Borderlands 2 ! DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD ! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad

Happy Shrapnel -> Borderlands 2 ! DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD ! (2/10/2012 4:29:14 PM)

This game is superb !

CARRY ON !!!!!!

sharkboy -> RE: Borderlands 2 ! DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD ! (3/10/2012 9:35:15 AM)

No more or less than so many other games I'm afraid.  So, no. [sm=mad45.gif][:)]

Happy Shrapnel -> RE: Borderlands 2 ! DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD ! (3/10/2012 10:04:54 AM)

Come on people lets feel the love !!!!

I'm currently on Level 16 and playing with Zero, I played the first Boarderlands to death, with two different characters and this is a vast improvement !!!!!
The guns are mouthwateringly gorgeous !!!!! I'm addicted !!!!!!

Harry Tuttle -> RE: Borderlands 2 ! DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD ! (3/10/2012 10:25:27 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Happy Shrapnel

Come on people lets feel the love !!!!

I'm currently on Level 16 and playing with Zero, I played the first Boarderlands to death, with two different characters and this is a vast improvement !!!!!
The guns are mouthwateringly gorgeous !!!!! I'm addicted !!!!!!

Yeah I'm currently level 15 playing with Axton (Commando). I don't think it's a huge improvement on the first but I would say pretty much everything is incrementally better which makes for a cracking game. My only real bugbear so far is unfortunately a rather big one considering the class I'm using. That is that the Assault Rifles are shit in the game. I've yet to come across a decent one as they're either too weak, have fucked accuracy, have no scope or a combination of the three. There are some cracking Gattling Guns but due to their 3 shot nature the accuracy is fucked and they go through your ammo too quickly. Also they aren't automatic so you have to keep hammering the mouse button. As a result I've had to change my playing style drastically compared to the first game, I now tend to use the Sniper rifle from long range and shotgun at short range which leaves me struggling at mid range (yet to find a decent SMG either). No doubt I'll come across a decent one soon but it's doing my head in a bit at the mo.

Happy Shrapnel -> RE: Borderlands 2 ! DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD ! (3/10/2012 10:50:39 AM)

Thats a shame mate, I played with Roland in the first one and the assult rifles were great.
Playing with Zero, I've picked up some great SMG's, one I picked up from an area with an electric fence around a tee pee, I picked it up around level 12 and I haven't let it go !!!!!
It seems to cut everything down to ribbons !!!!!

Harry Tuttle -> RE: Borderlands 2 ! DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD ! (3/10/2012 10:58:55 AM)

quote:

Thats a shame mate, I played with Roland in the first one and the assult rifles were great.
Playing with Zero, I've picked up some great SMG's, one I picked up from an area with an electric fence around a tee pee, I picked it up around level 12 and I haven't let it go !!!!!
It seems to cut everything down to ribbons !!!!!

I got a decent SMG at about level 9 but it stopped being useful a coupla levels back.

Thankfully I got an absolute monster of a shotgun using the gold key on the chest in Sanctuary. I think it's something like 107 x 19 with explosive damage. It's absolutely devastating, at point blank range I took out both a Badass Psycho and a Badass Nomad simultaneously with one shot. Booyaka. I do have to be fairly close for it to be of any use though which is a bit of a risk. My health and shield are pretty high but the Commando isn't built for tank duties.

Happy Shrapnel -> RE: Borderlands 2 ! DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD ! (3/10/2012 11:03:23 AM)

I don't play on line so the extras are a waste to me, the sniper rifles and some of the handguns are the dogs, loving the Western quick fire fanning technique !
And some of the new baddies are so funny ! The first time I snipped off the head of a Goliath and he got up, went bezerk and came at me, I shouted ' What the f@@ck !!!! '
[:D]

Happy Shrapnel -> RE: Borderlands 2 ! DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD ! (3/10/2012 11:11:53 AM)

To be honest the guns are not always better the higher levels you advance, I picked up a scoped assault rifle a few levels ago and I'm still using that !
I always remember that Orange are the most valuable weapons, apparently !

Harry Tuttle -> RE: Borderlands 2 ! DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD ! (3/10/2012 11:18:58 AM)

My beef with the Assault Rifles is that of all the ones I've come across the ones with a scope tend to have a rubbish rate of fire or minimal explosive damage which tends to use 2 bullets per shot. I don't want a gun that shoots so slowly that I can see the bullets travelling to their destination. The higher powered non elemental rifles always tend to come with no scope and the iron sight is atrocius.

Thankfully I still have my turret though which is the canines knackers [:D].

Happy Shrapnel -> RE: Borderlands 2 ! DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD ! (3/10/2012 11:27:00 AM)

The turret is a great asset, apparently you can stick it to walls and ceilings in this one !
Have you got that skill level yet ?

Jaded_Parrot -> RE: Borderlands 2 ! DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD ! (3/10/2012 11:49:35 AM)

quote:

I don't play on line so the extras are a waste to me, the sniper rifles and some of the handguns are the dogs, loving the Western quick fire fanning technique !
And some of the new baddies are so funny ! The first time I snipped off the head of a Goliath and he got up, went bezerk and came at me, I shouted ' What the f@@ck !!!! '

Theres an achievement for knocking his head off letting him go on a rampage till he's level 14 and then killing him. They are awesome ally's as well if you snipe them from a distance and let them go on a rampage then kill him think you get loads more xp as well as hes a higher level.

im also playing as zero and loving it

Happy Shrapnel -> RE: Borderlands 2 ! DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD ! (3/10/2012 11:53:08 AM)

There's also SUPER Goliaths.........they are frikkin huge !!!
[8D]

Scott_ -> RE: Borderlands 2 ! DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD ! (3/10/2012 2:38:36 PM)

I was a Commando, assault rifles get more awesome when you spec for weapon damage, get a Vladof or a Dahl and it's all good but my tactic was just to plonk the turret down and have it do all the work so I changed class due to boredom. Now running the Siren level 22 and it's awesome, also got a Gunserker on the go, the little fella makes me laugh when he shouts "ONE LINER!!!" while Gunzerking or "HAHA! I'M SLIGHTLY BETTER THAN BEFORE!!" when leveling up.

I don't think I've played a game this much fun since the first Borderlands, everything is done for shits and giggles. Nothing is taken seriously and I love it.

Happy Shrapnel -> RE: Borderlands 2 ! DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD ! (3/10/2012 3:04:12 PM)

It is such a fun, fun game ! And the graphics are gorgeous !
I was playing the other night and I stopped to answer a call without pausing.After a minute Zero suddenly said ' Why am I not moving ? Why can't I feel my arms and legs? Am I dead ? '
I did chuckle [:D]

Fluke Skywalker -> RE: Borderlands 2 ! DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD ! (3/10/2012 3:54:36 PM)

The first game was really enjoyable, the gun-looting aspect was great, I couldn't wait to open up the next weapon case I came across to see what popped out. The big let down was the complete non-story, no cut scenes and even the side quests were just text. Luckily the shooting/ looting aspects were so much fun.

If they've improved on those aspects I'll pick it up - hell judging by the reviews I'm definately going to pick it up at some point.

Happy Shrapnel -> RE: Borderlands 2 ! DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD ! (4/10/2012 10:44:23 AM)

Up till 1.30 playing this again !!!! ' Just one more mission, just one more mission....'
Some of them are bloody hard !

Harry Tuttle -> RE: Borderlands 2 ! DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD ! (4/10/2012 10:56:15 AM)

I was playing for quite a while last night as well, I only leveled up once though. At one point I had to unequip my shotgun to give the enemies a sporting chance as it was pretty much decimating groups of enemies in explosions of blood and gore [:D]. It's a ridiculous weapon and a bit of an anomaly as well as I've not come across anything remotely as powerful as it since and I received 3 or 4 levels back. My co-op partner has the same kind of situation with a sniper rifle he's using. It pretty much one shot kills everything (no head shot required) and is about 100 damage more powerful than any other sniper rifle we've come across.

A bit of a break tonight and then it's game on for Friday night.

Happy Shrapnel -> RE: Borderlands 2 ! DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD ! (4/10/2012 11:08:53 AM)

Got upto the Mordecai area last night, took me ages to work out how to use the slag guns......still don't know if I'm doing it right !!!!

Do I wait for them to go purple and then shoot them with a slag gun or shoot them with a slag gun so that they are purple and them shoot them with a normal gun......
DOH !

Jaded_Parrot -> RE: Borderlands 2 ! DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD ! (4/10/2012 11:28:27 AM)

quote:

Got upto the Mordecai area last night, took me ages to work out how to use the slag guns......still don't know if I'm doing it right !!!!

Do I wait for them to go purple and then shoot them with a slag gun or shoot them with a slag gun so that they are purple and them shoot them with a normal gun......
DOH !

Theres a mission with the arms guy in Sancuary that explains about that. If i remember correctly you shoot them with the slag gun and then change to a normal gun

Harry Tuttle -> RE: Borderlands 2 ! DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD ! (4/10/2012 11:37:27 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jaded_Parrot

quote:

DOH !

Theres a mission with the arms guy in Sancuary that explains about that. If i remember correctly you shoot them with the slag gun and then change to a normal gun

Yeah thats's right. You slag them up first then swap gun and voila, easier kills. My only assault rifle is a slag rifle, the damage isn't much but I like to slag them then run up to them and melee them in the face [:D].

Rhubarb -> RE: Borderlands 2 ! DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD ! (4/10/2012 11:47:13 AM)

Quite a slow start where it did feel a bit like just Borderlands 1.5 (not helped by me doing pretty much all of the sidequests) but it has stepped up and started delivering on its promise. Really enjoying it.

Happy Shrapnel -> RE: Borderlands 2 ! DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD ! (4/10/2012 11:53:28 AM)

I've got two slag pistols, a slag sniper rifle and slag grenades, I've also go this heavy duty handgun, strength about 150 with a clip of 30 that when you pull the trigger just empties into them.

Happy days !

sharkboy -> RE: Borderlands 2 ! DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD ! (4/10/2012 12:05:56 PM)

quote:

I've got two slag pistols, a slag sniper rifle and slag grenades, I've also go this heavy duty handgun, strength about 150 with a clip of 30 that when you pull the trigger just empties into them.

Happy days !

Are there really that many slags to shoot in the game? Danny Dyer would love it! [:D] 

I didn't really get on with the first game (being almost exclusively a non-multiplayer person) - loved the look and feel of the game but it just didn't gel with me for some reason.  Is the sequel worth taking a punt on as a stand-alone single player game?

Happy Shrapnel -> RE: Borderlands 2 ! DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD ! (4/10/2012 12:10:09 PM)

The only gripe I had with the first one, is that the graphics were a bit shakey at times, when aiming with a weapon such as a sniper rifle it was sometimes a hit and miss affair as to how accurate it really was. However, Borderlands 2 is crystal clear, the headshots are spot on!
I don't play online Sharkboy, but I am totaly immerised in this !!!!!
Its great fun and lots and lots of fun things to do, its got a real sense of mischief about it.

Rhubarb -> RE: Borderlands 2 ! DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD ! (4/10/2012 1:07:16 PM)

I've played both games co-op, a lot of the fun I get is comparing guns and loot with my flatmate and arguing over swag. I'm not sure how much it'd lose playing alone.

Harry Tuttle -> RE: Borderlands 2 ! DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD ! (4/10/2012 1:25:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rhubarb

I've played both games co-op, a lot of the fun I get is comparing guns and loot with my flatmate and arguing over swag.

Same here. I don't tend to play much multiplayer but I do like me some co-op action and Borderlands does it as well as any game I've ever played. I do like to go around previously visited areas by myself, testing out new weapons with a little killing spree of the most resilient blast-test dummies I can find, but all my main sessions are co-op, I couldn't really imagine playing it any other way.

sroey -> RE: Borderlands 2 ! DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD ! (10/10/2012 12:06:13 PM)

Well the Mechromancer class DLC is brilliant. Started again last night and Deathtrap is pretty handy in a rumble!

Only issue I can see is that it is quite easy when you have a co-op game full of the new class with 4 players and 4 Deathtraps running around! Still such a good game

Harry Tuttle -> RE: Borderlands 2 ! DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD ! (10/10/2012 1:23:38 PM)

I had a look at the skill tree for the Mechromancer and to be honest it didn't look at all inspiring. Too many of the skill boosts involved penalties elsewhere for my liking. Of course I'd have to actually play as her to actually form an opinion as to whether she's any good or not but based on the skill tree alone she's fifth choice for me at the moment.

Hooch0959 -> RE: Borderlands 2 ! DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD ! (10/10/2012 2:42:28 PM)

I picked this up last week and have had a little play with it, obviously its meant to be played co-op or perhaps best played as cop-op.

What's the crack with it, do you guys just drop into someone else's game that you know online or is it summat that you have to set up from the start from A-Z

Scott_ -> RE: Borderlands 2 ! DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD ! (10/10/2012 3:43:18 PM)

If anybody is the same level as me or on a mission I recognise then I'll just drop in. If you drop in with somebody further along in the story I don't think it'll overwrite your story progress like the first game did, it'll put you back to your save point and ask you if you want to skip those missions when you eventually reach 'em. I think...

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI