RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics

SQUATCH -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (4/7/2014 1:53:15 PM)

There's a half man half biscuit song which refers to Saville and mandiville hospital, from back in the day

Indio -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (14/8/2014 1:13:12 PM)

Oh dear: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-28790718

UTB -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (14/8/2014 1:23:20 PM)

Shock horror! People who seem a little bit odd turn out to be so! [:-]

DONOVAN KURTWOOD -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (14/8/2014 1:29:31 PM)

Not Cliff!

jonson -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (14/8/2014 3:12:13 PM)

I'll never be able to listen to The Young Ones again.

sanchia -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (14/8/2014 6:25:10 PM)

At the moment just an allegation. There have been quite a few of them which led nowhere as quite a few recent trial have shown. Then again Rolf Harris was a shock.

paulyboy -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (18/8/2014 10:37:51 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

At the moment just an allegation.

Indeed.

Guilty or not guilty, the whole thing has been pretty shockingly handled by the police and press at this stage, raising some real questions about civil liberties in the process.

sanchia -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (18/8/2014 5:10:57 PM)

Apparently he learnt of the search from BBC News and who had been informed by the police prior to informing him.

kathryn2 -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (25/8/2014 2:15:16 PM)

Well, yes, the BBC shouldn't have been told before the search happened - but then neither should the suspect be!

Surely we can all agree that is elementary policing - if you're searching a suspect's house for evidence you don't give them a warning.

sanchia -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (25/8/2014 2:37:37 PM)

I would agree with that. I believe it is more that the fact the person whose property was being searched learnt of such an event from the press (showing that the press was briefed before the event) rather than any other method was the questionable. The fact the press were pre-aware of the search also has the potential of the search being leaked before the event.

Indio -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (20/11/2014 1:29:32 PM)

Surprised no one has mentioned anything about Bill Cosby yet: looks like this bit of self publicity (I imagine his agent thought up this idea, can't imagine Bill Cosby sitting at home thinking 'I know, I need a meme') blew up quite spectacularly: http://uproxx.com/webculture/2014/11/bill-cosby-meme/ Lucky for him he's got a shedload of money, because it looks like his career is finished following the allegations over the last few weeks.

Happy hunting on those links if you need a new avatar for this or any other forum you might frequent [:D]

sanchia -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (20/11/2014 1:31:46 PM)

If Rolf can do it then I can expect it of anyone.

Page: <<   < prev  21 22 23 24 [25]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
5.859375E-02