RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics

jonson -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (15/11/2012 6:24:53 PM)

Yeah, I know that, I actuallt have a twitter account but someone does it for me. [:D]
I think my point, and you know what I mean, is that for millions of people to be trending the same thing is one thing, but for the wife of the Leader of the House of Commons to come and add her tuppennies worth is just stupid.
If everyone saw McAlpine was trending, why did she insisit on mentioning it herself other than to fan the flames?
She is in a position of responsability and should act accordingly, especially when accusations of child abuse are being thrown about.
Saying that, I don't think anyone here is actualy defending her are they? [:D]

sanchia -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (15/11/2012 6:25:31 PM)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-20336798

A further arrest made, and another of those names which has been drifting around in association with this whole thing. If the McAlpine thing is anything to go on it shows how reliable they are.

elab49 -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (15/11/2012 6:33:27 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

Yeah, I know that, I actuallt have a twitter account but someone does it for me. [:D]
I think my point, and you know what I mean, is that for millions of people to be trending the same thing is one thing, but for the wife of the Leader of the House of Commons to come and add her tuppennies worth is just stupid.
If everyone saw McAlpine was trending, why did she insisit on mentioning it herself other than to fan the flames?
She is in a position of responsability and should act accordingly, especially when accusations of child abuse are being thrown about.
Saying that, I don't think anyone here is actualy defending her are they? [:D]

Sorry. It's still quite new to me so I find it easier to believe people don't know about it!

UTB -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (15/11/2012 6:37:32 PM)

Can I just say I still giggle at the title of this thread. "Allegations of Jimmy Savile" makes me think that these people are being arrested under suspicion of Jimmy Savilling.

Which I guess now is true.

DancingClown -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (15/11/2012 6:45:48 PM)

I'm no legal expert but can Mcalpine really sue people for mentioning something they had been led to believe was true via another source? A usually reliable source? While I understand how angry he is this litigious rampage seems a bit over-the-top. Saw his smug lawyer on the news earlier; you could practically hear the "chi-ching" in his voice.

Rgirvan44 -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (15/11/2012 6:49:07 PM)

Very interesting Private Eye this week.

Rgirvan44 -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (15/11/2012 6:50:25 PM)

As for twitter - I remember this Social Network quote - The Internet's not written in pencil, it's written in ink.

elab49 -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (15/11/2012 6:51:40 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

I'm no legal expert but can Mcalpine really sue people for mentioning something they had been led to believe was true via another source? A usually reliable source? While I understand how angry he is this litigious rampage seems a bit over-the-top. Saw his smug lawyer on the news earlier; you could practically hear the "chi-ching" in his voice.

Which reliable source gave them a name? Philip Schofield?

DancingClown -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (15/11/2012 6:58:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

Which reliable source gave them a name? Philip Schofield?

Well, it was because of the Newsnight thing, wasn't it? Or am I getting muddled up? There's so much horseshit flying around it's hard to keep up.

elab49 -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (15/11/2012 7:21:15 PM)

Newsnight didn't give his name. [:)]

DancingClown -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (15/11/2012 7:41:19 PM)

Okay, I'm going to be quiet now.

Alright, so his identity was implied, as opposed to 'revealed'. Got it.

But can Twitterers still be sued for coming up with a collective conclusion that they had been somehow 'led' to make?

Hobbitonlass -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (15/11/2012 8:02:46 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

A further arrest made, and another of those names which has been drifting around in association with this whole thing. If the McAlpine thing is anything to go on it shows how reliable they are.

Ahem

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

The Hairy Cornflake is the latest to have been arrested

[;)] [:D]

sanchia -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (15/11/2012 8:15:14 PM)

It's foggy here I can't see the posts. [sm=whistle.gif]

Hobbitonlass -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (15/11/2012 8:35:43 PM)

E
quote:

It's foggy here I can't see the posts. [sm=whistle.gif]

[:D]

great_badir -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (16/11/2012 12:12:28 PM)

DLT - groupies?

Tricky, VERY tricky, territory if so.

I also saw that now-dead Lib-Dem mungous Cyril Smith has been accused of abuse, albeit abuse of a slightly different nature.

sanchia -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (16/11/2012 12:37:06 PM)

Of his arteries?

great_badir -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (16/11/2012 12:37:51 PM)

B'BOOM!

boaby -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (16/11/2012 9:37:22 PM)

Anyone see The Daily Show's take on the Savile stuff?

Was funny.

sanchia -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (27/11/2012 10:13:47 PM)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/nov/27/cyril-smith-abused-boys-police

Another now deceased individual who appears to have gotten a free walk with abuse. I remember him being on television a lot when I was younger as a political pundit. And now it appear to have been firmed up that abuse was more than just claimed.

Flatulent_Bob -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (28/11/2012 8:56:41 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson
HOW DARE YOU! My Uncle Bob never, well, he might have done once or twice, that time at the family barbecue springs to mind, couldn't sit down for days.......etc [:D]

[image]http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/leaving-now-grandpa-simpsons.gif[/image]

horribleives -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (28/11/2012 11:27:42 AM)

quote:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/nov/27/cyril-smith-abused-boys-police

Another now deceased individual who appears to have gotten a free walk with abuse. I remember him being on television a lot when I was younger as a political pundit. And now it appear to have been firmed up that abuse was more than just claimed.

I hope it some point they expose some fucker who's still alive.

rawlinson -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (5/12/2012 5:47:26 PM)

Stuart Hall arrested and questioned over a rape

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-20605267

sanchia -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (5/12/2012 8:38:20 PM)

He has now been charged with three counts of indenct assault on children aged 8 to 13 years of age. Although it is important to remember that until found guilty in Court it is just an allegation.

rawlinson -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (6/12/2012 1:37:43 PM)

Jesus, that bit wasn't up when I linked. It does make you wonder who's going to be next. Oh...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20627765

Erlenmeyer Flask -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (6/12/2012 1:42:24 PM)

He's a right James Blunt, that one.

Timon -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (6/12/2012 2:01:03 PM)

Max Clifford! Why am I not more surprised?

Rhubarb -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (6/12/2012 2:07:07 PM)

I imagine people will be queing up to take his PR advice now though, he'll have managed to get himself on every front page in the country tomorrow morning.

Harry Tuttle -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (6/12/2012 2:10:33 PM)

From the Guardian

quote:

When the Savile revelations first emerged, Clifford said dozens of big-name stars from the 1960s and 1970s had contacted him because they were "frightened to death" they were going to be implicated

[sm=rolleyes10.gif]

Rhubarb -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (6/12/2012 2:15:58 PM)

"WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO MAX, WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO????"

Rhubarb -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (6/12/2012 2:16:54 PM)

That's obviously an artists impression of how those phone calls might have gone. No-one sue me uf he turns out to be entirely innocent.

Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI