Seth MacFarlane Is Hosting The Oscars (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Seth MacFarlane Is Hosting The Oscars (1/10/2012 5:41:37 PM)

Post your comments on this article

maleachi -> Nothing to lose, have they? (1/10/2012 5:41:37 PM)

Considering the choices the Academy made in previous years (James and Anne, anyone?) I'm actually looking forward to this. But in a time, where Ricky Gervais had been tamed by the HFPA for the Globes as early as his second appearance as host, I honestly don't think MacFarlane has it in himself to give the Oscars the uproar, they need so desperately.

desibeo -> (1/10/2012 5:56:26 PM)

Smug now has two-syllables. Smuh ugh.

Madhava -> Great Choice!! (1/10/2012 6:15:34 PM)

Family Guy has been dubious for a long time now, but Seth McFarlane himself is always extremely entertaining whether as host on SNL, roastmaster on a Comedy Central Roast, or a guest on numerous talk shows. He's very consistently funny, a great singer, has endless pop culture knowledge and has a bit of an edge. I think he's definitely the man to un-bland the Oscars. Finally!

GGJ -> (1/10/2012 7:41:41 PM)

I think that if they're not getting Neil Patrick Harris, this is actually a perfect choice.
He's got an edgy sense of humour that will keep the ceremony interesting, plus that amazing singing voice so he can still do more classic stuff to please those who prefer that kind of styling.
In interviews he comes across as a very likeable person.

sagart -> (1/10/2012 7:56:07 PM)

Oh no, he'll be totally insufferable now. I just hope he'll be more Stewie than Ted.

UTB -> (1/10/2012 9:15:39 PM)

This is worse than that time we...

Ref -> RE: Seth MacFarlane Is Hosting The Oscars (1/10/2012 10:17:14 PM)

I cannot wait for this now. Love Family Guy and American Dad, so here's hoping for more of the same at the next Oscars.

And special mention goes to UTB [:D]

Whistler -> (2/10/2012 12:20:25 AM)

Good news to me. Love the guy's humour and he's got a great hosting voice. Should be fun!

maleachi -> Nothing to lose, have they? (3/10/2012 3:41:04 PM)

Considering the choices the Academy made in previous years (James and Anne, anyone?) I'm actually looking forward to this. But in a time, where Ricky Gervais had been tamed by the HFPA for the Globes as early as his second appearance as host, I honestly don't think MacFarlane has it in himself to give the Oscars the uproar, they need so desperately.

AnneSofieLoveMovies -> RE: Seth MacFarlane Is Hosting The Oscars (5/10/2012 7:33:35 PM)

I'm really looking forward to see if he can live up to my expectations.. I'm gonna watch the Oscar show in the largest cinema in denmark :).. yay :D

vad3r -> RE: Seth MacFarlane Is Hosting The Oscars (5/10/2012 7:41:02 PM)

Great news and not surprised. His bit in this years Emmys was the funniest and he did a great job of hosting SNL. I'm not a fan of his cartoons, but he is a funny guy with a great voice.

Shifty Bench -> RE: Seth MacFarlane Is Hosting The Oscars (5/10/2012 9:39:18 PM)

Not a fan of his animated shows but the guy is a good host and a great singer and I think he's a brilliant choice. The Oscars need someone that is charismatic and who can also contribute to the script and Seth fits that bill.

Wild about Wilder -> RE: Seth MacFarlane Is Hosting The Oscars (6/10/2012 10:13:51 AM)

It'll be sort of like when Huge Jackman did it except less dancing & more jokes though the singing will be the same.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
6.640625E-02