RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (7/12/2012 12:55:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

Remembering of course that's he's innocent until proven guilty and the easiest way for the slippery little bastard to get out of it is by being, in fact, innocent. [sm=whistle.gif]

pfft[;)]

sanchia -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (7/12/2012 1:20:29 PM)

One thing that can be said about him. For a PR bloke his own image appears to be atrocious. I do not think I have seen anything in support of him as a person since the story broke.

Chief -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (19/12/2012 1:31:51 PM)

Another one:

http://news.sky.com/story/1027393/lostprophets-singer-facing-child-sex-charges

SwozTheRevenge -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (19/12/2012 4:05:25 PM)

A ONE year-old?...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/lostprophets-singer-ian-watkins-remanded-in-custody-after-appearing-in-court-accused-of-conspiring-to-rape-oneyearold-girl-8425042.html

Titanm21 -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (20/12/2012 8:40:35 AM)

Animals as well
http://metro.co.uk/2012/12/19/lostprophets-lead-singer-ian-watkins-charged-with-sexual-offences-against-children-3322503/

Ultimo Lee -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (21/12/2012 1:02:26 AM)

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4708101/child-sex-abuse-cops-fred-talbot.html

I nearly went to Altrincham Grammar too [sm=sad.gif]

Flatulent_Bob -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (21/12/2012 9:49:34 AM)

How come we have super injunctions to stop the press reporting which so called celebrity has been caught sleeping with who, but these kind of things get reported before anyone's even been charged nevermind convicted.

Something ain't right.

Sinatra -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (21/12/2012 11:23:56 AM)

It's out of hand isn't it?

It is all a bit McCarthyistic for my liking.

Professor Moriarty -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (21/12/2012 11:42:19 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sinatra

It is all a bit McCarthyistic for my liking.

[image]http://media.treehugger.com/assets/images/2011/10/paul-mccartney.jpg[/image]

Opps wrong bloke

elab49 -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (21/12/2012 2:42:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flatulent_Bob

How come we have super injunctions to stop the press reporting which so called celebrity has been caught sleeping with who, but these kind of things get reported before anyone's even been charged nevermind convicted.

Something ain't right.

There's more than one suggestion out there that there is at least one such injunction in place over this.

I'm not clear, though, why people being brought in just for questioning on these charges are actually being named. Post-charge maybe - but it seems a bit odd.

Rebenectomy -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (22/12/2012 5:04:06 PM)

I suggest that in light of the current climate we run along side the Dead Pool, an Empire Paedo Pool. Just list ten celebrities that you think might turn out to be a rapist or paedophile in 2013, bonus points for how many years the defendant has been dead when the allegations arise.

I'll start.

1. EVERYONE IN THE WORLD EVER. (YES, INCLUDING YOU READING THIS).

homersimpson_esq -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (22/12/2012 5:09:54 PM)

Nope, I see no problem with this at all...

emogeek -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (2/1/2013 9:05:53 PM)

Nick nick nicked...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20889817

I'm pretty sure he was taking the moral high ground a few weeks back too....

elab49 -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (2/1/2013 9:35:36 PM)

Why shouldn't he if he isn't guilty? [:)]

Ghidorah -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (2/1/2013 9:48:49 PM)

His attitude towards women is extreme and he only view them as sex objects. However I do find it questionable the press has the right to publish well known figures accuse of sex crimes. I would understand if he's charged with these offences but several of these allegations in the past are proven to be character assinations.

edit I meant alligations towards other celebs.

Hood_Man -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (2/1/2013 10:39:55 PM)

Wow... after all those of years of editing down his game shows and trying to make him look squeaky clean for The Generation Game and Big Break audiences, it's a good thing I found out when I did what his attitudes etc were really like.

Otherwise I might have been shocked.

Yes yes, innocent til proven guilty, I know...

homersimpson_esq -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (3/1/2013 7:49:41 AM)

I think it was Frankie Boyle on twitter who said that the good news is that people couldn't think any less of him anyway...

Fanboyslayer -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (7/1/2013 9:04:03 PM)

Frankie Boyle is not wrong. I certainly couldn't think any less of him. Always did make my skin crawl.

UTB -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (7/1/2013 10:04:33 PM)

I can't say I've kept myself abreast of Davidson's life enough to be glad to see him convicted of sex offences.

Pigeon Army -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (9/1/2013 10:20:50 PM)

Tangential to the BBC case but nonetheless relevant in terms of icons turning out to be horrible human beings - http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/klaus-kinski-daughter-sexual-abuse-410213

Not really sure I'll look at Fitzcarraldo the same way again knowing this.

Deviation -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (10/1/2013 12:59:30 AM)

Kinski was already a horrible human being, this is just another level of being a really horrible human being.

matty_b -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (10/1/2013 8:01:49 AM)

Fucking hell.

Wonder what the Kinski-loving banned forumite we all knew and argued with would have made of that... [&:]

horribleives -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (10/1/2013 7:09:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

Fucking hell.

Wonder what the Kinski-loving banned forumite we all knew and argued with would have made of that... [&:]

Conspiracy, you say?

matty_b -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (10/1/2013 7:16:56 PM)

[image]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lkztgnmMU81qil4zxo1_400.gif[/image]

great_badir -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (11/1/2013 12:47:08 PM)

Of, for fuck's sake...

I know it's horrible and everything (and I'm sure my memory serves that in Kinski's autobiography he pretty much openly admits to having a bit of a thing for Nastassja, even if he didn't act on it), but surely I can still enjoy my Herzog/Kinski films, can't I? ...can't I?!?!?!? I mean, I'm sure there's loads of people out there still listening to Gary Glitter...

Guess I'll have to watch them with the curtains drawn and not say anything in public about how much I love Fitzcarraldo.

Seriously, though, this is the first time something like this has happened to one of my own cultural heroes. So what IS the right and proper thing for me to do about it???

matty_b -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (11/1/2013 12:51:18 PM)

It depends if you're able to personally seperate the person from the art.

I'm able to do so and can still enjoy Polanski films, for example. I think it's fine to do so, though understand those who can't.

Harry Tuttle -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (11/1/2013 1:32:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

It depends if you're able to personally seperate the person from the art.

I'm able to do so and can still enjoy Polanski films, for example. I think it's fine to do so, though understand those who can't.

Yeah, can't argue with this.

I'm the opposite, I can't seperate the art from the person so tend to give Polanski's film the widest berth possible. I'm conflicted with Chinatown though because that's the only Polanski film I'd seen before I found out about his child raping tendencies and it was/is a film I like very much so my conviction probably isn't as strong as I'd like. I dunno, maybe the reason I give his films a wide berth is because I'm afraid I'd really enjoy them which would put me in a bit of a personal moral conundrum.

great_badir -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (11/1/2013 1:58:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle
I'm afraid I'd really enjoy them which would put me in a bit of a personal moral conundrum.

Which is exactly the problem I have now.

Hmm, I will have to think on it.

matty_b -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (11/1/2013 2:11:34 PM)

I suppose I haven't been forced to confront the notion that someone whose art I hold very, very dearly is a nonce, however, which might make my response a little trickier.

God forbid Jarvis is ever outed... [&o]

rawlinson -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (11/1/2013 3:03:21 PM)

Cunt of a man, but that doesn't impact on his abilities as an actor. Enjoying someone's art isn't the same as giving them a free pass on anything they may have done in the real world.

Page: <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI