Strictly Come Dancing 2012 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen

MrsFinkelstein -> Strictly Come Dancing 2012 (10/10/2012 10:17:45 PM)

Anyone else watching or is it just me? [:)] I have cocktails and munchies! [sm=893Sunny-thumb.gif][sm=893Sunny-thumb.gif]

Only 'reality' show I watch religiously (as well as Dancing on Ice), this years line up is really good, there's a fair few celebs who could go far this year.

Stand outs for me so far - Louis Smith (and not just for obvious reasons *cough* [:)]), Colin Salmond, Sid Owen (surprisingly), Denise van Outen was very good (I don't mind she's done dancing before, she's not done ballroom), Lisa Riley was surprisingly good, and Jerry Hall is just fab-u-lous!!!

I like Darcy as the new judge too, yah?, at least she has constructive points to make, yah?, and doesn't just resort to Alesha's "you owned that floor, you was great", yah?, or Arlene's embarrassing "you sizzled like a sausage" yah? The particular speech tics she has may grow tiring quickly though.

Wish they could have persuaded Brucie to retire this year, he's too old and past it, the man's going to stroke out on live TV and no one needs to see that.

kumar -> RE: Strictly Come Dancing 2012 (11/10/2012 7:06:21 AM)

Personally i think the show is pretty classy entertainment but its pretty stale now. I caught bits of last season and i was a bit irritated by the judges who were acting outlandish and childish at times. I like the band very much and the women even more, but im not watching this time around.

matty_b -> RE: Strictly Come Dancing 2012 (11/10/2012 8:02:13 AM)

I don't mind admitting I watch this - it overdoes the sob stories and self-congratulation at times, but I think there's a genuine lack of the horrible, soul-curdling, eye-stabbing cynicism that infests the likes of the X Factor.

And I think the talent needed to put together and master a dance routine is genuinely impressive.  Have only caught bits and pieces of it so far this year, however.

DancingClown -> RE: Strictly Come Dancing 2012 (11/10/2012 9:44:04 AM)

My wife used to watch this but now she refuses as a protest against Claudia Winkleman not doing It Takes Two anymore. I might still tune in occasionally just in case Kimberley Walsh's bum falls out.

MrsFinkelstein -> RE: Strictly Come Dancing 2012 (11/10/2012 9:37:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

My wife used to watch this but now she refuses as a protest against Claudia Winkleman not doing It Takes Two anymore. I might still tune in occasionally just in case Kimberley Walsh's bum falls out.

Well, yeah, It Takes Two just isn't quite the same since Claudia left, though Zoe Ball isn't as screechingly irritating as I had thought she would be. Still watchable though.

Personally, I'm hoping for Pasha's bottom to fall out, but to each their own.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI