Best Possible Taste (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen

great_badir -> Best Possible Taste (5/10/2012 6:59:25 PM)

Anyone see this Kenny Everett bio-drama on BBC4?

I have to say, as a huge fan of Kenny the DJ and comedian, I thought it was appalling. The guy portraying Kenny played it (or was directed) WAY too camp (there is a famous quote from Kenny shortly after coming out, and which was slightly referenced in the program, when asked why he was attracted to straight men more than he was gay men and his response was something along the lines of "gay men are all petticoats and pink, I'm more jumpers, loose jeans and trainers" [paraphrasing]), and turned him into a caricature of himself, which would have fit absolutely fine in the similarly toned and styled Python doc about the making of Life of Brian, but stuck out in something purporting to be a (mostly) serious drama. The actress playing Lee Everett was the best and only really good thing in it.

On the other hand, it was great to see some Kenny Everett Show sketches again, especially some rarely repeated ones from the old Video Show. And, of course, your favourite and mine - Reg Prescott (even if they did cut the shot of the power saw going through his fingers). I'd almost forgotten how good those shows were.

MrsFinkelstein -> RE: Best Possible Taste (5/10/2012 11:14:24 PM)

Damn forgot it! Need to iPlayer it now.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI