Hunted BBC (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen

Scruffybobby -> Hunted BBC (3/10/2012 8:18:56 PM)

Quite like the look of this show. Could be a lot of fun. It's got a good pedigree coming from Kudos and X Files writer Frank Spotnitz, Plus it stars the rather lovely Melissa George

[image]http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2012/9/26/1348673100117/Melissa-George-001.jpg[/image]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00vndpl

It's on at the same time as the new Red Dwarf  though so will have to record one and watch the other. Think I'll probably watch this and tape RD

jcthefirst -> RE: Hunted BBC (4/10/2012 12:07:36 PM)

Yeah, quite looking forward to this. Looks promising from the trailers.

The Hooded Man -> RE: Hunted BBC (4/10/2012 12:43:26 PM)

When does it air?

jcthefirst -> RE: Hunted BBC (4/10/2012 12:44:57 PM)

Tonight at 9, BBC1.

The Hooded Man -> RE: Hunted BBC (4/10/2012 12:46:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

Tonight at 9, BBC1.

Excellent!

Captain Black -> RE: Hunted BBC (4/10/2012 10:19:40 PM)

Liked it quite a bit. Bit artsier than I was expecting, thought the bits without the talking were better than those with it.

Scruffybobby -> RE: Hunted BBC (4/10/2012 11:10:15 PM)

A good start. I liked the whole "jogging montage" bit and there was some decent action in there. The stuff with the kid could get a bit soapy which might not be so great but I'll certainly watch again next week.

ElephantBoy -> RE: Hunted BBC (4/10/2012 11:47:44 PM)

Will have to give it a look on the i-player.  George was excellent in the underated Trangle.

Spectre -> RE: Hunted BBC (5/10/2012 12:01:46 PM)

I quite enjoyed the first episode. I was surprised that the BBC would be prepared to show the bit with the eye.

Hobbitonlass -> RE: Hunted BBC (5/10/2012 1:14:11 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spectre

I quite enjoyed the first episode. I was surprised that the BBC would be prepared to show the bit with the eye.

I thought that! 

Enjoyed it and will stick with it [:)]

Captain Black -> RE: Hunted BBC (5/10/2012 8:42:00 PM)

I turned away at that point.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scruffybobby

A good start. I liked the whole "jogging montage" bit and there was some decent action in there.

Firs thing to spring to mind? Rocky IV. Cue Vince DiCola's synth-tastic soundtrack. [:D]

jobloffski -> RE: Hunted BBC (5/10/2012 10:30:52 PM)

quote:

It's by the makers of Spooks. Merely a remix of the 'head first into the deep fat frier' principle to create a shock moment very early on to get people talking?

buffster28 -> RE: Hunted BBC (6/10/2012 3:53:43 PM)

yeah really enjoyed the first ep - great to see melissa george in another kick ass role.

Spectre -> RE: Hunted BBC (6/10/2012 6:05:45 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jobloffski

quote:

It's by the makers of Spooks. Merely a remix of the 'head first into the deep fat frier' principle to create a shock moment very early on to get people talking?

Ah yeah, I remember that.

There's just something about eyes that makes it worse though...

jobloffski -> RE: Hunted BBC (6/10/2012 9:52:51 PM)

I'm a little disappointed with the show really. The boss talks and sounds like Harry From Spooks, the exposition scenes are just like Spooks, there's very little about the basis of the series that couldn't have been in Spooks as one of the running storylines. I know it's a show by the people who made Spooks, but the only real difference seems to be a single main protagonist rather than ensemble cast weekly show formula of Spooks.

I liked the 'kid oblivious to the chaos cos he's listening to music on headphones' thing, but unfortunatley I liked it in Face Off, and since I remember offbeat things that impress me, it really irks me to see them again, stolen absolutely wholesale in something else. The moment the sound cut to the boy listening to something, it was obvious something was going to happen. I hoped it wouldn't be the Face Off thing, but then it was.

Might give it a few more eps but for now it's so much like spooks, with a slightly more movie like direction style it's almost ludicrous that that show was cancelled at all. And pretty lazy of a team behind one show to just create a slightly differently nuanced version of the same thing. Bit more flash direction-wise, dressed up as gritty. Jane Blonde.

And re the eye thing, that just seems a deliberate 'wont people think this is icky' tv moment, cos who the hell would choose to inject poison into the eye?

spark1 -> RE: Hunted BBC (9/10/2012 12:54:27 PM)

its fine as a substitute for dear old 'spooks'.

but 'homeland' has raised the bar on this kind of show.

bobatim -> RE: Hunted BBC (10/10/2012 1:54:58 PM)

Finally got around to watching this last night. I really enjoyed it, nowhere the high standard of Spooks but I can see this going from strength to strength, I have to say the storyline that is intriguing me the most, is who the mole is and how is it connected to the two fellas in the team who blatantly hate each other.

Captain Black -> RE: Hunted BBC (19/10/2012 6:49:15 PM)

By rights, I shouldn't like this show. It's got far too many implausibilities and trying-too-hard elements (like the fight scenes), the supporting cast are completely uninteresting and, at this stage, the plot's waaaay too convoluted (or indistinct) to get invested in. But maybe it's because it so serious and po-faced, and odd flash of creativity, or that MI6 is represented by an old chap called George who works in a dull grey room with only a filing cabinet, that I'm quite interested in watching the whole thing. [:D]

Scruffybobby -> RE: Hunted BBC (19/10/2012 9:09:24 PM)

Still enjoying this. There was some quality violence last night - girl can wield a fire extinguisher. It is totally implausible though.and I'm really not sure if we're actually meant to be on Sam's side or not.It does look as though the whole dam plotline is going to come to a head next week.

Scruffybobby -> RE: Hunted BBC (24/10/2012 9:44:28 PM)

Not really any way to bring this subject without sounding pervy but apparently the US airing of this on Cinemax has footage of Ms George that isn't in the UK version.  Nudey footage.

What's the deal with that?

Shifty Bench -> RE: Hunted BBC (24/10/2012 10:08:34 PM)

It's the only way it can be shown in Cinemax. They co-financed it but they just have to have boobies in it, it's how they get viewers.

Just watch The Slap, she gets them out in that. Just ignore the fact that the first time she does is when she is breastfeeding. [:D]

Scruffybobby -> RE: Hunted BBC (24/10/2012 10:43:47 PM)

I've see The Slap - the  kid is waaay to old to be doing that.[8|]

I've always got my Dark City DVD though.  Maybe the DVD/Blu release of this will have the "girls" on it.

Shifty Bench -> RE: Hunted BBC (24/10/2012 10:47:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scruffybobby

I've see The Slap - the  kid is waaay to old to be doing that.[8|]

Indeed [:'(]

quote:

Maybe the DVD/Blu release of this will have the "girls" on it.

Ach, the scenes will be up online soon enough [:D]

Scruffybobby -> RE: Hunted BBC (24/10/2012 10:49:02 PM)

They already are [;)]

Shifty Bench -> RE: Hunted BBC (24/10/2012 10:52:25 PM)

I know [:D]

Scruffybobby -> RE: Hunted BBC (26/10/2012 8:36:35 AM)

SPOILERS

Oooh it's all kicking off now what with Turner blowing up London to make a bit of cash and things looking very bad for Sam. It's a nice touch not having her appear in the "next week" bit even if it is just to get us guessing.

Seems like the needle assassin bloke has his own agenda - probably linked to whatever "hourglass" is. If it goes back to the 70's I'm assuming it has something to do with Sam's birth. Eagerly awaiting next week.

Captain Black -> RE: Hunted BBC (26/10/2012 5:35:29 PM)

First time I'd noticed (or at least paid attention to) the hourglass in the opening credits.

It's still stupid at times but it's got the form of a really good show so it manages to carry off some of the worst elements, and it does seem to be bringing the storylines together quite nicely. Nice cars too.

Scruffybobby -> RE: Hunted BBC (27/10/2012 3:38:14 PM)

Watching again it does seem a bit weird that in previous episodes Sam is able to kick seven bells out of several guys twice her size yet one not particularly big bloke was able to pin her down easily with one hand whilst using the other one to work his syringe.

Spectre -> RE: Hunted BBC (27/10/2012 6:40:42 PM)

Maybe she was a bit tired.[:D]

buffster28 -> RE: Hunted BBC (29/10/2012 5:57:49 PM)

still enjoying this its really picked up. it's obviously gonna link to her past somehow esp as they keep showing that flashback of her mothers murder and her kidnapping.

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI