currently offering a great deal on Onkyo's entry model, the TSXR390, which is going for abour £140.  It doesn't include speakers, but if your budget can stretch a bit, you can get a full 5.1 set of Pioneers for around £100, which would make for a damn fine set-up [:D]

donethinking -> RE: Surround Sound Speakers/Home Cinema (12/10/2012 3:17:51 PM)

Just be careful you dont get carried away and spend over £1000 like I did, and then end up selling it all because its too powerful for your living room/neighbours!

You might be surprized what a difference a £30 pair of logitech PC speakers make, thats what I ended up with but as you say your TV doesnt have a headphone socket, which seems odd, my Panasonic 37" does [sm=33.gif]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI