RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics

sanchia -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (27/11/2013 7:15:17 PM)

I would say he would be quite justified in taking legal action considering the level of the crimes he has mistakenly been linked with.

Shifty Bench -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (27/11/2013 7:41:54 PM)

Oh, he really should sue their arses off.

Mister Coe -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (27/11/2013 9:21:41 PM)

I used to like Lostprophets back in the day, saw them live a couple of times, and I feel bad for the musicians (NOT Watkins) who are now damned by their association with this utterly evil bastard...

I hope they can find other work.

And this thing about the guy from Steps whose getting abuse... words fail.

horribleives -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (27/11/2013 10:03:40 PM)

I saw Lostprophets supporting Black Rebel Motorcycle Club and Andrew WK in 2002 and after their set he was stood in the corridor talking to two clearly teenaged lasses for well over an hour. Which didn't particularly mean anything at the time - young girls talking to famous rock stars is nothing new, nor inherently suspicious, though when I read the story yesterday the memory still made my blood freeze.
I'm just pleased his band were utter shit and I wasn't into them - like Sharkboy said about Roy Harper, I'd be fucking gutted if it was someone whose work I loved.

King of Kafiristan -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (28/11/2013 3:20:39 AM)

What did the band know and when did they know it? They had motive to keep this stuff quiet for fame and fortune.

jonson -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (28/11/2013 7:49:14 AM)

I think suing anyone is a bit harsh, we're not America. It was a mistake, no harm has been done, and to be fair, H from Steps hasn't had this much publicity, ever.
I don't know what he does for a living now but if he's got half a brain he could use to his advantage, he could be in the jungle/on big brother this time next year.
Or perhaps team up with my local dentist, Fred West, for a duet.

BigKovacs -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (28/11/2013 1:20:58 PM)

Oh I'd sue the hell out of them, they've just associated him with/as a pedophile through sheer laziness. Such a lack of due care could have potentially ruined H's career and life.

Plus he's not up to much nowadays and could probably do with the dough.

Harley Quinn -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (28/11/2013 2:59:46 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: King of Kafiristan

What did the band know and when did they know it? They had motive to keep this stuff quiet for fame and fortune.

I was never a big fan but own the first album.

From what I've read over the last few years (2007 or so) he had distanced himself from the band different hotels, separate cars to gigs, interviews etc. I believe a couple of the guys have kids I'm not sure they'd turn a blind eye and put their kids at risk. With this level of crime as well I'm wondering if they were questioned to find out what they knew and if they had seen anything.

The more disturbing parts of the case the fact that an ex reported him to the police several years back because he told her he was a pedophile and she was ignored, was basically called a stalker. That one of the children involved in this case is rumored to be his own child and the fact that there have been whispers for years about some of his tastes were way way off. There are blogs, sites etc which looked like spiteful gossip dating back 3 -4 years that now are shocking.

The fact that Interpool have been mentioned in this as there fears that he has done this all over the world and there could be a lot more victims makes my blood freeze.

I really feel for H from Steps the level of abuse his got is awful poor guy and yes if I was mistakenly called a child rapist by a major news company because they were too lazy to check their pictures I'd sue as well.

MonsterCat -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (28/11/2013 6:02:06 PM)

quote:

I think the chances of the rest of Lostprophets not knowing what Watkins got up to were great. Think about it, pedophiles are a fucking devious bunch; they'll do anything to cover there tracks. Watkins was the lead singer of an inexplicably popular rock band, and with that comes the monetary resources to help facilitate his frankly depraved sexual urges. I think he did his level best to try keep that shit under wraps so as not to stop his flow of money, and I think it's plausible that his band members would never a million years dream that their lead singer and friend would do something as despicable as fuck kids. It's just pure luck (using that word loosely) that he fucked up enough to bring this shit to light.

They also split up a couple of months ago instead of looking for a new lead singer, so I guess they felt that the whole Lostprophets venture is now tainted. I mean, as bad as I feel for the victims of Watkins' crimes, I feel equally bad for his bandmates. There's every possibility that they're now stigmatised by the fact that they worked with Watkins, no matter how much in the dark they were about this.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harley Quinn

if I was mistakenly called a child rapist by a major news company because they were too lazy to check their pictures I'd sue as well.

And you would be right to do so. Seriously, it's such an egregious oversight for a showbiz gossip website. Any rational person would know that they got the wrong Watkins, but not everybody is rational.

Larry of Arabia -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (28/11/2013 6:15:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

I mean, as bad as I feel for the victims of Watkins' crimes, I feel equally bad for his bandmates.

I dunno, I heard being raped was pretty unpleasant.

MonsterCat -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (28/11/2013 6:17:34 PM)

Sorry, you're right and I honestly should think my post through before hitting OK.

Qwerty Norris -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (28/11/2013 9:00:14 PM)

I can't help but feel that the hysteria stirred up by all these revelations post-Saville has played a small role in this horrible HORRIBLE incident occurring.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-25017802

It doesn't take much to obtain a condemnatory attitude when it comes to pedophilia, but If anything, this kind of thing makes me more angry.

King of Kafiristan -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (30/11/2013 6:20:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harley Quinn

quote:

I was never a big fan but own the first album.

From what I've read over the last few years (2007 or so) he had distanced himself from the band different hotels, separate cars to gigs, interviews etc. I believe a couple of the guys have kids I'm not sure they'd turn a blind eye and put their kids at risk. With this level of crime as well I'm wondering if they were questioned to find out what they knew and if they had seen anything.

The more disturbing parts of the case the fact that an ex reported him to the police several years back because he told her he was a pedophile and she was ignored, was basically called a stalker. That one of the children involved in this case is rumored to be his own child and the fact that there have been whispers for years about some of his tastes were way way off. There are blogs, sites etc which looked like spiteful gossip dating back 3 -4 years that now are shocking.

The fact that Interpool have been mentioned in this as there fears that he has done this all over the world and there could be a lot more victims makes my blood freeze.

I really feel for H from Steps the level of abuse his got is awful poor guy and yes if I was mistakenly called a child rapist by a major news company because they were too lazy to check their pictures I'd sue as well.

Well said, Harley!

horribleives -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (18/12/2013 2:56:41 PM)

Lostprophets fans can breathe a huge sigh of relief - according to Ian Watkins and his lawyer he's not a paedophile after all. Phew.

Shifty Bench -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (18/12/2013 4:22:55 PM)

And yet he still gets 35 years- click

Cue lots of 'Free Ian Watkins' from idiots.

sanchia -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (18/12/2013 5:25:01 PM)

quote:

Using text-speak, he said: "I'm going to put out a statement on the 18th just to say it was mega lolz.

"I do not know what everybody is getting so freaked out about."

This is probably one of the most awful things, that he does not know why people are upset that he was actively and aggressively involved in the abuse of a baby. That is one sick, sick puppy.

kumar -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (18/12/2013 6:51:42 PM)

What a completely fucked up case. What a bastard, and same goes to the two childrens mothers. Hell is too good for them

Goodfella -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (19/12/2013 12:10:31 AM)

35 years is shocking. It should have been life. The two mothers have got relatively light sentences too, whilst they were undoubtedly manipulated they were also willing participants and the level of evil with which they placated into their innocent defenceless children's lives is beyond shocking.

I don't know whether anyone here has read the judicial notes which are widely available but I have. They give an insight into not only the sick, depraved acts Watkins and his accomplices committed, but also how they went about developing and hiding it. It's quite a frightening look at the incredibly tough job the authorities have on catching these kind of animals.

I won't post a link as they are disturbing, and not for the faint-hearted, but they are on the Huffington Post website if you'd like, for want of a better word, to look at them.

jonson -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (19/12/2013 7:45:46 AM)

While I'd happily lock the bastard up and throw away the key (I'd happily see him swinging to be honest but that's another debate) I would have expected life, purely on the sketchy information we have had on the case, let alone the full facts I don't think we'll ever know.
I was surprised at the low sentences for the mothers. Is the crime as bad? Offering up children to paedophiles? Your own children?
Without a fucking doubt in my opinion. His depravity is pretty much rock bottom, theirs is a rung lower.
14 years, probably out in half that? Doesn't quite seem fitting for someone prepared to offer her own 11 month old as a sex toy to someone she barely knew.
Anyway, it's done now, hope the kids find a loving home and remember nothing. Let's hope these 3 scumbags never see life outside prison.

MonsterCat -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (19/12/2013 8:09:13 AM)

See, the two mothers getting much, much more lenient sentences than Watkins makes no sense to me. They were helping to facilitate Watkins' sexual urges and, in my mind, that's just as bad as them fucking or groping the kids themselves. It's absolutely mind-blowing to me.

Still, I guess Watkins will soon experience some horrific shit himself when he gets cornholed on a daily basis by a big, fat and bald neo-nazi on a daily basis.

AxlReznor -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (19/12/2013 10:38:17 AM)

quote:

See, the two mothers getting much, much more lenient sentences than Watkins makes no sense to me. They were helping to facilitate Watkins' sexual urges and, in my mind, that's just as bad as them fucking or groping the kids themselves. It's absolutely mind-blowing to me.

Still, I guess Watkins will soon experience some horrific shit himself when he gets cornholed on a daily basis by a big, fat and bald neo-nazi on a daily basis.

Unfortunately, he's almost certain to be kept in solitary confinement to avoid this sort of thing happening to him.

Goodfella -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (19/12/2013 2:53:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AxlReznor

quote:

Unfortunately, he's almost certain to be kept in solitary confinement to avoid this sort of thing happening to him.

Given some of the very sick and twisted things this 'man' got up too, it wouldn't surprise me if he enjoyed that sort of thing anyway.

I have to say I do feel quite sorry for the other members of Lost Prophets, especially Mike Lewis who was best friends with Watkins since they grew up in Wales together. Their whole worlds have been ripped apart by this and the music they all put their lives and souls into probably feels very tainted now, they've also suffered the sad plethora of criticism from parts of the online community, with suggestions such as they are guilty by association or they can't not have know what he was up too.

There was never any evidence to suggest they did in the first place but all were still interviewed and processed by the police and given the extreme lengths Watkins went too to cover his tracks, that should not be surprising and is no case for some of the abuse they've received anyway. They recently released a very clear and emotional joint statement about their feelings after Watkins changed his plea to guilty. I know the former members have also been working closely with a number of charities since who work with victims of such abuse so I wouldn't be surprised to see something more happen there. It should also be considered about the impact this has had on their lives and the damage they may suffer from it, I'm not trying to paint them as the same as these poor, helpless children, but they are victims of Watkins too.

horribleives -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (19/12/2013 2:58:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AxlReznor

quote:

Where's Heisenberg and the Aryan Brotherhood when you need them?

DJ Satan -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (19/12/2013 3:37:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Goodfella

quote:

Given some of the very sick and twisted things this 'man' got up too, it wouldn't surprise me if he enjoyed that sort of thing anyway.

Did you just imply that he is likely to enjoy gay sex because he is "sick and twisted"?

horribleives -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (19/12/2013 3:43:16 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DJ Satan

quote:

quote:

Did you just imply that he is likely to enjoy gay sex because he is "sick and twisted"?

No he implied he's likely to enjoy being raped by a fat bald neo Nazi because he's sick and twisted.

jonson -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (19/12/2013 4:01:23 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

Oh c'mon please, you've got to be joking.

DancingClown -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (19/12/2013 4:35:19 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

No, of course he bloody didn't. And since when could being raped by a neo-Nazi be described as "gay sex"? By attempting to twist jonson's words you have made yourself seem like the one who is prejudiced. Well done.

DJ Satan -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (19/12/2013 5:04:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

quote:

quote:

quote:

No, of course he bloody didn't. And since when could being raped by a neo-Nazi be described as "gay sex"? By attempting to twist jonson's words you have made yourself seem like the one who is prejudiced. Well done.

There was no mention of rape - just slang for anal sex. MonsterCat called the act "horrific" and Goodfella suggested he would enjoy because he is sick and twisted.

Goodfella -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (19/12/2013 5:17:51 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yes, that's exactly what I was implying, nothing to do with the act of rape, as in connected with the acts that he committed on his victims, you also don't need a direct reference to that, it's pretty obvious. The implication is he would enjoy a twisted act of enforced sex and performer in such a manner not akin to with what he did, whether that be straight or gay sex for that matter.

I'm not even sure why I'm dignifying this with a response to be honest, and you should be careful yourself. When you start implying such accusations that are both offensive and libellous with no evidence, when it was quite clear what I meant and I have never suggested anything of such previous belief, it can very quickly come back and round on you.

Boy, I really am fucking sick and tired of this on here, instead of assuming there is always an opportunity to try and belittle someone across on an internet forum to massage your own ego, why don't you try reading what I've put properly and put a bit of thought into it.

DancingClown -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (19/12/2013 5:25:00 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

quote:

quote:

quote:

There was no mention of rape - just slang for anal sex. MonsterCat called the act "horrific" and Goodfella suggested he would enjoy because he is sick and twisted.

I think it's fairly obvious given the context that "cornholed on a daily basis by a big, fat and bald neo-nazi on a daily basis" implies rape and sexual assault as opposed to an act of love-making between two consensual adult men. And then Goodfella implied that he might enjoy that sort of violence becauise he is sick and twisted. Simples.

Page: <<   < prev  21 22 [23] 24 25   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
3.515625E-02