RE: My Top 50 Favourite Horror Films (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Lists and Top 10s

matty_b -> RE: My Top 50 Favourite Horror Films (8/10/2012 7:52:37 AM)

Jaws - amazing

Hour of the Wolf - decent

Invasion of the Bodysnatchers - very good, but prefer the '70s version.

The Haunting - brilliant

The Innocents - one of the most terrifying films I've ever seen

Sleepy Hollow - ghoulish fun

Rebel scum -> RE: My Top 50 Favourite Horror Films (8/10/2012 7:52:39 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: siegfried

Can't please everybody. Sorry about that, but I hope there's still some that you'll like among the ones that are still to come.

It's alright, no need to apologise [:)].

Jaws is obviously a masterpiece
Hour of the Wolf had great bits, but didn't impress me as a whole
Invasion of the Body Snatchers is really good, with an amazing ending
Dead of Night is hit and miss, but Hugo and the painting story are classics
The Haunting and The Innocents are two of cinema's best ghost stories
Repulsion is rubbish [:D]. I really didn't care for it
Sleepy Hollow is Burton's last great movie.

siegfried -> RE: My Top 50 Favourite Horror Films (8/10/2012 11:06:46 PM)

10 - 1

10. Shaun Of The Dead (2004) Dir: Edgar Wright (Simon Pegg, Kate Ashfield, Nick Frost, Lucy Davis, Dylan Moran, Bill Nighy)

9. The Orphanage (2007) Dir: Juan Antonio Bayona (Belen Rueda, Fernando Cayo, Roger Princep, Mabel Rivera)

8. The Woman In Black (2012) Dir: James Watkins (Daniel Radcliffe, Janet McTeer, Ciaran Hinds, Mary Stockley)

7. The Cat People (1942) Dir: Jacques Tourneur (Simone Simon, Kent Smith, Tom Conway, Jane Randolph)

6. Carrie (1976) Dir: Brian De Palma (Sissy Spacek, Piper Laurie, Amy Irving, William Katt, John Travolta)

5. Eyes Without A Face (1960) Dir: Georges Franju (Pierre Brasseur, Alida Valli, Juliette Mayniel, Edith Scob)

4. Rosemary's Baby (1968) Dir: Roman Polanski (Mia Farrow, John Cassavetes, Ruth Gordon, Sidney Blackmer, Maurice Evans)

3. Les Diaboliques (1955) Dir: Henri-Georges Clouzot (Simone Signoret, Vera Clouzot, Paul Meurisse, Charles Vanel)

2. Pan's Labyrinth (2006) Dir: Guillermo Del Toro (Ivana Baquero, Sergi Lopez, Maribel Verdu, Doug Jones)

1. Kwaidan (1964) Dir: Masaki Kobayashi (Rentaro Mikuni, Michiyo Aratama, Tatsuya Nakadai, Keiko Kishi, Takashi Shimura)

MonsterCat -> RE: My Top 50 Favourite Horror Films (8/10/2012 11:13:51 PM)

The Woman in Black - I haven't seen this, but I believe Rawlinson is a fan.

The Haunting - a really good and scary flick

The Hour of the Wolf - One of the worst noms in last year's Halloween HOF. Ponderous and boring.

MovieAddict247 -> RE: My Top 50 Favourite Horror Films (9/10/2012 1:37:47 AM)

quote:

8. The Woman In Black (2012) Dir: James Watkins (Daniel Radcliffe, Janet McTeer, Ciaran Hinds, Mary Stockley)

Oh, Rawlinson....

Great choice with Pan's Labyrinth there - one of the most haunting films of recent years.

scarface666brooksy!! -> RE: My Top 50 Favourite Horror Films (9/10/2012 2:14:48 AM)

I'm tempted to just sit here and refresh the page until Rawls shows up [:D]

Shaun Of The Dead and Pan's Labyrinth are both excellent. I haven't seen Carrie in years and I can't remember how I feel about it. And goddamn it all to hell, I hate seeing films on my massive To-Watch list in Top 10's [>:] Les Diaboliques, Rosemary's Baby and The Orphanage have been on it for quite awhile now!

siegfried -> RE: My Top 50 Favourite Horror Films (9/10/2012 3:31:06 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: scarface666brooksy!!

Shaun Of The Dead and Pan's Labyrinth are both excellent. I haven't seen Carrie in years and I can't remember how I feel about it. And goddamn it all to hell, I hate seeing films on my massive To-Watch list in Top 10's [>:] Les Diaboliques, Rosemary's Baby and The Orphanage have been on it for quite awhile now!

Well it's about bloody time you got around to them, then, isn't it?

scarface666brooksy!! -> RE: My Top 50 Favourite Horror Films (9/10/2012 3:58:27 AM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: scarface666brooksy!!

Well it's about bloody time you got around to them, then, isn't it?

Agreed [:D] Great list by the way, many I haven't seen that will be added to my aforementioned list.

Whistler -> RE: My Top 50 Favourite Horror Films (9/10/2012 4:51:49 AM)

Good top 20, but I notice a distinct lack of films that include little girls throwing up over people...[;)] There are a few I haven't seen, but Jaws, Sleepy Hollow, Shaun Of The Dead, The Orphanage, The Woman In Black, Carrie and Pan's Labyrinth are all excellent, and The Haunting is bloody amazing. Never even heard of Kwaidan but I'm itching to check it out.

Gimli The Dwarf -> RE: My Top 50 Favourite Horror Films (9/10/2012 6:18:36 AM)

Eyes Without A Face and The Orphanage are my two favourites from the top 10. Both brilliant. Need to see Kwaiden, Les Diaboliques and The Cat People.

matty_b -> RE: My Top 50 Favourite Horror Films (9/10/2012 7:51:09 AM)

Shaun of the Dead - brilliant.

The Orphanage - as heartbreaking as it is scary - i.e. very.

The Woman in Black - yeah, rawlinson...[:D]

Carrie - superb. Remake could be interesting.

Rosemary's Baby - Polanski's best.

Les Diaboliques - excellent.

Pan's Labyrinth - great.

Rebel scum -> RE: My Top 50 Favourite Horror Films (9/10/2012 8:45:16 AM)

Shaun of the Dead is great
The Orphanage is a brilliant, brilliant film
The Woman in Black...wonder when Rawls'll sees this
Cat People was great till the conclusion spelt out everything
Carrie was a good film, but I found it a really tough watch
Rosemary's Baby is much, MUCH better than Repulsion
Les Diaboliques is great
Pan's Labyrinth is amazing, never thought of it as a horror film beyond the Pale Man section

rawlinson -> RE: My Top 50 Favourite Horror Films (9/10/2012 10:33:29 AM)

Has my hatred for that shitty shitty shitty shitty shitty film become that well known?

Gimli The Dwarf -> RE: My Top 50 Favourite Horror Films (9/10/2012 10:35:50 AM)

I don't think so. Tell us how you really feel about it.

rawlinson -> RE: My Top 50 Favourite Horror Films (9/10/2012 10:37:24 AM)

[:D] I just picture you standing there with a giant key trying to slot it in my back.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI