RE: 200 Favourite Comedy Performances (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Lists and Top 10s

rawlinson -> RE: 200 Favourite Comedy Performances (2/12/2012 10:46:38 AM)

10. Albert Brooks - Comedy Minus One (Stand-up; 1973)

9. Vivian Stanshall - Sir Henry at Rawlinson End (Radio/Comedy Albums; 1975 - 1983)

8. David Hyde Pierce - Frasier (T.V.; 1993 - 2004)

7. Bill Cosby - To Russell, My Brother, Whom I Slept with (Stand-up; 1968)

6. Bill Hicks - Rant in E-Minor (Stand-up; 1997)

5. Bill Murray - Groundhog Day (Film; 1993)

4. Woody Allen - Standup Comic 1964 - 1968 (Stand-up; 1964 - 1968)

3. Cary Grant - His Girl Friday (Film; 1940)

2. Richard Pryor - Live in Concert (Stand-up; 1979)

1. Peter Cook - Not Only... But Also... (T.V.; 1964 - 1970)

rawlinson -> RE: 200 Favourite Comedy Performances (2/12/2012 10:48:20 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rebel scum

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

quote:

Oswalt is brilliant, and hopefully will do well in the HoF

lol, like that'll ever finish.

Ideally Fritzl'd just tally the votes he has and move on, but I'm not sure if that's entirely fair to everyone else.

It's what we do in the film HoF, if people don't make the deadline then their nomination is removed and we move on.

Rebel scum -> RE: 200 Favourite Comedy Performances (2/12/2012 10:54:15 AM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Oswalt is brilliant, and hopefully will do well in the HoF

lol, like that'll ever finish.

Ideally Fritzl'd just tally the votes he has and move on, but I'm not sure if that's entirely fair to everyone else.

It's what we do in the film HoF, if people don't make the deadline then their nomination is removed and we move on.

Fair enough, that's probably what should be done then.

Also, Hyde Pierce + Murray + Grant = [sm=w00t.gif]

impqueen -> RE: 200 Favourite Comedy Performances (2/12/2012 11:22:11 AM)

Really pleased to see Hyde Pierce make the Top Ten and I agree with the inclusion of Murray, Grant and Pryor. As for Peter Cook...[:)]

matty_b -> RE: 200 Favourite Comedy Performances (2/12/2012 11:36:48 AM)

Yay for Hyde-Pierce. [:D]

Gimli The Dwarf -> RE: 200 Favourite Comedy Performances (2/12/2012 12:06:44 PM)

Just had a quick look and will comment properly later, but happy to see L&H at 20. Sons might not be my pick for the best performances (but really it's hard to separate a great number of their films in terms of how good they are within them) but so happy they made it.

rawlinson -> RE: 200 Favourite Comedy Performances (2/12/2012 12:10:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: impqueen

Really pleased to see Hyde Pierce make the Top Ten and I agree with the inclusion of Murray, Grant and Pryor. As for Peter Cook...[:)]

Does that mean you haven't heard/seen the others or that you dislike them?

Woody's routine, 'The Moose', is quite possibly the most perfectly delivered piece of stand-up ever. With the title track of Cosby's album the second finest. Both are amazing pieces of story-telling. Cosby's early stand-up is so overlooked these days, probably because people are more used to him from his t.v. work. It's a shame because he was a genius of the form.

quote:

Just had a quick look and will comment properly later, but happy to see L&H at 20. Sons might not be my pick for the best performances (but really it's hard to separate a great number of their films in terms of how good they are within them) but so happy they made it.

Thought you'd be pleased. [:D]

Gimli The Dwarf -> RE: 200 Favourite Comedy Performances (2/12/2012 12:13:52 PM)

Makes up for Murray being so high [:D]

impqueen -> RE: 200 Favourite Comedy Performances (2/12/2012 12:21:35 PM)

quote:

quote:

Woody's routine, 'The Moose', is quite possibly the most perfectly delivered piece of stand-up ever. With the title track of Cosby's album the second finest. Both are amazing pieces of story-telling. Cosby's early stand-up is so overlooked these days, probably because people are more used to him from his t.v. work. It's a shame because he was a genius of the form.

Iíve not seen any Woody Allen stand-up or Albert Brooks. Iíve seen Hicks which I thought was very funny but couldnít tell you the specifics. Iíve yet to see your namesake and growing up we had several Cosby LPs and there are moments entrenched in my psyche, he made me laugh a lot but I again couldnít specify a particular album.   [:)]

scarface666brooksy!! -> RE: 200 Favourite Comedy Performances (2/12/2012 12:44:59 PM)

quote:

28. Rowan Atkinson - Blackadder (T.V.; 1983 - 1989)

Amazing.

quote:

18. Kelsey Grammer - Cheers/Frasier (T.V.; 1984 - 2004)

17. Jason Alexander - Seinfeld (T.V.; 1990 - 1998)

Jason Alexander was the best thing about Seinfeld by miles and Grammer is just amazing. Shouts-out to Sideshow Bob as well.

quote:

8. David Hyde Pierce - Frasier (T.V.; 1993 - 2004)

5. Bill Murray - Groundhog Day (Film; 1993)

3. Cary Grant - His Girl Friday (Film; 1940)

2. Richard Pryor - Live in Concert (Stand-up; 1979)

All superb, except I've never seen Live In Concert from Pryor but I've seen some of his other stand-up and it's amazing.

I've seen segments or parts of a lot of the entries from this list but not all of it. Like I can personally semi-vouch for the fact that Mitch Hedberg and Bill Hicks are brilliant but I haven't seen enough of their stuff to have a full opinion in a way. Maybe I'm just crazy I don't know irrelevant of any ramblings, great list Rawls.

P.S. I'm listening to Rant in E-Minor as we speak.

rawlinson -> RE: 200 Favourite Comedy Performances (2/12/2012 1:06:45 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

Iíve not seen any Woody Allen stand-up or Albert Brooks. Iíve seen Hicks which I thought was very funny but couldnít tell you the specifics. Iíve yet to see your namesake and growing up we had several Cosby LPs and there are moments entrenched in my psyche, he made me laugh a lot but I again couldnít specify a particular album.†††[:)]

Brooks and Allen should be listened to asap. Cosby, the one I picked has a 20 minute long routine about him sharing a bed with his brother when they were children. One of the most vivid and lovingly captured pieces about childhood rivalries I've ever heard.

quote:

Like I can personally semi-vouch for the fact that Mitch Hedberg and Bill Hicks are brilliant but I haven't seen enough of their stuff to have a full opinion in a way. Maybe I'm just crazy I don't know irrelevant of any ramblings, great list Rawls.

Mitch was a genius, I think most people have come across Hicks in some form, but Mitch is still criminally underrated. Is it a first listen for Rant?

Strategic Grill Locations is on Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1-fy35amyM

scarface666brooksy!! -> RE: 200 Favourite Comedy Performances (2/12/2012 11:54:02 PM)

quote:

quote:

Like I can personally semi-vouch for the fact that Mitch Hedberg and Bill Hicks are brilliant but I haven't seen enough of their stuff to have a full opinion in a way. Maybe I'm just crazy I don't know irrelevant of any ramblings, great list Rawls.

Mitch was a genius, I think most people have come across Hicks in some form, but Mitch is still criminally underrated. Is it a first listen for Rant?

Strategic Grill Locations is on Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1-fy35amyM

The amount of people who post stuff from Bill Hicks and don't know who he is ridiculous. And yeah it is a first listen for Rant, it's brilliant so far.

I'll get onto SGL later [:)]

Edit: Just finished Rant In E-Minor and it was superb. I also watched Louis CK's Chewed Up and loved it as well.

stelmark -> RE: 200 Favourite Comedy Performances (3/12/2012 6:52:36 AM)

Did anyone mention Peter Sellers in The Party?
Funny, funny film! [:D]

Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI