Analysing Quint's USS Indianapolis Speec (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online

Empire Admin -> Analysing Quint's USS Indianapolis Speec (3/9/2012 12:39:24 PM)

Post your comments on this article

merees -> Quint Speech (3/9/2012 12:39:24 PM)

Priceless!!

leroythemasochist -> quint-essential! (3/9/2012 8:09:34 PM)

probably the first time i realised (and I was 6 at the time) that this movie was WAAAAAY cooler than other stuff out there. I didn't really understand what this crazy old sea dog was rattling on about but he was so unhinged and so utterly compelling to watch at the the same time I just knew this was movie gold. Jaws got me into movies - from that day, I was hooked.
Thank god I was born at the right time!

El-Branden Brazil -> PLEASE... (4/9/2012 8:42:48 AM)

Make movies like they used to in the 70s and early 80s. No more remakes, prequels and other crap! This scene encapsulates all that was great about cinema at that time. Shame it is lost.

BenTramer -> "I'll Never Put On A Lifejacket Again" (5/9/2012 10:22:08 PM)

Give an actor of the caliber of Robert Shaw a speech like this and he'll eat up the screen and he did, drawing you in with those staring blue eyes of his and that hint of craziness in his voice. It's more spellbinding than the shark itself which is just a prop anyway. Most horror directors today focus on CGI props now instead of character and psychology like this masterful piece of writing did and it worked brilliantly.

davidkie -> Shaws best line (7/9/2012 11:10:25 AM)

"...for 15 long years she kept her virginity...not a bad reputation for this vicinity..."

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.757813E-02