Dragon Age 3 Announced (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad

Harry Tuttle -> Dragon Age 3 Announced (18/9/2012 4:04:13 PM)

CLICK ME!!!

Set to arrive late in 2013. Does that mean this gen has another full year in it then?

Anyway this news surprised me. Mainly because I started my 2nd attempt at a second playthrough of Dragon Age 2 only the other day. What a coincedence. Here's hoping DA3 is more like DA:O than the sequel though. There were things I did like about the 2nd installment (The skill tree and the possibilities the refined combat system opened up, that were unfortunately never properly explored) but for the most part it was a monumental disappointment. Shit characters, shit story, stripped down inventory system, god awful fetch quests, lack of variety in dungeons etc.

DA2 was a day one purchase for me off the back of Origins. Off the back of DA2 I'm going to be waiting for the reviews to come in for this.

Rhubarb -> RE: Dragon Age 3 Announced (18/9/2012 4:28:47 PM)

Never really got to grips with Dragon Age in the way that I did with Mass Effect. Might give the first two another go before the third though in this case, after the glut of games over the winter.

Harry Tuttle -> RE: Dragon Age 3 Announced (18/9/2012 4:34:06 PM)

The first Dragon Age would probably be in my top 3-5 games of this gen and my top 10 games of all time. It's amazing.

The 2nd one isn't.

Fluke Skywalker -> RE: Dragon Age 3 Announced (18/9/2012 5:15:10 PM)

The first one is probably my fav game of all time. I actually really enjoyed the second one despite it being inferior, I think everyone had slagged it off so much I was expecting a complete pile of shit, but as it turned out we still got the standard Bioware focus on plot and dialogue which made up for the disappointingly samey environments.

I'll definately be getting a hold of DA3 when it arrives

sroey -> RE: Dragon Age 3 Announced (19/9/2012 7:53:28 AM)

DA2 was good - but the story wasn't as epic as the first and seemed very small in scale.

I'll be interested to see what the Frostbite engine brings to the table.

Looking forward to this.

Harry Tuttle -> RE: Dragon Age 3 Announced (19/9/2012 11:11:42 AM)

Bioware co-founders Ray "Lift" Muzyka and Greg Zeschuck announce their retirement.

CLICK

Hmm, I wonder if this is "pissed off with EA" related or if they're genuinely "looking for new challenges" [sm=33.gif].

If it's the former they should have thought about that before selling their soul.

Also, Bioware are hinting at a new Mass Effect game as well as further DLC for ME3.

CLICK

[image]http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/9789/13462066.jpg[/image]

They dropped the ball on the last one, broke a lot of promises and served up a load of crap thinking it was an adequate ending to over 150 hours of gameplay. For that reason, I'm out.

directorscut -> RE: Dragon Age 3 Announced (19/9/2012 1:02:55 PM)

You're beginning to sound a lot like me Tuttle. [:D]

quote:

"Iíve reached an unexpected point in my life where I no longer have the passion that I once did for the company, for the games, and for the challenge of creation," Zeschuk writes,

I WONDER WHY!

Scott_ -> RE: Dragon Age 3 Announced (19/9/2012 1:05:44 PM)

More Mass Effect? Yay! Ending was shite but I still like the Universe that was built, I'm down for more. Dragon Age 3? No thanks, the first is one of the worst games I've ever played. Hated it. [:D]

Harry Tuttle -> RE: Dragon Age 3 Announced (19/9/2012 1:13:00 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

You're beginning to sound a lot like me Tuttle. [:D]

[image]http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/24972179.jpg[/image]

What can I say, the ending of Mass Effect 3 broke me.

I still think ME2 was great though.

sharkboy -> RE: Dragon Age 3 Announced (21/9/2012 10:01:25 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

The first Dragon Age would probably be in my top 3-5 games of this gen and my top 10 games of all time. It's amazing.

The 2nd one isn't.

The first Dragon Age game has probably been the single most satisfying console experience for me until Skyrim emerged and I'd definitely put it in my top 5 all-time favourites.  The sequel was OK as a stand-alone game, but compared to the first game it was seriously flawed.  That's not to say that some elements hadn't improved. but overall it was a bit of a disappointment, and a definite low for Bioware.  But, RPG sucker that I am, DA3 will probably end up a day one purchase anyway.  Maybe by then I'll have finally got round to playing ME2 and 3, the former of which was another disappointing day one purchase that just paled by comparison with the original outing, and which I just couldn't motivate myself to generate any interest for.

Fluke Skywalker -> RE: Dragon Age 3 Announced (21/9/2012 12:38:02 PM)

You have to play ME2, it's inferior to the first but still a killer game.

rich -> RE: Dragon Age 3 Announced (21/9/2012 12:44:45 PM)

Not played DA Origins, not planning to get involved now.

Fluke Skywalker -> RE: Dragon Age 3 Announced (21/9/2012 12:46:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich

It's great - pick it up on the cheap you won't regret it

Peter Griffin -> RE: Dragon Age 3 Announced (21/9/2012 1:42:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fluke Skywalker

quote:

This, i played through it 6 times, great game.

Harry Tuttle -> RE: Dragon Age 3 Announced (21/9/2012 1:48:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peter Griffin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fluke Skywalker

quote:

This, i played through it 6 times, great game.

Another this. I played through it fully 4 times. More than I've done with any other RPG ever. In fact there isn't another game this gen, of any genre, that I've completed as many times. Not even Mass Effect 1 and that's game of this generation for me (and top 5 of all time for sure).

directorscut -> RE: Dragon Age 3 Announced (21/9/2012 3:05:11 PM)

If you're getting DA:O be sure to get the PC version.

Harry Tuttle -> RE: Dragon Age 3 Announced (26/9/2012 9:11:13 PM)

Finished DA2 the other day and I was quite surprised by how much more I enjoyed it 2nd time around. It's still a huge disappointment compared to the first and it has some major flaws (recycled dungeons and lack of companion personalisation being huge for me) but the story ends on a really interesting note. The potential for a great story is definitely there for DA3, it could also tie the 2 pretty disparate games together. Seeing as both The Hero of Ferelden and The Champion of Kirkwall have both disappeared at the end of DA2 it definitely sets the stage for the stories of both games to be brought together.

Hopefully I never have to see Aveline or Merrill again though. By far the 2 most annoying companions that survived the end of DA2. They weren't as bad as moany McTwatface Anders though (who I took great pleasure in killing). Why they had to make the only decent healing mage a mewling quim is beyond me. He almost made Knight-Commander Meredith palatable.

directorscut -> RE: Dragon Age 3 Announced (26/9/2012 9:31:13 PM)

Aveline was the one character I liked (maybe Sebastian too), as she was the only one that felt like a real person and not a blatant attempt at fan service.

Ref -> RE: Dragon Age 3 Announced (26/9/2012 9:58:26 PM)

Like many have stated in this thread, DA:O was a great game (one of my favourite RPGs), but the second was meh. I would have preferred if they decided to carry on with the Warden's rather than Hawke's storyline, but we shall find out next year if they've chosen...wisely, Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Harry Tuttle -> RE: Dragon Age 3 Announced (27/9/2012 10:41:37 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

Aveline was the one character I liked (maybe Sebastian too), as she was the only one that felt like a real person and not a blatant attempt at fan service.

I hated her, far too straight laced for me. Sebastian was alright, his banter with Fenris was pretty funny. He was a bit too pious though and his bigotry towards mages was pretty extreme (can't blame him though, he did have to endure spending time with Anders).

In the next game I wouldn't mind seeing Fenris, Varric and possibly Isabella return. Granted, Isabella was a bit of a cartoon character but her and Varric were the only 2 companions that didn't have a stick up their ass. Fenris is just a beast, his combat prowess makes Aveline pretty pointless IMO.

It's going to be interesting to see how the 3rd one plays. By the looks of it it's going to be a straight choice between Mages and the Templars so I wonder if there's a possibility of not having a mage in your party if you choose the Templars side. In my last playthrough I was siding with the Templars to mop up the final cheevs and I always found it stupid that Anders would choose to associate with me in any way, shape or form.

Peter Griffin -> RE: Dragon Age 3 Announced (27/9/2012 5:33:42 PM)

Please be as good as the first, please be as good as the first, please be as good as the first....

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI