RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics

adambatman82 -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (20/10/2012 11:30:22 AM)

The new Tory whip was associated with Savile way back when, as part of a bike campaign. He's cleaned up his website since late last night, but not before screencapping!

[image]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8190/8104967461_3788bf3a33_z.jpg[/image]

http://www.sirgeorgeyoung.org.uk/pages/biog3.htm

Mister Coe -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (22/10/2012 1:28:06 AM)

I'm not sure if anyone has brought this up yet... but a few months ago, a forty-something woman was desperate to prove that she was Jimmy Saville's daughter...

Do you reckon she's still keen to follow that up?

Shifty Bench -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (24/10/2012 11:41:19 PM)

I've been reading around the net (I am so bloody bored) that some people are so angry at the way the BBC have handled this they are cancelling their TV licence.

I don't pay the TV licence anyway (can't and don't watch live TV before anyone says anything) but even if I did, I very highly doubt I'd go this far.

elab49 -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (25/10/2012 12:01:59 AM)

Are they going to stop using the NHS too? [8|]

The Beeb's self-flagellation is making it worse for themselves and distracting from the bigger picture. 70s/80s workplace practices & sexual politics was not the Beeb's alone (and sadly weren't left in those decades). It's a completely separate discussion - the only thing relevant to this, I think, was did anyone then know, condone, take part in the abuse of children. If so, find them and deal with them.

A radio presenter abused on air? Completely different thing. Also terrible. But I think something is being lost here. And too much of it is talking about money and compensation and people heading to ambulance chasers and that all just seems a bit off.

Shifty Bench -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (25/10/2012 12:10:05 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

Are they going to stop using the NHS too? [8|]

Exactly, it is quite silly.

sharkboy -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (25/10/2012 9:42:27 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

I've been reading around the net (I am so bloody bored) that some people are so angry at the way the BBC have handled this they are cancelling their TV licence.

I don't pay the TV licence anyway (can't and don't watch live TV before anyone says anything) but even if I did, I very highly doubt I'd go this far.

Yeah, cause it's optional after all.  Unless they plan to get rid of the tele too?

It has surprised me how much the Beeb have embarked on a campaign of "mea culpa" since this came to a head, yet the other organisations have remained very quiet.  Considering how it is now being widely accepted that his hospital work and charity work were mainly to provide a conduit to his victims, you'd think that the NHS and charities would have been just as much in the limelight.  Gambaccini's remark on R5 a few days ago was interesting, saying that Savile favoured the "under-age subnormals" to use a very un-PC term.  When asked how it tied in with the charity work he said "when asked why he robbed banks, a bankrobber replied "Because that's where the money is" Why did Jimmy work with hospitals? because that's where the victims were." Oh well, I suppose it'll come out in the subsequent inquiry.

And now we've had reports in the Commons that Savile was part of a paedophile ring with links to the Thatcher government.  No other names have been mentioned yet, though apparently it is available on the net.  According to Nicky Campbell this morning, it's someone with links to Thatcher's early 80s cabinet who is now dead.  Might have to put the detective cap on later...

If there is something positive to be taken from this whole sordid affair, it is that the exposure that the story has got appears to have persuaded some silent victims of abuse that they may have a voice after all - reports of abuse are reported to have had a record increase since this story broke, with over 5000 people coming forward in the last month, almost double the average number.

Beno -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (25/10/2012 10:12:31 AM)

Some of the names of people that were either 'around' or 'witness to' or even 'involved' in relation to all this is maybe just as shocking as all the revelations about Savile himself. One name that is no surprise of course is Gary Glitter although others are.
Obviously im not going to print those names on here but all you have to do is have a bit of a dig around on the internet and they are not that hard to find.
Many of the rumours or stories regarding fellow perpetrators could quite easily be fiction - a couple are clearly conspiracy led - but it will be extremely interesting to see just who the Police interview or indeed charge eventually. After all i fear Saville cant have been alone in all of these evil acts. There could be many many arrests yet to come as Police have said that 'persons alive' are being investigated.

elab49 -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (25/10/2012 10:49:34 AM)

I assumed Watson was meaning someone in the Thatcher days. The description of the activity was obviously pre-internet and, even though it could have been from the 70s, the decision to raise at PMQs did suggest, to me, it was someone under Thatcher.

horribleives -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (25/10/2012 11:08:40 AM)

Haven't read anything about this latest Dowining Street devcelopment yet (and obviously I don't want to indulge in a crude tabloid guessing game) but there's been a rumour/urban myth about Savile, a well known '70s politician and various care homes knocking around for years.

great_badir -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (25/10/2012 12:48:06 PM)

Without having Googled anything (and without wanting to - I'm too scared of what my search history will look like), I have fairly big bets placed on one of two Tory cabinet members (from the early part of Thatcher's rule of terror), cos I always thought they were creepy.

One of them is still alive, though...

sharkboy -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (25/10/2012 1:18:32 PM)

Well, if Nicky Campbell is already privy to the identity then this person is definitely dead, as he was using that fact to try and cajole a name out of his guest this morning on the grounds that there could be no libel charge.  Thatcher's early 80s cabinet was also identified as the tie-in.

Timon -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (25/10/2012 1:24:01 PM)

I'm just watching the Panorama special and there were witnesses saying that 'famous people' and 'celebs' would come to Jimmy Saville's dressing room to essentially 'use' the young girls that were there. So could we see a floodgates of celebs being outed also, along the lines of Gary Glitter?

great_badir -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (25/10/2012 1:28:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon
I'm just watching the Panorama special and there were witnesses saying that 'famous people' and 'celebs' would come to Jimmy Saville's dressing room to essentially 'use' the young girls that were there. So could we see a floodgates of celebs being outed also, along the lines of Gary Glitter?

If all that turns out to be true and proven, then we are almost certainly looking at the biggest showbiz news story/scandal.......well, ever!

What I am dreading now (which I know is pathetic compared with what all of the victims have been through, but I'll say it anyway), is that loads of my childhood heroes will be outed as nonces. It's never happened yet (Chris Langham is the closest it's got, and he was found not guilty of that), but it's looking likely now...

Professor Moriarty -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (25/10/2012 1:31:15 PM)

Bad enough that Saville did what he did (if we take the many detailed allegations to be true). That there are others involved just saddens my heart, I can't for a second understand at all how anyone could want to take advantage of a child and the notion that it was people in positions of power and responsibility or celebrity just makes me feel nauseous. My knee-jerk is that I wish they would bring back hanging for paedophiles.

I think we all know the world has its problems, but some days it just seems completely and utterly fucked up.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (25/10/2012 1:53:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

Bad enough that Saville did what he did (if we take the many detailed allegations to be true). That there are others involved just saddens my heart, I can't for a second understand at all how anyone could want to take advantage of a child and the notion that it was people in positions of power and responsibility or celebrity just makes me feel nauseous. My knee-jerk is that I wish they would bring back hanging for paedophiles.

I think we all know the world has its problems, but some days it just seems completely and utterly fucked up.

The world is fine,its just what lives on it which is the problem.

Chief -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (25/10/2012 4:32:44 PM)

Why does the entertainment industry seem to be full of paedo's? I mean, do you have to be a creep first or does the industry warp you? Or is it a chicken/egg thing?

Also, is this just a UK thing or are the world's entertainers mostly nonces? Is it just 70's & 80's or was this going on in the 60's and 90's?

SO MANY QUESTIONS ABOUT ENTERTAINMENT NONCES THAT CAN'T BE GOOGLED!

Woger -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (25/10/2012 4:46:54 PM)

Another area is the whole groupie thing in the music industry, what's the likelyhood that some girls were underage?

Invader_Ace -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (25/10/2012 5:00:11 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Woger
Another area is the whole groupie thing in the music industry, what's the likelyhood that some girls were underage?

Literally 100% likely that some of the girls who ever were groupies were underage.

Shifty Bench -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (25/10/2012 5:15:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

Yeah, cause it's optional after all.  Unless they plan to get rid of the tele too?

I have a (small) TV but don't pay a licence. I don't watch live TV and the licence folks know this and check up on me every year. You can still own a TV if you use it for gaming or watching dvds/blus [:)]

UTB -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (25/10/2012 5:19:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Invader_Ace

quote:

ORIGINAL: Woger

Literally 100% likely that some of the girls who ever were groupies were underage.

Literally 100% likely that MOST of the girls who ever were groupies were underage.

steffols -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (25/10/2012 5:22:04 PM)

It's so hard to say it without sounding like your condoning their actions but times and attitudes have changed. Saville may have known on some level what he was doing was illegal but if you watch a TOTP or even a clip of Jim'll Fix It from the 70s, he is all over those girls and it is so obvious. If that was shown on on TV these days, alarm bells would instantly begin to ring, but they didn't back then.

tarantinofan -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (25/10/2012 6:41:15 PM)

Evening Standard is reporting that Saville held sex parties with under age children attended by MPs and show biz stars.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (25/10/2012 6:44:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: tarantinofan

Evening Standard is reporting that Saville held sex parties with under age children attended by MPs and show biz stars.

f*ckin hell.[:'(]

Shifty Bench -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (25/10/2012 6:50:57 PM)

quote:

Oh, for fuck's sake......

tarantinofan -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (25/10/2012 7:00:06 PM)

oh and that he cheated during his marathons.

superdan -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (25/10/2012 7:20:47 PM)

This is either turning into the biggest out-of-control witch hunt of a person who isn't around to defend themselves, or he really was an unstoppable super-paedo [&:]

Hood_Man -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (25/10/2012 7:37:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

This is either turning into the biggest out-of-control witch hunt of a person who isn't around to defend themselves, or he really was an unstoppable super-paedo [&:]

I'm inclined to believe the latter. To try and slip into the mind of Saville for a moment (eww...), if I had an insatiable urge that I was not only able to satisfy but also had plenty of access, and did so over a long period of time, I can imagine the numbers of victims would soar.

*shudders*

Shifty Bench -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (25/10/2012 7:53:53 PM)

quote:

oh and that he cheated during his marathons.

Oh well, he's only human......

[sm=augen14.gif]

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (25/10/2012 9:27:27 PM)

You really get the sense that there will be a new story every other day concerning this matter.
Never ending.But ,hopefully,the truth will prevail.

Chief -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (26/10/2012 9:48:53 AM)

When this is all over and the dust has settled, what is the expected outcome? Can he be charged posthumously and if so, is there any point? Will there be compensation and can they fine his estate?

Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI