Marc Webb Back For Spider-Sequel (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Marc Webb Back For Spider-Sequel (29/9/2012 9:26:23 AM)

Post your comments on this article

Wild about Wilder -> Marc Webb Returns As Spider-Man Director (29/9/2012 9:26:23 AM)

Oh dear, oh dear it's not like the 1st one set the box-office alight is it. [sm=893Grumpy-thumb.gif]

officerMarc -> What? (29/9/2012 12:08:45 PM)

So "$750 million worldwide" doesn't count then does it? Muppet.

jmebaby25 -> RE: What? (29/9/2012 2:49:31 PM)

This is great news. The key strength with The Amazing Spider-man was the relationships between the characters that Webb put front and centre. I'm glad we'll get to see him expand upon his take of the universe rather than a messy patchwork that you get from multiple directors.

jmebaby25 -> RE: Marc Webb Returns As Spider-Man Director (29/9/2012 2:52:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wild about Wilder

Oh dear, oh dear it's not like the 1st one set the box-office alight is it. [sm=893Grumpy-thumb.gif]

Actually - yes it it did. It was never going to be (nor expected to be) a competitor to the juggernauts that were The Avengers & The Dark Knight Rises. It also had to try to make amends for a woeful Spider-man 3 and try to bring people back to the franchise AND try to woo the anti-reboot crowd and try to tempt them to give it a chance.

All in all, it did brilliantly at the box office thanks to Webb and terrific turns from Garfield and Stone.

BatSpider -> Dogshit for the masses (30/9/2012 2:11:08 PM)

Eat it, choke on it, beg for seconds.

Wild about Wilder -> RE: Marc Webb Returns As Spider-Man Director (1/10/2012 10:49:01 AM)

Yeah I was wrong there teach me to only take US box-office into account before opening my big "Fozzie Bear"[;)] sized gob[&o].
I really meant his directing of the film really judging by most general opinion, obviously it was always gonna take a shit load I mean you only have to look at films like Transformers 3 to see that, it'd just been nice to see them have the balls to go for it with a lets say not such a safe bet?

waltham1979 -> RE: Marc Webb Returns As Spider-Man Director (1/10/2012 1:00:11 PM)

I actually enjoyed The Amazing Spiderman; more so than Raimi's attempts which just didn't sit right with me; couldn't put my finger on it (although my dis-like for Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst as actors may have had something to do with it). Out of Raimi's three films the only thing that I enjoyed and think worked was Alfred Molina's Doc Oc...and even he turned into a little bit of a pussy at the end when Spidey cures him from being nuts by simply punching him in the face a few times.

Webb's attempt is by no stretch of imagination perfect; far from it - but I'd happily sit through his next film then have to endure this again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4tDbEuMxys

*shudders*

Fozola -> Come On...Reboots should Take A Little More Time! (1/10/2012 1:40:35 PM)

I kind of enjoyed the first one but it all just seemed a little bit 'what's the point!' (Well we all know the point) It was a different direction but not really a patch on the Raimi version and all a bit...well...pointless! Don't even get me started on the Fantastic Four reboot, soon they will be rebooting stuff they haven't even made!

Bad Ash -> RE: Marc Webb Returns As Spider-Man Director (1/10/2012 1:44:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: waltham1979

I actually enjoyed The Amazing Spiderman; more so than Raimi's attempts which just didn't sit right with me; couldn't put my finger on it (although my dis-like for Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst as actors may have had something to do with it). Out of Raimi's three films the only thing that I enjoyed and think worked was Alfred Molina's Doc Oc...and even he turned into a little bit of a pussy at the end when Spidey cures him from being nuts by simply punching him in the face a few times.

Webb's attempt is by no stretch of imagination perfect; far from it - but I'd happily sit through his next film then have to endure this again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4tDbEuMxys

*shudders*

Aw come on! It's a tongue in cheek scene in a tongue in cheek film - and it's pretty funny too! Toby McGuire trying to pull off cool? That's fried comedy gold right there!!

Regardless of that, I am interested in seeing another Webb/Garfield/Stone version of Spidey. The Amazing Spiderman didn't blow me away, but I thought Garfield was great and Emma Stone,....well, she wore knee high socks and a iddy-biddy skirt throughout the majority of the film! That's a win in my book!

That said I was a tad underwhelmed by Rhys Ifans as The Lizard. He just didn't really tick any of the boxes a decent villain shouldwhich could be due to the fact that he wasn't even in it for that long! The Villain needs to be the focus of any sequel (as well as Emma Stone's wearing of short skirts and knee high socks), if you're gonna go with The Green Goblin then please not an armoured version, let's have him looking more like the comic or cartoon version. Personally I'd like to see them have a go at Electro or The Wrecking Crew - prefferably the former.

waltham1979 -> RE: Come On...Reboots should Take A Little More Time! (2/10/2012 8:49:59 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fozola

I kind of enjoyed the first one but it all just seemed a little bit 'what's the point!' (Well we all know the point) It was a different direction but not really a patch on the Raimi version and all a bit...well...pointless! Don't even get me started on the Fantastic Four reboot, soon they will be rebooting stuff they haven't even made!

I am expecting the Harry Potter Re-boots (Harry goes darker and grittier) any day now...[:)]

Workshed -> RE: Come On...Reboots should Take A Little More Time! (2/10/2012 1:30:25 PM)

The casting was good but the story and direction were lacking IMO. The action scenes weren't "amazing" and for all the saccharine sentimentality and emo whining / moping from the Raimi films, at least they had visual flair and a discernable style.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI