between what ages can you claim a teen movie as yours? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings

giggity -> between what ages can you claim a teen movie as yours? (6/10/2012 8:42:37 PM)

I was wondering from what age can you start claiming a teen film belongs to your generation. E.g. The breakfast Club is a good film but it doesn't belong to my generation because it was released before I was born. Whereas something like Superbad was released when I was 18 so it totally belongs to my generation. One i'm unsure of is American Pie, which was released when I was 10 so it's kind of borderline.

So what age range do you think you can claim teen films as yours and list which films were 'yours' as a teen.

Shifty Bench -> RE: between what ages can you claim a teen movie as yours? (6/10/2012 8:54:44 PM)

Well, I don't think it matters if you were a teen or not if the film was made in your lifetime and you saw it as a teen you can claim it.

Although, I was just a teen when Say Anything and Heathers were released, so I'm claiming them [:D]

giggity -> RE: between what ages can you claim a teen movie as yours? (6/10/2012 9:04:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

Well, I don't think it matters if you were a teen or not if the film was made in your lifetime and you saw it as a teen you can claim it.

Although, I was just a teen when Say Anything and Heathers were released, so I'm claiming them [:D]

I just meant in a way that the culture and fashion and stuff in the film is reflective of the time you spent as a teen.

Shifty Bench -> RE: between what ages can you claim a teen movie as yours? (6/10/2012 9:18:40 PM)

Well, in that case, I can't think of any film that is reflective of my life as a teen in the 90s. I didn't listen to bands like 3 Doors Down and my high school life in a small town in Scotland was completely different to those in US teen movies. [:D]

giggity -> RE: between what ages can you claim a teen movie as yours? (6/10/2012 9:26:23 PM)

haha fair do's. I think my teen movie generation ranges from 1999 which had the big Teen movie resurgence with American Pie and 10 Things I hate about you and all of those other related films along with teen horrors like Idle Hands. Then it died down a bit but came back in 2008/2009 with films like Sex Drive and Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist. I'm also claiming Adventureland and Scott Pilgrim Vs The World, they weren't actually teen movies but films about being in your early twenties which came out when I was 20/21. I think my generation got a pretty decent haul [:)]

rich -> RE: between what ages can you claim a teen movie as yours? (7/10/2012 1:02:01 PM)

I don't think we ever went to see any actual teen movies when I was that age, we were more interested in the likes of The Mummy and The World is Not Enough.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI