What's the best version of Hallelujah? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Audiophile

Larry of Arabia -> What's the best version of Hallelujah? (16/9/2012 4:30:16 PM)

I know I'm missing the boat a bit, what with the Crimbo No.1 kerfuffle being a few years ago, but I've been listening to John Cale and Jeff Buckley's versions together over the last couple of days. It changes between them frequently but I'm kind of decided on Cale's version as my favourite at the mo. Sorry Leonard, but your original version can jog on.

Rhubarb -> RE: What's the best version of Hallelujah? (16/9/2012 5:17:29 PM)

I actually like Laughing Len's the best. But I like most of the versions to be honest.

Toby Monroe -> RE: What's the best version of Hallelujah? (18/9/2012 12:32:50 PM)

I never really cared for the Oakenfold club mix that most of the kids digged, 'cause he scrubbed out that menacing intro which sounded even better when slowed down to 33rpm.

SilentBob -> RE: What's the best version of Hallelujah? (18/9/2012 10:13:27 PM)

I'm beaten to the Happy Mondays comment already. I like the club mix followed by the MacColl mix.

horribleives -> RE: What's the best version of Hallelujah? (18/9/2012 10:18:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SilentBob

I'm beaten to the Happy Mondays comment already. I like the club mix followed by the MacColl mix.

I like it when they do it live and it's kind of a hybrid of the two.

Larry of Arabia -> RE: What's the best version of Hallelujah? (18/9/2012 11:40:59 PM)

This thread hasn't been the roaring success I'd hoped for...

[image]http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4wroqWGcq1rpntky.gif[/image]

[:D]

losthighway -> RE: What's the best version of Hallelujah? (3/10/2012 11:12:39 AM)

I HATE Jeff Buckley's version. That guy couldn't sing for shit imho!

Leonard Cohen's version is good.

Rufus Wainwright's version is very good.

KD Lang's version is stunning and by far the best.

...And lets just forget that monstrosity of a Christmas single from the other year! [:'(][:'(][:'(]

Harley Quinn -> RE: What's the best version of Hallelujah? (3/10/2012 2:12:03 PM)

Jeff Buckley's version every time.

paul_ie86 -> RE: What's the best version of Hallelujah? (6/10/2012 10:01:46 PM)

Leonard Cohen's is the best. Regina Spektor's is the best cover.

Biggus -> RE: What's the best version of Hallelujah? (11/10/2012 10:10:08 PM)

John Cale.

Lazy wolf eyes -> RE: What's the best version of Hallelujah? (20/10/2012 10:17:54 PM)

I change my mind frequently, it depends on my mood. I love Cohen's version and I think it's vaguely amusing that he's known for being the king of misery, but his is the only version that has that uplifting last verse. When you take that verse away, the song changes completely.

Cale's is beautiful and Buckley's has a perfect mix of Cohen's bitterness with Cale's heartbreak.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI