State Supreme Court Tosses Sex Assault Conviction (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics

Shifty Bench -> State Supreme Court Tosses Sex Assault Conviction (4/10/2012 12:49:40 AM)

Well, this made me ill. A guy rapes a severely handicapped woman who has the mentality of a 3-year old but judges overturn his conviction because 'there was no evidence she could not communicate her refusal to have sex' ..........

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/State-Supreme-Court-Tosses-Sex-Assault-Conviction-172269281.html

The fuck......?

boaby -> RE: State Supreme Court Tosses Sex Assault Conviction (4/10/2012 6:49:32 AM)

Good grief.

So are the court saying that consent is assumed unless explicitly not given? Even if that act to which one is expected to "withdraw" (bizarre notion for which I struggle to find a word) one's consent to partake in is beyond one's comprehension? Do these judges think a human with the mentality of a 3 year old knows wtf is going on in such a situation?

What idiot Governor(s) appointed such judges?

That's the most disgusting thing I've read in ages.

Harley Quinn -> RE: State Supreme Court Tosses Sex Assault Conviction (4/10/2012 7:23:35 PM)

I saw this last night and it made my blood pressure rocket. It's horrific and beyond wrong.

sanchia -> RE: State Supreme Court Tosses Sex Assault Conviction (4/10/2012 8:30:48 PM)

It is a pretty obscene thing to do, essentially does this mean that incapability to consent is consent? I get the feeling that this opens a floodgate of dangerous actions such as people in comas etc.

I really hope the Supreme Court overrules this state decision as it is a hideous ruling.

superdan -> RE: State Supreme Court Tosses Sex Assault Conviction (4/10/2012 9:24:30 PM)

Loathsome. Sometimes I think the world is closer to barbarism than civilisation.

donethinking -> RE: State Supreme Court Tosses Sex Assault Conviction (4/10/2012 9:30:49 PM)

If you ever needed anymore proof that the world is already completely fucked up.....there it is.[8|]

MrsFinkelstein -> RE: State Supreme Court Tosses Sex Assault Conviction (5/10/2012 9:52:45 AM)

So this means that if you get raped and you don't bite and kick and fight then you consented? And that it's OK to rape 3 year olds?

If ever a case needs referred up past State level I'd say this is it. Disgusting.

Phil884 -> RE: State Supreme Court Tosses Sex Assault Conviction (5/10/2012 12:27:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MrsFinkelstein

So this means that if you get raped and you don't bite and kick and fight then you consented? And that it's OK to rape 3 year olds?
If ever a case needs referred up past State level I'd say this is it. Disgusting.

No, because that would be statutory rape given the victim's age. However, for those over the age of consent, then seemingly, it's hunky dory if their mental age is that of a 3 year old.

Sometimes I feel like we live in a Kafkaesque absurdity of an existence.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI