Killer Joe (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings

filmfan90 -> Killer Joe (9/10/2012 2:57:51 PM)

Hi all!

Anyone looking forward to seeing Killer Joe? It's a new film by William Friedkin (The Exorcist ) and stars Matthew McConaughey as a tough as nails badass Southern hitman. The trailer looks amazing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxpvzmvFHTM

Has anyone had the chance to see this? I've already pre-ordered it! :P

SwozTheRevenge -> RE: Killer Joe (9/10/2012 3:18:52 PM)

[image]http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/928653/80871558.gif[/image]

Kumadori -> RE: Killer Joe (10/10/2012 11:02:46 AM)

Yes, really looking forward to seeing this again! Have pre-ordered my Blu-Ray.

This film blew me away from start to finish, I loved the theme, the setting, the intensity and (perhaps most of all) the casting - couldn't have been better if you ask me.
I think one of its greatest strengths is the how it's able to pull the emotions involved all about the place. How I personally felt for some characters by the end of the film is never what I expected.

ElephantBoy -> RE: Killer Joe (10/10/2012 3:55:46 PM)

It was mostly a powerful, stylish film which I think was let down by a misguarded final act.  I felt the ending was explotive and tried to encounrge the audience to laugh.

filmfan90 -> RE: Killer Joe (30/10/2012 3:54:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ElephantBoy

It was mostly a powerful, stylish film which I think was let down by a misguarded final act.  I felt the ending was explotive and tried to encounrge the audience to laugh.

I couldn't agree with you more ElephantBoy...well for the first half :p I thought the ending was brilliant and really quite shocking - especially with the chicken and the way it just ends suddenly. I really enjoyed this film and can't wait for ma DVD of it! Hurry up Monday!

Kumadori -> RE: Killer Joe (31/10/2012 9:50:09 AM)

It's this Monday it comes out?! Nice :) Got my pre-order in a while ago but blimey time has gone by quickly. Looking forward to rewatching it - has been quite a while since a I saw it.

elab49 -> RE: Killer Joe (31/10/2012 11:05:15 AM)

Reviews and discussion of films go in the sub-forums for reviews or discussions of the film (existing threads normally [:)])

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI