Resident Evil Attacks The US Box Office (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Resident Evil Attacks The US Box Office (16/9/2012 9:52:02 PM)

Post your comments on this article

dannyfletch -> More proof that U.S box office counts for shit! (16/9/2012 9:52:02 PM)

Almost every film that fails in the U.S ( like the excellent Prometheus ) ends up being a great film. This is further proof that any old shit will make it to the top over there!

Mulholland Empire -> Empire magazine, same old opinions (17/9/2012 7:55:00 AM)

It's not very often that I comment on articles on this site but why do I get the feeling that with the Resident Evil movies Empire have already decided on a score before they have even watched the movie?
Now I'm not claiming that the series is high art but they are entertaining blends of action and horror with a great lead actress and always impress with their scope and scale.

No disrespect to the previous person that posted but Prometheus was most likely a dissapointment at the U.s. box office as it was full of plot holes (two scientists can't find their way out of a cave and back to a ship even with their sophisticated mapping equipment?), character development that made no sense (same two scientists who were terrified of the black goop then try to befrend the snake creature from it). At the end how come Charlize Theron couldn't figure out to run sideways to void the spaceship squishing her?

The best scene in the film (Noomi Rapace performing surgery on herself) was cheapened by the fact that five minutes later she is jumping around!

Sorry to go off on a bit of a tangent there but Prometheus was one of the biggest dissapointments in years (and I am a huge Ridley Scott fan). So to get back to my first point, I hope Empire will keep an open mind when they do review Resident Evil but sadly I think their long running dislike for the series has already made up their minds before they even watch the film.

Wild about Wilder -> (17/9/2012 9:31:27 AM)

Looks like this (hopefully) could be the final nail in the coffin for this Series what a shame for poor Paul WS Anderson (NOT!!!)

AxlReznor -> RE: (17/9/2012 10:36:03 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wild about Wilder

Looks like this (hopefully) could be the final nail in the coffin for this Series what a shame for poor Paul WS Anderson (NOT!!!)

I'm not a big fan of the Resident Evil series (though I don't hate is as much as most seem to), but how exactly can getting to the top of the US box office be considered the "final nail in the coffin" for this or any other series? In which planet does a profitable movie herald the end of a franchise?

Nicky C -> Re: More proof that U.S box office counts for shit! (17/9/2012 2:32:02 PM)

Prove it. Where's you evidence for such a sweeping generalisation? It's proof that there's a lot of people who don't know a good movie from their own *sshole and will watch anything that has a strong enough marketing campaign or franchise attachment. For instance ... people who thought Prometheus was any good. LOL.

Wild about Wilder -> RE: RE: (18/9/2012 10:08:48 AM)

How is it exactly profitable when it cost $65m to make & only managed to take $21m at the box-office & that includes increased prices for it being shown only in 3D.
Also not exactly sure BUT! I reckon that weekend opening is a fair bit down on the last one?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI