RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics

sharkboy -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (25/10/2012 1:18:32 PM)

Well, if Nicky Campbell is already privy to the identity then this person is definitely dead, as he was using that fact to try and cajole a name out of his guest this morning on the grounds that there could be no libel charge.  Thatcher's early 80s cabinet was also identified as the tie-in.

Timon -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (25/10/2012 1:24:01 PM)

I'm just watching the Panorama special and there were witnesses saying that 'famous people' and 'celebs' would come to Jimmy Saville's dressing room to essentially 'use' the young girls that were there. So could we see a floodgates of celebs being outed also, along the lines of Gary Glitter?

great_badir -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (25/10/2012 1:28:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon
I'm just watching the Panorama special and there were witnesses saying that 'famous people' and 'celebs' would come to Jimmy Saville's dressing room to essentially 'use' the young girls that were there. So could we see a floodgates of celebs being outed also, along the lines of Gary Glitter?

If all that turns out to be true and proven, then we are almost certainly looking at the biggest showbiz news story/scandal.......well, ever!

What I am dreading now (which I know is pathetic compared with what all of the victims have been through, but I'll say it anyway), is that loads of my childhood heroes will be outed as nonces. It's never happened yet (Chris Langham is the closest it's got, and he was found not guilty of that), but it's looking likely now...

Professor Moriarty -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (25/10/2012 1:31:15 PM)

Bad enough that Saville did what he did (if we take the many detailed allegations to be true). That there are others involved just saddens my heart, I can't for a second understand at all how anyone could want to take advantage of a child and the notion that it was people in positions of power and responsibility or celebrity just makes me feel nauseous. My knee-jerk is that I wish they would bring back hanging for paedophiles.

I think we all know the world has its problems, but some days it just seems completely and utterly fucked up.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (25/10/2012 1:53:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

Bad enough that Saville did what he did (if we take the many detailed allegations to be true). That there are others involved just saddens my heart, I can't for a second understand at all how anyone could want to take advantage of a child and the notion that it was people in positions of power and responsibility or celebrity just makes me feel nauseous. My knee-jerk is that I wish they would bring back hanging for paedophiles.

I think we all know the world has its problems, but some days it just seems completely and utterly fucked up.

The world is fine,its just what lives on it which is the problem.

Chief -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (25/10/2012 4:32:44 PM)

Why does the entertainment industry seem to be full of paedo's? I mean, do you have to be a creep first or does the industry warp you? Or is it a chicken/egg thing?

Also, is this just a UK thing or are the world's entertainers mostly nonces? Is it just 70's & 80's or was this going on in the 60's and 90's?

SO MANY QUESTIONS ABOUT ENTERTAINMENT NONCES THAT CAN'T BE GOOGLED!

Woger -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (25/10/2012 4:46:54 PM)

Another area is the whole groupie thing in the music industry, what's the likelyhood that some girls were underage?

Invader_Ace -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (25/10/2012 5:00:11 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Woger
Another area is the whole groupie thing in the music industry, what's the likelyhood that some girls were underage?

Literally 100% likely that some of the girls who ever were groupies were underage.

Shifty Bench -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (25/10/2012 5:15:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

I've been reading around the net (I am so bloody bored) that some people are so angry at the way the BBC have handled this they are cancelling their TV licence.

I don't pay the TV licence anyway (can't and don't watch live TV before anyone says anything) but even if I did, I very highly doubt I'd go this far.

Yeah, cause it's optional after all.  Unless they plan to get rid of the tele too?

I have a (small) TV but don't pay a licence. I don't watch live TV and the licence folks know this and check up on me every year. You can still own a TV if you use it for gaming or watching dvds/blus [:)]

UTB -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (25/10/2012 5:19:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Invader_Ace

quote:

ORIGINAL: Woger

Literally 100% likely that some of the girls who ever were groupies were underage.

Literally 100% likely that MOST of the girls who ever were groupies were underage.

steffols -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (25/10/2012 5:22:04 PM)

It's so hard to say it without sounding like your condoning their actions but times and attitudes have changed. Saville may have known on some level what he was doing was illegal but if you watch a TOTP or even a clip of Jim'll Fix It from the 70s, he is all over those girls and it is so obvious. If that was shown on on TV these days, alarm bells would instantly begin to ring, but they didn't back then.

tarantinofan -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (25/10/2012 6:41:15 PM)

Evening Standard is reporting that Saville held sex parties with under age children attended by MPs and show biz stars.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (25/10/2012 6:44:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: tarantinofan

Evening Standard is reporting that Saville held sex parties with under age children attended by MPs and show biz stars.

f*ckin hell.[:'(]

Shifty Bench -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (25/10/2012 6:50:57 PM)

quote:

Oh, for fuck's sake......

tarantinofan -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (25/10/2012 7:00:06 PM)

oh and that he cheated during his marathons.

superdan -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (25/10/2012 7:20:47 PM)

This is either turning into the biggest out-of-control witch hunt of a person who isn't around to defend themselves, or he really was an unstoppable super-paedo [&:]

Hood_Man -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (25/10/2012 7:37:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

This is either turning into the biggest out-of-control witch hunt of a person who isn't around to defend themselves, or he really was an unstoppable super-paedo [&:]

I'm inclined to believe the latter. To try and slip into the mind of Saville for a moment (eww...), if I had an insatiable urge that I was not only able to satisfy but also had plenty of access, and did so over a long period of time, I can imagine the numbers of victims would soar.

*shudders*

Shifty Bench -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (25/10/2012 7:53:53 PM)

quote:

oh and that he cheated during his marathons.

Oh well, he's only human......

[sm=augen14.gif]

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (25/10/2012 9:27:27 PM)

You really get the sense that there will be a new story every other day concerning this matter.
Never ending.But ,hopefully,the truth will prevail.

Chief -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (26/10/2012 9:48:53 AM)

When this is all over and the dust has settled, what is the expected outcome? Can he be charged posthumously and if so, is there any point? Will there be compensation and can they fine his estate?

sharkboy -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (26/10/2012 10:09:45 AM)

I'm not sure about the posthumous charges (though I would doubt it), but as pretty much his entire legacy was gifted to his charities, I would be very doubtful if there was any recourse to compensation from the Savile estate.  I suppose if the inquiry finds negligence on the part of the Beeb or health trusts, there may be some route to a civil action for compensation.

Police have today announced that arrests of some famous faces are imminent.  Should be interesting to see who is first to get nicked.

Timon -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (26/10/2012 10:11:07 AM)

quote:

I wonder which MPs and 'stars' are in the process of meeting with their lawyers today...

Titanm21 -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (26/10/2012 10:47:04 AM)

It boggles the mind that even if half of this stuff is true that people allowed it to happen or even took part.

Each day its something new, (allegedly) first up he’s a std pedo, then he’s a pedo who bums the dead, then he’s a pedo ring master who wanted to open a theme park for the ill kids… to gain more access and according to the daily std heis now a pedo who give access to other celeb pedo’s.

Timon -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (26/10/2012 10:47:38 AM)

Apparently Jim Davidson has semi-outed of the alledged celebs.

horribleives -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (26/10/2012 11:13:01 AM)

According to Davidson, one of the celebrities about to be arrested is 'a loner who dresses and acts like a nonce and thinks he's the most important person in the world'.
Dunno whether this is the same one Tom Watson alluded to on his blog (who was investigated several times throughout the '80s and '90s and supposedly set up a charity with another wealthy paedophile offering 'yachting classes' to underpriveliged children) but I'm sure we can expect more washed-up celebs of the Davidson/Gambaccini variety popping up, taking the moral high-ground and smugly telling anyone who'll listen that they knew about this years ago while ignoring the fact they did fuck all about it.

Titanm21 -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (26/10/2012 11:36:10 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

According to Davidson, one of the celebrities about to be arrested is 'a loner who dresses and acts like a nonce and thinks he's the most important person in the world'.
Dunno whether this is the same one Tom Watson alluded to on his blog (who was investigated several times throughout the '80s and '90s and supposedly set up a charity with another wealthy paedophile offering 'yachting classes' to underpriveliged children) but I'm sure we can expect more washed-up celebs of the Davidson/Gambaccini variety popping up, taking the moral high-ground and smugly telling anyone who'll listen that they knew about this years ago while ignoring the fact they did fuck all about it.

I think thats one of the worrying things about the whole thing. A Pedo will do what a Pedo does, that's their nature (for the love of god thats not a defence btw) but decent folk are supposed to stand up to this and speak out yet by the looks of it everyone knew and said fuck all.

elab49 -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (26/10/2012 12:28:12 PM)

Please keep any discussion of possible names out of this thread. Unless and until any arrests are made linking anyone to this enquiry steps fairly clearly over the line into libel. 

Professor Moriarty -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (26/10/2012 12:34:42 PM)

Damn. The hints we've had so far:
- Creepy Tory cabinet politician
- Celebrity who thinks they are the most important person in the world
Really haven't narrowed it down any for me and I was hoping for more detail [;)]

great_badir -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (26/10/2012 1:50:51 PM)

quote:

Isn't that what Davidson said/wrote about Savile?

But yeah - my head is spinning with all sorts of possibilities. It's either going to be a case of "I always thought they were dodgy", or a complete rug-from-under-you surprise.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (26/10/2012 1:53:43 PM)

quote:

Batman.

Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI