The Possession (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews

Empire Admin -> The Possession (31/8/2012 6:22:20 PM)

Post your comments on this article

UTB -> RE: The Possession (31/8/2012 7:43:39 PM)

Does Newman text these reviews in, or something?

Qwerty Norris -> RE: The Possession (31/8/2012 8:49:04 PM)

What do you know? Another mediocre mainstream horror....[8|]

It feels like the genre's in big trouble - somebody please help it out!

TheMightyBlackout -> Laughably awful. (31/8/2012 9:03:27 PM)

It's based on a true story, alright. The true story of the every other time I saw a film as tedious and predictable as this.
Natasha Calis does a reasonable job at long, unnerving stares, but it's a sad day when the best thing about a film is a kid who's not doing anything.

When the final scene closed and the credits appeared on-screen, a ripple of laughter actually went around the cinema. I kid you not.

piginapoke -> RE: Laughably awful. (7/9/2012 10:15:40 AM)

SPOILERS
It was OK. Didn't really have much depth to it but the sense of dread with the box was good (despite the comedic look to the box opening, or was that me?) The effects were restrained which worked well.
Was it me or was the moths bits overplayed (moths in the room, moths out of the mouth) given that it didn't help explain the origins of the person/demon in the box. Thinking about it, there was very little back story about the person/demon unless I missed something.

Bit of a cheap ending or are they holding out for a sequel? How did that car end up so badly written off given that we saw the impact?

2/5

DancingClown -> RE: Laughably awful. (7/9/2012 10:47:59 AM)

Roger Ebert's been raving about this, oddly.

Personally I think the whole 'ghost in a box' thing sounds a little like Joe Hill's 'Heart Shaped Box', which is something I'd much rather see than this.

tomlyn11 -> Re: The Possession (11/9/2012 2:42:39 PM)

Well, my son asked me to go and see the film, mainly to gain a free meal! I thought of it as a cross between a Jewish "Exorcist" and "The Ring". I simply found it entertaining, enough psychological tension and special effects nicely done in the right places, admittadly I haven't been to see a horror film for some time at the cinema.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI