RE: Jessie J most annoying woman in music ever? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Audiophile

sanchia -> RE: Jessie J most annoying woman in music ever? (6/10/2012 12:17:42 PM)

When did bling become swag?

Rhubarb -> RE: Jessie J most annoying woman in music ever? (6/10/2012 12:49:27 PM)

I don't think I can give an exact date.

scarface666brooksy!! -> RE: Jessie J most annoying woman in music ever? (6/10/2012 12:52:17 PM)

I've got no real problem when musicians say they have "swag", but when 13-18 year olds who wear basketball jerseys, snapback caps and wear "trendy" shoes and endlessly talk about their swag or caption their Facebook photos with the word swag, I have a big problem. I also have a big problem with people who say "YOLO". Fuck those people into a chasm.

vad3r -> RE: Jessie J most annoying woman in music ever? (6/10/2012 3:54:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rhubarb

Who do you think is the most annoying person in music?

Bieber, Bjork, Rhianna, Florence Welch, Lady Gaga, 50 Cent.

Olaf -> RE: Jessie J most annoying woman in music ever? (6/10/2012 4:08:36 PM)

Official world rankings for 'quirky' female solo pop singers -

Kate Bush > Tori Amos > Bjork > Bat For Lashes > Taylor Swift > Alanis Morissette > Lady Gaga > Florence and the Machine > > > Pink > > > > > > > > > > > > > Jessie J

vad3r -> RE: Jessie J most annoying woman in music ever? (6/10/2012 4:16:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Olaf

Katy Perry > Kate Bush > Tori Amos > Bjork > Bat For Lashes > Taylor Swift > Alanis Morissette > Lady Gaga > Florence and the Machine > > > Pink > > > > > > > > > > > > > Jessie J > Bieber

Edited for the most up-to-date version.

paul_ie86 -> RE: Jessie J most annoying woman in music ever? (6/10/2012 4:31:20 PM)

quote:

Rita Ora seems alright as well. I like a few of the songs she's done (the Borders lyric from Tinie Tempah in R.I.P is every shade of amazing) and she seems pretty down to earth.

She's as fit as a fiddle!

paul_ie86 -> RE: Jessie J most annoying woman in music ever? (6/10/2012 4:34:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Olaf

Kate Bush > Tori Amos > Bjork > Bat For Lashes > Taylor Swift > Alanis Morissette > Lady Gaga > Florence and the Machine > > > Pink > > > > > > > > > > > > > Jessie J

Is that a table in relation to music or quirkiness?

MonsterCat -> RE: Jessie J most annoying woman in music ever? (7/10/2012 12:42:13 AM)

I have some issues with the lyrics of Price Tag. I've probably mentioned this a dozen times before, which makes this post utterly pointless.

I am a failure as a man and as a member of Empire.

scarface666brooksy!! -> RE: Jessie J most annoying woman in music ever? (7/10/2012 7:21:08 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

I have some issues with the lyrics of Price Tag. I've probably mentioned this a dozen times before, which makes this post utterly pointless.

I am a failure as a man and as a member of Empire.

[image]http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/24916567.jpg[/image]

Don't take that sarcastically, I'm actually interested

and off-topic I know, but vad3r I find your av really disturbing and I'm not quite sure why.

sanchia -> RE: Jessie J most annoying woman in music ever? (7/10/2012 11:20:56 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: scarface666brooksy!!

and off-topic I know, but vad3r I find your av really disturbing and I'm not quite sure why.

Because subconsciously you find yourself a little turned on when you watch it?

The thing I don't understand is how she became a judge on The Voice following one album (admittedly she deserved it more than that Danny Irish chap) but surely you need more than one album to show you have what it takes? The many rumours of extreme diva activities behind the scenes is also not very flattering.

Rhubarb -> RE: Jessie J most annoying woman in music ever? (7/10/2012 12:16:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

quote:

The thing I don't understand is how she became a judge on The Voice following one album (admittedly she deserved it more than that Danny Irish chap) but surely you need more than one album to show you have what it takes? The many rumours of extreme diva activities behind the scenes is also not very
flattering.

She was basically perfect for the Voice in that she was a) avaliable, b) willing, c) recognisable to the public due to a recent sales push, d) has got a voice e) is different from the other judges (ie she's a woman).

MonsterCat -> RE: Jessie J most annoying woman in music ever? (7/10/2012 12:52:37 PM)

quote:

[:D]

Fine. In the lyrics for the song Jessie claims that she's not making music for the "money, money, money" and she just wants to spread happiness and "make the world dance". Indeed, she implores us to "forget about the price tag". Which is kinda hard to do if you're buying her music.

Well, if she's not interested in our money then why is she signed up to a major label that has the monetary resources to give her a huge marketing and radio play push? Why isn't she just giving her music away on Bandcamp?

Rhubarb -> RE: Jessie J most annoying woman in music ever? (7/10/2012 12:58:05 PM)

Someone's got to pay for all that autotune, bruv

scarface666brooksy!! -> RE: Jessie J most annoying woman in music ever? (7/10/2012 1:05:27 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

quote:

.... possibly.

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

quote:

[:D]

Fine. In the lyrics for the song Jessie claims that she's not making music for the "money, money, money" and she just wants to spread happiness and "make the world dance". Indeed, she implores us to "forget about the price tag". Which is kinda hard to do if your buying her music.

Well, if she's not interested in our money then why is she signed up to a major label that has the monetary resources to give her a huge marketing and radio play push? Why isn't she just giving her music away on Bandcamp?

That's a fair point in essence, but I checked the wiki page for Price Tag and it was written by four people including Jessie J. One of those people is Dr. Luke who has written and produced songs for heaps and heaps of famous pop-stars including many of the people who have been featured on this thread and vad3r's breast-feeding pop starlet of the moment Ms. Perry. Now Jessie could have written that bullshit about forgetting price tags and making the world dance, or Dr. Luke could have, all that matters is they probably believe about 2% of what they write.

MonsterCat -> RE: Jessie J most annoying woman in music ever? (7/10/2012 1:17:34 PM)

Yes, that's a fair point, but at the end of the day she sang the thing. If she has at least one cell of humility in her body she could have turned around and said: "Um, these lyrics seem a tad disingenuous".

scarface666brooksy!! -> RE: Jessie J most annoying woman in music ever? (7/10/2012 1:25:23 PM)

You'd hope/think so but sadly no. I'm not trying to say Jessie J is mindless dumb pop music but at the end of the day I sort of get that creeping feeling. I'll be honest I've never listened closely to one her songs and tried to decipher the lyrics, and I've never heard anything else but her primary singles, so she could have a B-Side about the daily lives of Tibetan monks and I'll never fucking hear it. But the songs I have heard are as shallow as I'd expect from a modern pop single.

Larry of Arabia -> RE: Jessie J most annoying woman in music ever? (7/10/2012 1:41:54 PM)

I don't think it always matters if pop stars can relate to what they're singing about if it's what their audience want to hear. Pop stars are entertainers after all and some of them will take entertaining an audience and channeling the audience's feelings over expressing their own attitude any day of the week. Especially if it's broad, inoffensive ideas that anyone can get behind like the "all you need is love" stuff from Price Tag.

Rhubarb -> RE: Jessie J most annoying woman in music ever? (7/10/2012 1:53:19 PM)

Well, yeah. I love Material Girl, but it expresses a fairly offensive sentiment and one that Madonna has moaned a bit about in the past. Besides, there is a difference between it not being "All about the money" and not wanting to be paid, really. Like John Lennon saying "Imagine no possessions", doesn't become illegitimate because he had that nice house and that white Piano. (I just compared Lennon to Jessie J, yeah)

borstal -> RE: Jessie J most annoying woman in music ever? (13/11/2012 8:02:24 AM)

PJ Harvey would shit on these chicks. No there isn't a video doing the rounds, I checked.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: Jessie J most annoying woman in music ever? (13/11/2012 10:40:03 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: borstal

PJ Harvey would shit on these chicks. No there isn't a video doing the rounds, I checked.

In a good way,right?
I like ol'Polly.[:D]

Russ Whitfield -> RE: Jessie J most annoying woman in music ever? (13/11/2012 2:25:24 PM)

quote:

Well, yeah. I love Material Girl, but it expresses a fairly offensive sentiment and one that Madonna has moaned a bit about in the past. Besides, there is a difference between it not being "All about the money" and not wanting to be paid, really. Like John Lennon saying "Imagine no possessions", doesn't become illegitimate because he had that nice house and that white Piano. (I just compared Lennon to Jessie J, yeah)

I was going to, but I've only just seen this thread.

And I agree with you, Rhubarb.

scarface666brooksy!! -> RE: Jessie J most annoying woman in music ever? (14/11/2012 12:28:37 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: borstal

PJ Harvey > Fiona Apple > Most other female singer-songwriters.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI