[•REC] 3: Genesis (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews

Empire Admin -> [•REC] 3: Genesis (27/8/2012 11:27:06 AM)

Post your comments on this article

spunkbag -> (27/8/2012 11:27:06 AM)

As a fan of the first 2 REC films when I saw the trailer for REC 3 I was really disappointed. Looks like my assumptions were correct

kumar -> RE: (27/8/2012 9:07:29 PM)

This is a real shame, since the first 2 are fantastic films, the second really twisting things around very early on. Rec 3 obviously changes the setting, but I wonder if Rec 4 will return as an immediate sequel to 2. I hope film makers can restore it to that level, but ill be checking this out when i can, given 1 and 2 are so great. and scary.

burtbondy -> 3d Move Is A Joke (1/9/2012 10:21:41 AM)

literally, they made it into a comedy. I loved the first two and couldn't believe what i was watching.

jackcarlin18 -> A gorylicious prequel (2/9/2012 3:11:09 AM)

I dont know why ther is so much hatred for this film! Fair enough its not hand-held camera and its not based around the same subject. Who cares, thats a good thing! This film was a bold move but personally i think it paid of. The mix of hand-held and normal really made t feel more realistic instead of the whole "turn the camera off!" business, at least now we actually go to see all the action! The film is a completely new take on the zombie style and manages to make things comical whilst still trying to keep things serious. The gore is gorylicious and trashy and the style is somewhat comic book, different but in a good way. Fair enough some things were a little bizarre which have been carried on from the previous film. The whole religious aspect didnt cut well with me and really made me ask myself " why cant they just be normal zombies?" it worked well in the first film so why change now! All that aside it really is an enjoyable and entertaining take on the franchise, it may not be the best but by god is it the biggest blood-fest yet! All that is left to say is theres a scene with a drenched bride, a shiny chainsaw and a lot of zombies! Yes, that is awesome!

kumar -> RE: A gorylicious prequel (13/10/2012 3:02:07 PM)

Rec and Rec 2 are a couple of my favourite horrors and I was hoping for more big things from the third entry. The first managed relentless terror throughout which was sustained in a superb sequel, while also managing to twist things in a way you wouldnt have expected from a standard zombie/infection film. Where does Rec 3 go wrong? Where does it go right.....

I wouldnt have minded the nightime/daylight handheld/traditional switcheroos for this film. It may have even avoided the films becoming too stale early on (see paranormal activity). However, the complete change in tone from the first 2 is absolutely bizarre. The film obviously tries to homage older entries which I would have been partial too after a few beers and pizza, but as a Rec film it really isnt appropriate. It has zero suspense, zero terror, zero fucks given.

Amateurish and completely disappointed and hopes for the 4th planned film are not as enthusiastic.

jcthefirst -> RE: A gorylicious prequel (30/10/2012 1:07:30 PM)

I actually really enjoyed this. Obviously not a patch on 1 and 2, but I thought it expanded the world a bit more and worked well as a prequel. I thought the opening 20 minutes in the handheld format worked well to set up the characters so that they still seemed like real people when we switched to a more traditional film.

Also, I probably shouldn't have found a bloodied bride wielding a chainsaw to be as hot as I did.

And the hearing aid payoff was great too.

YouWillBeUnprepared -> Finally - An appropraite [REC] review from Empire! (30/11/2012 12:09:58 AM)

I love the [REC] films in the order they were made. The third-person cinematic view crushed my heart more than the frightful attempt to make it scary. Clearly, the two spanish directors have lost sight of the classic they made, and now attempt to throw as many tricks, including gore, at the camera for a rollicking 80 minutes. So the gore in affective - if you're in Zombieland - and now, the [REC] series has been ruined. It's lost all sight of realism. First the confusing and infuriating combination of virus' and demon's, now this. Just because it's subtitled, doesn't make it any better. I can't even BARE to think what 'Apocalipsis' has to offer.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI