First Official The Wolverine Picture (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> First Official The Wolverine Picture (24/9/2012 4:34:59 PM)

Post your comments on this article

the ageless stranger -> It's a start..... (24/9/2012 4:34:59 PM)

No "arms crossed over chest while starting sullenly at the floor" is always good.

a_man_and_his_monkey -> It can't be as bad as Origins... (24/9/2012 5:10:44 PM)

I'm optimistic about this. Number 1 its based on great source material and number 2 it can't be anywhere near as bad as Origins. Can it? Say it isn't so...

durelius -> (24/9/2012 7:34:20 PM)

Looks good guy knows how to get in shape. Whether it can get out of PG13 12A territory though is another thing.

twiddle -> Continuity? (24/9/2012 11:03:14 PM)

Isn't this set in feudal Japan and therefore before all the admantium being added to his body? If so why does he have admantium claws? I am sure someone on the interweb can answer that one for me...thanks in advance.

waltham1979 -> RE: It can't be as bad as Origins... (25/9/2012 9:11:53 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: a_man_and_his_monkey

I'm optimistic about this. Number 1 its based on great source material and number 2 it can't be anywhere near as bad as Origins. Can it? Say it isn't so...

I could squat down in the cinema and take a shit on the floor of the local Odeon and it wouldn't be as bad as watching Origins...

Monkiimagic -> Continuity (25/9/2012 9:39:36 AM)

I think when it comes to Wolverine he has had so many changes and ideas throughout the various comics and origin stories he's had it's hard to keep continuity. The first film was borderline OK although I thought Gambit was rubbish. Hopefully this one will be a lot more interesting and show the meaner side of Wolverine as that's what people want to see and I think Hugh Jackman also wants that.

Wild about Wilder -> RE: Continuity (25/9/2012 10:17:31 AM)

Gotta say judging by the picture old "HUGE" Jackman's certainly not been missing out on the gym time. [sm=ohmy.gif]

burtbondy -> He Looks Smaller (25/9/2012 10:25:29 AM)

Less MUSCLE , MORE VEIN.

AxlReznor -> RE: He Looks Smaller (25/9/2012 11:18:35 AM)

It's not set in feudal Japan. He wasn't even born in the time period of feudal Japan. The story that this film will be based on happened after Wolverine had joined the X-Men (they even show up for his wedding in the story). It was just written at a time when practically all the West knew of Japan were samurai and ninja, so those cliche's were attached to it. [;)] Not that that's a bad thing... it's a classic story for a reason.

AxlReznor -> RE: He Looks Smaller (25/9/2012 11:19:15 AM)

Quoted myself when I should have edited. Sorry.

dannyfletch -> Looks promising (25/9/2012 6:08:43 PM)

Good pic and by the sounds of this version we should have a winner on our hands. It's gotta be better than the muddled Origins movie. Fingers crossed and only time will tell!

NeonPegasus_2012 -> RE: First Official The Wolverine Picture (25/9/2012 8:08:30 PM)

Haven't we seen him as Wolverine in 4 other movies? How is this different? Either way I am still pumped about this one

BenTramer -> (27/9/2012 7:43:47 PM)

He looks like Bruce Lee in that photo, ripped to within an inch of his life. X-Men: First Class raised the bar for X-Men movies big time and this had better bring its A-game or will suck like Origins did.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI