Koi No Yokan - Deftones (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Audiophile

horribleives -> Koi No Yokan - Deftones (11/9/2012 12:47:49 PM)

New album out in November.
I've got nothing to add other than this news makes me very happy.

horribleives -> RE: Koi No Yokan - Deftones (14/11/2012 12:25:16 AM)

What a beautifully mesmeric album.
Fucking awesome stuff.

Karl Crutchley -> RE: Koi No Yokan - Deftones (14/11/2012 3:53:41 PM)

when was it released?
And to which of the Deftones earlier work would you compare it musically?
Or is it more like Chino's side project +++ (crosses)?

horribleives -> RE: Koi No Yokan - Deftones (14/11/2012 4:24:47 PM)

Came out on monday. It's probably most similar to Saturday Night Wrist though it has a focus and cohesion that was missing from that brilliant but flawed record.
In terms of quality, I'd say it's the closest thing to White Pony, no contest.
There's only really one track (the brilliant closer What Happened To You?) that recalls Crosses or Team Sleep.

losthighway -> RE: Koi No Yokan - Deftones (14/11/2012 5:00:12 PM)

I've got all of Deftones albums, seen them live and I do enjoy their more atmospheric tracks but I was never convinced by the White Pony loving and I actuallly prefer their self-titled album. Having heard most of this playing in Fopp the other day I'd say it's on a par with Diamond Eyes, which I sadly found instantly forgettable. Will pick it up when the price drops.

Karl Crutchley -> RE: Koi No Yokan - Deftones (15/11/2012 11:20:53 AM)

I really liked Diamond Eyes, particularly "You've Seen The Butcher" "CMND/CTRL" & "Rocket Skates"
Enjoyed it much more than Saturday Night Wrist.
Will still get this new one at some point, as I have more pressing matters to attend to first.... (the clue is in my avatar)

emogeek -> RE: Koi No Yokan - Deftones (15/11/2012 1:12:48 PM)

Was not a big fan of Diamond Eyes - found it generally dull and uninspired, although given that it was put together to replace Eros in the wake of Chi's accident, you can forgive them for dropping the ball.

Absolutely loving the new one, although, due to the annoying fact that my train journey was not quite long enough, I've still not heard it all the way through (a fact that will be rectified on my drive home tonight!)

Lost count of the number of times I've seen them live, but that will be added to in February - plus, they're back at the Academy in Manchester rather than the Apollo - don't know why, but the two occasions that I have seen them at the Apollo have been pretty lacklustre.

chris_scott01 -> RE: Koi No Yokan - Deftones (15/11/2012 10:37:28 PM)

I can't get enough of "Entombed". I'm pretty sure it's not just the novelty of new songs and this is one of their best songs for me.

Skiba -> RE: Koi No Yokan - Deftones (21/11/2012 8:18:30 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: chris_scott01

I can't get enough of "Entombed". I'm pretty sure it's not just the novelty of new songs and this is one of their best songs for me.

Entombed is great and I really like Rosemary and Tempest too...I tend to find most of their albums very samey and one-paced, but this isn't.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
3.076172E-02