RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics

elab49 -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (29/10/2012 9:06:39 AM)

Would this be like that fool diplomat on Marr yesterday who thought someone seeming a bit weird (which, frankly, is pretty much a pre-requisite of light entertainment) it enough to tar them as a paedophile? The other chap, Lewis, pointed out he was talking nonsense but he was quite absolute in his 20:20 hindsight attitude beloved of all tabloid run lynch mobs everywhere.

horribleives -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (29/10/2012 9:51:14 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

Would this be like that fool diplomat on Marr yesterday who thought someone seeming a bit weird (which, frankly, is pretty much a pre-requisite of light entertainment) it enough to tar them as a paedophile? The other chap, Lewis, pointed out he was talking nonsense but he was quite absolute in his 20:20 hindsight attitude beloved of all tabloid run lynch mobs everywhere.

Ironically when Savile died those very same tabloids, in their gushing tributes, were quick to condemn the 'wicked whispers' and 'cynical rumour-mongering' of anyone who had dared to suggest there might be something not quite right about him. The very same tabloids who must've known for years what he was and did nothing yet are now, amazingly, patting themselves on the back for 'helping' to expose him.
This country, etc, etc.

Timon -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (29/10/2012 9:56:19 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mister Coe

Just heard that Glitter got arrested.

Shit, didn't see that coming.

I thought he was still living in Thailand...

Is he even allowed to be in this country anymore?!

emogeek -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (29/10/2012 10:05:01 AM)

I'm pretty sure Thailand kicked him out. Then Cambodia refused to take him.

He's been living back here since.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (29/10/2012 10:07:30 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: emogeek

I'm pretty sure Thailand kicked him out. Then Cambodia refused to take him.

He's been living back here since.

But he's ok to live here?
God I love our Government[8|].

emogeek -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (29/10/2012 10:46:01 AM)

I think it was a case of nobody else would have the sod and as he is "one of ours" we had to take him.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (29/10/2012 10:59:02 AM)

Unfortunately true.[:@]

Titanm21 -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (29/10/2012 12:17:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: emogeek

I think it was a case of nobody else would have the sod and as he is "one of ours" we had to take him.

Do we not have an island to stick these people on... like 30 miles North of Scotland... an island with Bears maybe?

Timon -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (29/10/2012 12:19:56 PM)

Jesus Titanm21... think of the bears!

great_badir -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (29/10/2012 12:21:48 PM)

RE Glitter being back in the UK - if memory serves (someone can confirm or correct as necessary), I think the "explanation" at the time was that he'd basically be on a watch list over here and would find it very difficult to get up to any sort of dodginess since being outed as a nonce, so it was safer for everyone with him here rather than somewhere else, where he'd be more difficult to control or keep an eye on.

Whether that is actually the case or not, I don't know.

What will be particularly annoying is if Glitter is found completely innocent in this particular case (which, let's be honest, is entirely possible) and is free to go...

Timon -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (29/10/2012 12:55:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

We were playiong "Out the Nonce" in the pub on Saturday. Just coming up with random 80's TV people and taking a vote on whether we thought they were a kiddie-fiddler or Savile Sympathiser.
It was quite incredible how many we "outed". It was rife. Or at least it was suggested it was in the pub on Saturday.
I could list all of the "definates" right now, and the "maybes" and I think you'd all agree.
Thankfully we found Bob Holness completely innocent as some of our group were gettting quite offended by the suggestion. Fucking students.

It's going to be interesting to see the defence of certain celebs from the 60s/70s. On one hand, they could be guilty, one the other they could have just been doing the whole 'groupie thing' without knowing the age of some of the girls involved. Well, I'm sure that's what they'll claim...

great_badir -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (29/10/2012 1:04:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon
It's going to be interesting to see the defence of certain celebs from the 60s/70s. On one hand, they could be guilty, one the other they could have just been doing the whole 'groupie thing' without knowing the age of some of the girls involved. Well, I'm sure that's what they'll claim...

But isn't this all mainly about proper full-on abuse (as in "no means no" being completely ignored) of girls very obviously (well) below the age of consent, and NOT the groupie thing?? Or have I missed something? I thought this had gone WAY beyond Top of the Pops groupies...

Titanm21 -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (29/10/2012 3:14:45 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

Jesus Titanm21... think of the bears!

Its fine, the bears are all Pedos as well

Timon -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (29/10/2012 3:31:27 PM)

[image]http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/000/005/pedobear.jpg[/image]

Titanm21 -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (29/10/2012 3:46:38 PM)

ha ha ha excellent return serve sir

Porrohman -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (30/10/2012 9:51:27 AM)

[image]http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb142/porrohman_2007/270482_10151097141031283_627389201_n.jpg[/image]

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (30/10/2012 9:55:05 AM)

Burn it!!
BURN IT TO THE GROUND!!

emogeek -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (1/11/2012 7:23:50 PM)

Freddie Starr has now been arrested

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20174081

Rgirvan44 -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (6/11/2012 2:12:35 PM)

DID MOZ KNOW THE TRUTH?*

http://louderthanwar.com/web-rumour-claims-lyrics-to-the-smiths-panic-refer-to-jimmy-savile/#.UJkWrHKVwX4.twitter

*prob not.

Brundlesflies -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (6/11/2012 2:20:36 PM)

Someone leaps to Savile's defense....

CLICKY

...and it's the Yorkshire Ripper!

Hobbitonlass -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (6/11/2012 2:21:56 PM)

Apparently, the front page of The Sun today has a world exclusive from the Ripper stating that Savile is innocent [sm=huh.gif]

MonsterCat -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (6/11/2012 2:32:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

Apparently, the front page of The Sun today has a world exclusive from the Ripper stating that Savile is innocent [sm=huh.gif]

Oh, well as long as he says so we all can breathe a sigh of relief.

I mean, if you can't trust a nutjob serial killer who can you trust?

Mister Coe -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (6/11/2012 10:08:14 PM)

Right... so The Yorkshire Ripper is saying that Jimmy Saville is innocent?

Either my mind has just collapsed in on itself or the world has finally gone fucking mental...

manwihtheplan -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (7/11/2012 12:51:00 AM)

Breaking news from Sky News!

Jimmy Savile was quizzed by detectives investigating the Jack The Ripper murders, a senior officer who worked on the inquiry says. Former West Yorkshire Police detective Stan Thorpe, who spent 40 years in the force, told ITV's Calendar News: "when Jack the Ripper was really active, one of the suspects put forward by the public was, in fact, Jimmy Savile. The fact Jimmy Savile wasn't alive at the time of the Jack the Ripper murders doesn't prove he wasn't a suspect."

DancingClown -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (7/11/2012 12:55:30 AM)

Yeah, yeah, go sleep it off.

Super Hans -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (7/11/2012 1:24:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

I did think The Sun's attempts on Sunday to suggest that Savile was involved in the Ripper murders were a tad OTT![:D] I mean yes, we've established he was a bit of a bastard, but lets not get carried away...

Brundlesflies -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (9/11/2012 3:19:35 PM)

Usual high standards shown on This Morning

CLICK

Totally dickish thing to do - drew up a list of names after trawling the internet for 'about 3 minutes'. Way to go Schofield, Woodward & Bernstein eat your heart out.

Although Cameron's a twat for immediately raising fear of an anti-gay witch-hunt - well done Dave, you've just legitimised the link in all those Daily Fail reader's heads between gays & paedophiles [8|]

EDIT: Although apparently 50% of Independent readers think it was the right thing for Schofield to do!

CLICKY

UTB -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (9/11/2012 3:25:32 PM)

I enjoyed this comment on Twitter:
[image]http://i.imgur.com/1Y82c.png[/image]

Rgirvan44 -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (9/11/2012 3:25:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brundlesflies

Usual high standards shown on This Morning

CLICK

Totally dickish thing to do - drew up a list of names after trawling the internet for 'about 3 minutes'. Way to go Schofield, Woodward & Bernstein eat your heart out.

Although Cameron's a twat for immediately raising fear of an anti-gay witch-hunt - well done Dave, you've just legitimised the link in all those Daily Fail reader's heads between gays & paedophiles [8|]

EDIT: Although apparently 50% of Independent readers think it was the right thing for Schofield to do!

CLICKY

To be fair to Cameron, I do not believe that was what he was doing. Basically quite a number of the names being thrown about are the same people rumoured to be gay but have not come out - there are elements online who are using this to force them out the closet, and that is what he is talking about there.

Brundlesflies -> RE: Allegations of Jimmy Saville (9/11/2012 3:36:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

To be fair to Cameron, I do not believe that was what he was doing. Basically quite a number of the names being thrown about are the same people rumoured to be gay but have not come out - there are elements online who are using this to force them out the closet, and that is what he is talking about there.

Fair point and I admit I didn't see the actual programme, but after it came out I do remember seeing headlines on a number of sites (BBC included) saying 'Cameron fears anti-gay witch-hunt after Savile revelations' or some words to that effect.
My point was more that I didn't read the fine print, and I'm pretty sure that most people looking for validation of their prejudices won't have - you risk guilt by association

End of the day tho it was a bloody stupid stunt from Schofield - what did he seriously expect Cameron to do.

Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI