Who's your favourite "family" coming from a film franchise? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings

Bloke from Oz -> Who's your favourite "family" coming from a film franchise? (18/9/2012 1:48:46 PM)

What I am talking about is, which film franchise family has good chemistry and audience appeal? Would you continue to come back for more installments based on this?

Note that I use the word "family" in the broadest sense of terms; I'm speaking about the principal cast of any (ensemble) franchise. Examples would be:

Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, The Muppets, Star Trek (original or otherwise), Star Wars (either trilogy, or you can consider the entire saga), Spider-Man or even Scream, The Expendables or Twilight. [sm=engel27.gif]

I particularly enjoy The Muppets; loved the last movie and made me wanting more. I didn't mind LOTR and Harry Potter wasn't too bad either.

sharkboy -> RE: Who's your favourite "family" coming from a film franchise? (18/9/2012 2:22:42 PM)

The Corleone family.  But after the third offering, I'd need some assurances before venturing into the cinema for another installment.  Like, for example, any involvement of Sofia Coppola would remain firmly behind the camera.

Hood_Man -> RE: Who's your favourite "family" coming from a film franchise? (18/9/2012 5:57:21 PM)

The Jedi Order. Stern, disciplined, but if I ever get into a fight I've got thousands of well trained warriors with super powers and lightsabers on my side.

vad3r -> RE: Who's your favourite "family" coming from a film franchise? (18/9/2012 6:08:02 PM)

TCM:

[image]http://www.homecinemachoice.com/sites/18/images/article_images_month/2012-01/tcm%2074%2001.jpg[/image]

Remind me of my own.

Bad Ash -> RE: Who's your favourite "family" coming from a film franchise? (21/9/2012 10:46:47 AM)

The Tackleberry family from Police Academy! Constantly beating the shit out of eachother! If ever there was an obvious spin-off that's gone wanting it's this!!

Too late now though as poor old David Graff is brown bread! [:(]

Shifty Bench -> RE: Who's your favourite "family" coming from a film franchise? (21/9/2012 10:58:36 AM)

Well, it's too late now because the films were almost 30 years ago [:D]

Also, it wasn't actually Tackleberry's family, it was his in-laws, so that would be one way of getting round Graf's absence. But again, it is something that should have been made a couple of decades ago. [:)]

Mojo -> RE: Who's your favourite "family" coming from a film franchise? (21/9/2012 11:47:24 AM)

[image]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_phBOd0eRUr8/TJe4qYzmmuI/AAAAAAAABV0/w3kXoA4jpM4/s1600/serenity-movie-still-13.jpg[/image]

shool -> RE: Who's your favourite "family" coming from a film franchise? (21/9/2012 1:35:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mojo

[image]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_phBOd0eRUr8/TJe4qYzmmuI/AAAAAAAABV0/w3kXoA4jpM4/s1600/serenity-movie-still-13.jpg[/image]

Good call.

jonson -> RE: Who's your favourite "family" coming from a film franchise? (21/9/2012 1:57:11 PM)

The Griswalds

Whenever I'm in London I make a point of saying to my kids "hey kids, Big Ben and the House of Parliament...................hey kids, Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament...................hey kids, Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament" to which they look at me oddly, as they do.
I suppose it would help if they'd seen European Vacation. [:D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI