Background Downloads??? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire iPad Edition

G.T -> Background Downloads??? (28/8/2012 10:05:31 PM)

I am on the verge of subscribing to Empire on my new iPad, however the lack of background downloads is driving me a bit mad.

I have a slow connection and having to keep the empire app open and active while an issue downloads is just too tedious. I have yet to fully download the sample issue because it just takes far too long for me to sit there staring at it while it downloads.

Please, please, please sort this out Empire...plenty of other mags can do it and to be honest, it's very basic functionality we are talking about here. So basic and fundamental for me that it is a deal breaker and is stopping me from subscribing.

A reply would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks.

James Dyer -> RE: Background Downloads??? (31/8/2012 3:43:08 PM)

Yeah, it drives me nuts as well. I'll see if I can find out why it doesn't work.

G.T -> RE: Background Downloads??? (31/8/2012 4:18:59 PM)

Thanks for the reply James.

Glad to here I'm not alone in my frustration, it's such a small and fixable thing that it's even more irritating. A problem that shouldn't exist.

If you can get on the case and get this problem sorted, I'll definitely subscribe.

Keep us posted?

Linnman -> RE: Background Downloads??? (28/10/2012 9:08:31 AM)

I just subscribed for one year and came across this problem. I can't believe that it won't download without the app open, which means stopping the iPad from going to sleep and leaving it. Any update on fixing this?

Fincher -> RE: Background Downloads??? (4/11/2012 2:48:01 PM)

Any updates?

Fincher -> RE: Background Downloads??? (10/11/2012 4:50:12 PM)

Looks like background downloads is supported in the latest version of Adobes DPS:
http://blogs.adobe.com/digitalpublishing/2012/11/the-latest-release-new-device-support-and-robust-analytics.html

Fincher -> RE: Background Downloads??? (3/12/2012 9:55:08 AM)

Any update on this? [:)]

G.T -> RE: Background Downloads??? (25/1/2013 12:31:08 PM)

So, looks like this has been fixed in the latest update, good stuff Empire.

Now if I can a free copy of Far Cry 3 with my digital sub, I'm sold!!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI