Andy Murray wins first Major! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics

Hood_Man -> Andy Murray wins first Major! (11/9/2012 2:10:37 AM)

Andy Murray becomes the first British male since Fred Perry to win the US Open, in the second longest US Open final in history [:D]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/19539257

I know we have a sports forum but this is huge! [sm=w00t.gif][sm=w00t.gif]

Qwerty Norris -> RE: Andy Murray wins first Major! (11/9/2012 2:25:06 AM)

Amazing game! Some of the best return play I've ever seen by both players.

Full kudos to Andy; ever since Wimbledon he's found a new focus & completely raised his game. This major will not be his last.

Very proud....[:)]

homersimpson_esq -> RE: Andy Murray wins first Major! (11/9/2012 2:28:04 AM)

The number of people I've seen saying "COME ON MURRAY" on Facebook (no one springs to mind...) I'm amazed he managed to win, given he must have been under an avalanche of cum.

Hood_Man -> RE: Andy Murray wins first Major! (11/9/2012 2:28:56 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

The number of people I've seen saying "COME ON MURRAY" on Facebook (no one springs to mind...) I'm amazed he managed to win, given he must have been under an avalanche of cum.

Uh huh [:D]

Saltire -> RE: Andy Murray wins first Major! (11/9/2012 3:25:27 AM)

It was a heck of a nervy match, the quality wasn't that great till the end of the fourth set and the fifth when the wind eventually died down, but man was it tense and just as thrilling because of it! God I love tennis! [:D]

homersimpson_esq -> JUST (11/9/2012 3:32:58 AM)

I didnt actually see it. I just saw all the FB statae...

donethinking -> RE: JUST (11/9/2012 8:42:13 AM)

Accch I never doubted him for a second!
Brilliant [:D]

TwistedAnimator -> RE: JUST (11/9/2012 10:00:50 AM)

I just find it amusing that he's British when he wins, but Scottish when he looses [>:]

bub -> RE: JUST (11/9/2012 5:52:49 PM)

As a hater of Murray I now have something else to mourn on 9/11

boaby -> RE: JUST (11/9/2012 6:59:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bub

As a hater of Murray I now have something else to mourn on 9/11

Phuck me.

[sm=happy07.gif]

Yas min Andy min.

DancingClown -> RE: JUST (11/9/2012 7:21:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: TwistedAnimator

I just find it amusing that he's British when he wins, but Scottish when he looses [>:]

Oh, do shut up.

Saltire -> RE: JUST (11/9/2012 7:26:57 PM)

[image]http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Sport/Pix/pictures/2012/9/11/1347354215766/Andy-Murray-008.jpg[/image]

boaby -> RE: JUST (11/9/2012 7:28:37 PM)

Hmmm, that watch looks nice, must get me one of those.

Lucky Day -> RE: JUST (11/9/2012 7:54:22 PM)

quote:

Away and don't talk a load o' Pish.

Super Hans -> RE: Andy Murray wins first Major! (11/9/2012 8:16:12 PM)

Congratulations to the guy - it's great to have a serious Brtitish contender in tennis at last! I'm really happy for him to have finally broke through and won a grand slam, must have been awful coming so close yet being beaten so many times. Hopefully the start of even greater things for Andy Murray!

Nice to have another British success to celebrate - disappointment seems to stick in the mind more than success with British sports, but it's been a really good year.

Hood_Man -> RE: Andy Murray wins first Major! (11/9/2012 8:24:13 PM)

The best thing of all is he really had to give everything he had to take it.

What a wonderful way to win your first major, in an epic 5 set match full of chokes and momentum switches. Quality not withstanding, this match will be remembered for decades [:)]

superdan -> RE: JUST (11/9/2012 9:24:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lucky Day

quote:

Indeed. It's narked me a bit that recently that trope has gone from being something I always thought was a tongue in cheek bit of media-driven banter to something that people actually seem to believe.

DancingClown -> RE: JUST (11/9/2012 9:33:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lucky Day

quote:

Indeed. It's narked me a bit that recently that trope has gone from being something I always thought was a tongue in cheek bit of media-driven banter to something that people actually seem to believe.

Same here, I've never seen any evidence of it. Pretty sure that it's just something that some people simply assume due to the various portions of fish & chips on their shoulders.

boaby -> RE: JUST (11/9/2012 9:42:21 PM)

It chips as in timber and joinery rather than fish.

DancingClown -> RE: JUST (11/9/2012 9:46:30 PM)

Erm....

Hood_Man -> RE: JUST (11/9/2012 10:23:10 PM)

I erm... uhh... Och Aye the Noo?

And yeah, this whole "British winner/Scottish loser" thing is something that I've only ever heard in jest from people on the wind up, or those complaining about it even though it never seems to be said [&:]

Anecdotal evidence I know, but I've yet to ever actually hear it said with any conviction.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI