Katy Perry Appreciation Society (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Audiophile

vad3r -> Katy Perry Appreciation Society (27/9/2012 6:34:47 PM)

[image]http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/10/24/katyperrykevinwintergetty.jpg[/image]

Boom, boom, boom
Even brighter than the moon, moon, moon
It's always been inside of you, you, you
And now it's time to let it through-ough-ough

Anyone else excited for her third album? Any other fans of the Greatest Female Pop Artist Ever? [image]http://odsphpgenerator.lapinator.net/imgs/copyright_logo.png[/image]

[image]http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/60133069/Katy+Perry+Katy.jpg[/image]

<3

MonsterCat -> RE: Katy Perry Appreciation Society (27/9/2012 8:19:47 PM)

I'm not a fan of her music, but she's clearly a gorgeous woman and she seems like a fun person to be around with.

In interviews most musicians/songwriters act as if their job is a real chore, but she comes across like she enjoys it. Fair play to her.

EDIT: I should also add that I think she can sing, but again the music isn't very good.

Fluke Skywalker -> RE: Katy Perry Appreciation Society (27/9/2012 8:55:53 PM)

I think she's the best female pop star of recent years operating in a pretty tough market with about a million rivals. Sexy and has a personality - shits all over the likes of Lady Gaga whose mediocre songs are glossed over by her fashion choices.

superdan -> RE: Katy Perry Appreciation Society (27/9/2012 9:14:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fluke Skywalker

I think she's the best female pop star of recent years operating in a pretty tough market with about a million rivals. Sexy and has a personality - shits all over the likes of Lady Gaga whose mediocre songs are glossed over by her fashion choices.

I actually disagree. I'm not much of a fan of Lady Gaga but I think her music destroys Perry's, and Perry is hardly short of an outrageous costume choice or two herself. From what I've seen of Gaga in interviews she's not short of character either, and she seems much drier, more self-aware and self-deprecating than the bubble-headed earnestness of Perry. I'd argue that Perry's mediocre songs and robotic dance moves are glossed over by her bewbs, tbh. They are spectacular tho.

vad3r -> RE: Katy Perry Appreciation Society (27/9/2012 9:38:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fluke Skywalker

I actually disagree. I'm not much of a fan of Lady Gaga but I think her music destroys Perry's, and Perry is hardly short of an outrageous costume choice or two herself. From what I've seen of Gaga in interviews she's not short of character either, and she seems much drier, more self-aware and self-deprecating than the bubble-headed earnestness of Perry. I'd argue that Perry's mediocre songs and robotic dance moves are glossed over by her bewbs, tbh. They are spectacular tho.

???????????????????

''Lady Gaga'' is a pretentious egomaniac poser who thinks she's artsy and prances around on stage like she's the second coming. Her lyrics are cringeworthy, she has no warmth or personality, everything about her is manufactured. There is no reason to wear dresses made of meat or Kermit the Frog.

Please don't compare Katy Perry to that talentless bimbo. Yes her fashion choices are quirky, but that's also reflected in her personality and music. She's progressing what The Smiths were revolutionising in the 80's, making depressing pop music with intelligence and humility.

superdan -> RE: Katy Perry Appreciation Society (27/9/2012 9:55:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: vad3r
Please don't compare Katy Perry to that talentless bimbo.

Fluke, vad3r is talking to you [:D]

quote:

''Lady Gaga'' is a pretentious egomaniac poser who thinks she's artsy and prances around on stage like she's the second coming.

Which of course makes her utterly unique as a pop star.

quote:

Her lyrics are cringeworthy

Yes, if only she'd released a song like Ur So Gay.

quote:

she has no warmth or personality

Warmth, perhaps. Personality she has in abundance, as I said it comes across in the interviews I've seen.

quote:

everything about her is manufactured. There is no reason to wear dresses made of meat or Kermit the Frog.

Katy Perry is manufactured to fuck. Her candyapple and pastel Disney cartoon costumes and hairdos are just as contrived as anything Gaga does. It's just not as imaginative.

quote:

Yes her fashion choices are quirky, but that's also reflected in her personality and music.

Just as applicable to Gaga.

quote:

She's progressing what The Smiths were revolutionising in the 80's, making depressing pop music with intelligence and humility.

Shit, sorry, I got all the way to here before I realised you were taking the piss [:D]

vad3r -> RE: Katy Perry Appreciation Society (27/9/2012 10:15:03 PM)

We'll agree to disagree as always, friend.

I don't see any appeal that Gaga has. Unique does not = good (Jedward are unique). I find her, her music, her voice, her interviews, her live shows, her fans and everything else about her annoying, fake and crap.

Teenage Dream is about as perfect a pop album you can get.

directorscut -> RE: Katy Perry Appreciation Society (27/9/2012 10:19:30 PM)

Stop being so ridic peeps.

I'm not a fan of Lady Gaga's more outrageous forms of "expression" or whatever, and I probably dislike as many songs of hers as I do like, but when she hits she can knock a pop tune out of the park like few others out there at the moment. To call her talentless is tripe.

I haven't heard a song by Katy Perry that comes close to Laga Gaga's best.

My biggest problem with Katy Perry is that she markets herself to a young girl audience and quite a few of her lyrics are wholly inappropriate for that demographic.

vad3r -> RE: Katy Perry Appreciation Society (27/9/2012 10:29:37 PM)

[image]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3210/2870771347_47e8be89a3.jpg[/image]

In another life
I would be your girl
We'd keep all our promises
Be us against the world

In another life
I would make you stay
So I don't have to say
You were the one that got away
The one that got away

[image]http://www2.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/DirecTV+SXSW+Live+Broadcast+Day+2+VGu2XkLmktWl.jpg[/image]

Do you ever feel like a plastic bag,
Drifting through the wind
Wanting to start again?
Do you ever feel, feel so paper thin
Like a house of cards,
One blow from caving in?

Do you ever feel already buried deep?
6 feet under screams but no one seems to hear a thing
Do you know that there's still a chance for you
'Cause there's a spark in you

[image]http://www2.pictures.fp.zimbio.com/KATY+PERRY+Live+Concert+Berlin+z8byJ1QTrTkl.jpg[/image]

You don't have to feel like a wasted space
You're original, cannot be replaced
If you only knew what the future holds
After a hurricane comes a rainbow

Maybe your reason why all the doors are closed
So you could open one that leads you to the perfect road
Like a lightning bolt, your heart will glow
And when it's time, you'll know

vad3r -> RE: Katy Perry Appreciation Society (27/9/2012 10:42:12 PM)

[image]http://forominiseries.net/imagenes/movies/Katy.Perry.jpg[/image]

Was robbed at the Oscars. Should have at least been nominated for best picture and actress.

vad3r -> RE: Katy Perry Appreciation Society (27/9/2012 10:50:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

Stop being so ridic peeps.

I'm not a fan of Lady Gaga's more outrageous forms of "expression" or whatever, and I probably dislike as many songs of hers as I do like, but when she hits she can knock a pop tune out of the park like few others out there at the moment. To call her talentless is tripe.

I haven't heard a song by Katy Perry that comes close to Laga Gaga's best.

My biggest problem with Katy Perry is that she markets herself to a young girl audience and quite a few of her lyrics are wholly inappropriate for that demographic.

You're confusing her with Miley Cyrus or Justin Bieber.

Harry Tuttle -> RE: Katy Perry Appreciation Society (28/9/2012 9:36:50 AM)

quote:

We'll agree to disagree as always, friend.

I don't see any appeal that Gaga has. Unique does not = good (Jedward are unique). I find her, her music, her voice, her interviews, her live shows, her fans and everything else about her annoying, fake and crap.

Teenage Dream is about as perfect a pop album you can get.

No they're not, there's 2 of them [&:].

I do like me some Katy Perry, not too keen on the songs though.

SwozTheRevenge -> RE: Katy Perry Appreciation Society (28/9/2012 10:45:01 AM)

I liked it when Miss Katy Hudson was still a shitty Christian Pop-Gospel singer because then I had an additional reason to find everything about her utterly repulsive.

Greatest Female Pop Artist Ever?
Madonna is outside your shed with a spiked bat.

jcthefirst -> RE: Katy Perry Appreciation Society (28/9/2012 12:24:03 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

quote:

Unique does not = good (Jedward are unique).

No they're not, there's 2 of them [&:].

Post of the week.

tommyjarvis -> RE: Katy Perry Appreciation Society (28/9/2012 12:58:00 PM)

Hot N Cold is a tune. Everything else can f*** off.

I would quite happily give her the worst 30 seconds of her life though.

Rhubarb -> RE: Katy Perry Appreciation Society (28/9/2012 4:30:12 PM)

Its pretty bad when you come into a thread and Directorscut is the voice of reason. I wish Vad3r was more serious though, it seems pointless to respond to him here.

Hot N Cold is quite good, but yeah in general she's not a patch on Gaga.

horribleives -> RE: Katy Perry Appreciation Society (28/9/2012 4:35:46 PM)

I think vad3r's just in awe of her 'cos she's kissed more girls than him.

vad3r -> RE: Katy Perry Appreciation Society (28/9/2012 5:10:23 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rhubarb

Its pretty bad when you come into a thread and Directorscut is the voice of reason. I wish Vad3r was more serious though, it seems pointless to respond to him here.

Hot N Cold is quite good, but yeah in general she's not a patch on Gaga.

Hot N Cold isn't even in her top 10 best songs. Gaga could never dream of making songs like Firework, The One That Got Away, Teenage Dream, Last Friday Night and many more.

She also doesn't have men dry humping her during performances, which almost every other pop act does.

superdan -> RE: Katy Perry Appreciation Society (28/9/2012 5:40:03 PM)

quote:

She also doesn't have men dry humping her during performances, which almost every other pop act does.

Why Vader 3, I had no idea you were such a buttoned-up prude.

donethinking -> RE: Katy Perry Appreciation Society (28/9/2012 6:40:56 PM)

Katy Perry ? catchy bubblegum pop with nice norks, thats about it tho inint..

vad3r -> RE: Katy Perry Appreciation Society (28/9/2012 6:55:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

quote:

Why Vader 3, I had no idea you were such a buttoned-up prude.

It's cringeworthy watching lots of dancers thrust and gyrate around a complete stranger. Any decent artist with integrity will refrain from having such pointless interference.

donethinking -> RE: Katy Perry Appreciation Society (28/9/2012 7:54:45 PM)

quote:

It's cringeworthy watching lots of dancers thrust and gyrate around a complete stranger. Any decent artist with integrity will refrain from having such pointless interference.

I liked that video where she had sparklers coming out of her tits tho, and the one where shes squirting cream from them [;)]

vad3r -> RE: Katy Perry Appreciation Society (28/9/2012 8:03:23 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: donethinking

quote:

I liked that video where she had sparklers coming out of her tits tho, and the one where shes squirting cream from them [;)]

quote:

ORIGINAL: donethinking

Katy Perry ? catchy bubblegum pop with nice norks, thats about it tho inint..

Stop trolling. If you're not a fan of Katy Perry, then why come in and spout nonsense in an appreciation thread. Your nickname is very apt, next time think.

Scruffybobby -> RE: Katy Perry Appreciation Society (28/9/2012 9:09:17 PM)

quote:

Katy Perry to that talentless bimbo. Yes her fashion choices are quirky, but that's also reflected in her personality and music. She's progressing what The Smiths were revolutionising in the 80's, making depressing pop music with intelligence and humility.

Humility huh?

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/file/katy-perry-rider

She's got a couple of half decent songs and and she's easy on the eye but fucking hell she's annoying

Woger -> RE: Katy Perry Appreciation Society (28/9/2012 9:20:37 PM)

It's all gone a bit Spinal tap.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QmLq3KdShA

vad3r -> RE: Katy Perry Appreciation Society (28/9/2012 9:45:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scruffybobby

quote:

Katy Perry to that talentless bimbo. Yes her fashion choices are quirky, but that's also reflected in her personality and music. She's progressing what The Smiths were revolutionising in the 80's, making depressing pop music with intelligence and humility.

Humility huh?

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/file/katy-perry-rider

She's got a couple of half decent songs and and she's easy on the eye but fucking hell she's annoying

That link is irrelevant and doesn't make a point. Those ''instructions'' are written by an artists management and security team. Every big celebrity has a strict team of people around them to cater to their wellbeing. She's not an exception and nothing on there is outside of standard protocol.
As for the 'annoying', I disagree. Most people who aren't even fans of her music will agree that she's humble, down to earth and loves performing for her fans. She was great at hosting SNL recently and showed how likeable and charismatic she is.

MonsterCat -> RE: Katy Perry Appreciation Society (29/9/2012 1:09:17 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: tommyjarvis

I would quite happily give her the worst 30 seconds of her life though.

This doesn't sound like fun for either of you. [sm=augen14.gif]

MonsterCat -> RE: Katy Perry Appreciation Society (29/9/2012 1:20:34 AM)

Also: this thread reminds me of the comments section of every music video on Youtube. They all tend to descend into a random and irrelevant argument about Lady GaGa.

"Godspeed, You Black Emperor sounds like Lady GaGa".

"STFU Godspeed pwn GaGa"

Things like that, really.

UTB -> RE: Katy Perry Appreciation Society (29/9/2012 1:22:03 AM)

My favourite pop stars are the nerds who actually put these songs together. The writers, studio engineers, production teams etc. Rather than the bints who warble over them.

Gaga is better, absolutely. Because the team that write her songs for her are better than the team that write the songs for Perry.

Shifty Bench -> RE: Katy Perry Appreciation Society (29/9/2012 2:47:36 AM)

quote:

Was robbed at the Oscars. Should have at least been nominated for best picture and actress.

Well, considering it wasn't eligible for the 2012 Oscars as it wasn't released before then, it may be in for a shot next year. Cross your fingers, Didn't want to say 'fingers crossed' as people may think I actually agree with you on the Oscars thing [:D]

Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI