Dennis Quaid (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Actors And Auteurs

filmfan90 -> Dennis Quaid (30/8/2012 1:14:47 PM)

Who doesn't love the Quaid?!

From movies like Dragonheart to Enemy Mine, Dennis Quaid has done his fair share of enjoyable movies. Quaid is definitely an underrated actor, so here's a thread dedicated entirely to him!

I recently saw him in Beneath The Darkness where he plays a genuinely creepy murderous psycho who keeps his dead wife hidden in the house - treating her as though she's very much alive. It's a great performance and easily among his best.

Here's the trailer if you haven't seen it...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ15jvlzyrs

So what do you guys think of Dennis Quaid? Got any favs of his?

[image]http://img2-2.timeinc.net/ew/i/2011/12/21/Beneath-the-Darkness_400.jpg
[/image]

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: Dennis Quaid (30/8/2012 1:37:58 PM)

I was always rather indifferent on Dennis Quaid up until I saw the 1988 thriller D.O.A which pleasantly surprised me.
And I've been meaning to checkout Dreamscape for sometime now,rether its good or not.

UTB -> RE: Dennis Quaid (30/8/2012 8:11:49 PM)

Frequecy is an excellent film with great performances from Quaid and Caviezel. Other than that, Quaid is a bit Tesco Value Harrison Ford.

elab49 -> RE: Dennis Quaid (1/9/2012 7:41:09 PM)

Except for The Big Easy for one - a star-making performance he didn't follow through on. 

matty_b -> RE: Dennis Quaid (1/9/2012 8:37:00 PM)

He's superb in Far From Heaven.

elab49 -> RE: Dennis Quaid (1/9/2012 8:47:53 PM)

Ah, true - excellent performance there too. And Innerspace, Great Balls of Fire. His Doc Holliday was very creditable too. 

Shifty Bench -> RE: Dennis Quaid (3/9/2012 5:45:57 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: UTB

Frequecy is an excellent film

Those five words are so full of truth and awesome. I didn't realise anyone else loved Frequency [:)]

vad3r -> RE: Dennis Quaid (3/9/2012 1:54:00 PM)

I want to look like this at 58.

[image]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-qwrhTWc5fuk/TkR3rPIgAHI/AAAAAAAABZ4/8szKTAB0L9A/s1600/554px-Dennis_Quaid_Blue_Angels%255B1%255D.jpg[/image]

Woger -> RE: Dennis Quaid (6/9/2012 6:50:27 PM)

He had a film called Saviour out about 10 years ago, set during the war in the Balkans. Pretty grim but worth catching.

siegfried -> RE: Dennis Quaid (30/9/2012 4:49:45 AM)

Dennis Quaid tends to be somewhat underrated in my opinion. The first of his films to make a real impression on me was The Big Easy, and I agree that his performances in Frequency (which I think is a fine thriller), and particularly Far From Heaven, are excellent.
I recently caught up with one of his very early films, Breaking Away, in which he played a rebellious teenager from the wrong side of the tracks. Even at that early age there is evidence of a very fine talent.
Sure, he's made a few unfortunate career choices, but in a career spanning more than 35 years, name me one actor who hasn't.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI