On The Road (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews

Empire Admin -> On The Road (10/10/2012 11:28:18 PM)

Post your comments on this article

TheLikelyLad -> (Haven't seen it yet) (10/10/2012 11:28:18 PM)

I don't get how you're relating the source material to the actresses who have been cast. I don't doubt that On the Road is somewhat misogynistic and women have a limited role. However, the film shouldn't give the woman greater parts just because there are good actresses available. The novel is fundamentally a 'bromance'- 'I think of Dean Moriarty' - and it should be kept that way, as something idealistic and wild, yet sad and flawed. I don't agree that the novel has aged badly either - I think the writing is as fresh and dazzling today as ever, just some attitudes towards women will inevitably be dated. I'm a fan of the book and am looking forward to seeing how it's portrayed. You mentioned you'd perhaps like something more wild and experimental - kerouacian stream of consciousness even. I think it'd be cool if it was somewhere in between The Motorcycle diaries, My Own Private Idaho and maybe some Fear And Loathing.

talpacino -> On The Road (17/10/2012 2:12:10 PM)

3 is about right for me. It was ok. Definitely nowhere near Motorcycle Diaries. It does look great though and there's a few great little cameos.

guysalisbury -> Terrible! (16/8/2013 10:34:53 AM)

This is one of the most pretentious films I have ever seen! Sam Riley was good and quite surprisingly so was Kristen Stewart but they could not save this being the most boring film I have seen in a long time! Nothing happened! I just hope it was based on a true story because if someone actually came up with this idea well god help us all! Avoid!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI