Actors, directors, producers who really shouldn't get work and those who should get more! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Actors And Auteurs

mclane1 -> Actors, directors, producers who really shouldn't get work and those who should get more! (23/8/2012 9:00:57 PM)

In my view there are actors and directors who really shouldn't be offered work on a regular basis. And those who should get more.
And here we go...

Why?.?
Rob Cohen, Edward norton, mc g , Ben stiller, Ewan mc greggor, Toby emerich, Maggie gyllenhaal, Toby McGuire , clint Eastwood , 50 cent, her out of Juno, don cheedle and Tim burton.

And why not constantly more.??
Edris alba, Ben affleck, and so on, lost the plot now but the general premise of the post is those that are used a lot yet are crap and those great that only pop up now and then. It's a winner!

Shifty Bench -> RE: Actors, directors, producers who really shouldn't get work and those who should get more! (23/8/2012 10:16:36 PM)

Sure there is a thread like this already as is the Unpopular Opinion thread. And that Clint Eastwood, what a hack, eh? Never makes any good films and he is in the same league as McG.......

And it's Idris Elba.

MonsterCat -> RE: Actors, directors, producers who really shouldn't get work and those who should get more! (24/8/2012 12:33:34 AM)

Does 50 Cent get much acting work? His only film is Get Rich or Die of Boredom from Watching this Nonsense, right?

Shifty Bench -> RE: Actors, directors, producers who really shouldn't get work and those who should get more! (24/8/2012 12:59:53 AM)

He's done a few straight to dvd films and was in Righteous Kill with De Niro and Pacino. He'll also be in The Tomb with Stallone and Schwarzenegger next year.

DancingClown -> RE: Actors, directors, producers who really shouldn't get work and those who should get more! (24/8/2012 8:05:12 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: mclane1

In my view there are actors and directors who really shouldn't be offered work on a regular basis. And those who should get more.
And here we go...

Why?.?
Rob Cohen, Edward norton, mc g , Ben stiller, Ewan mc greggor, Toby emerich, Maggie gyllenhaal, Toby McGuire , clint Eastwood , 50 cent, her out of Juno, don cheedle and Tim burton.

Edris alba, Ben affleck, and so on, lost the plot now but the general premise of the post is those that are used a lot yet are crap and those great that only pop up now and then. It's a winner!

What the hell is this drivel?

Saltire -> RE: Actors, directors, producers who really shouldn't get work and those who should get more! (24/8/2012 2:37:49 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

quote:

And here we go...

Why?.?

What the hell is this drivel?

He musta been on the sauce when he wrote it. [:D]

Timbzy -> RE: Actors, directors, producers who really shouldn't get work and those who should get more! (24/8/2012 2:47:09 PM)

quote:

And here we go...

Why?.?

Because that is the way the cookie crumbles.

AmityBodega1977 -> RE: Actors, directors, producers who really shouldn't get work and those who should get more! (25/8/2012 4:38:22 PM)

quote:

And here we go...

Why?.?

Ha! Ha! That list is so perfect! Agree with them all except Burton. A few I've added :

Why?? Jonah Hill, Vince Vaughan, Halle Berry, Charlize Theron, THE CAST OF BRIDESMAIDS!, Will Ferrell, PAUL RUDD

Why not more? Joe Pesci, Mary Elizabeth Masstrantonio, Kevin Costner, Greg Daniels

mclane1 -> RE: Actors, directors, producers who really shouldn't get work and those who should get more! (27/8/2012 6:07:04 PM)

yes the sauce was on

AmityBodega1977 -> RE: Actors, directors, producers who really shouldn't get work and those who should get more! (28/8/2012 1:33:46 AM)

quote:

yes the sauce was on

don't apologies for this thread. as lists go it's a classic in my book. not quite up there with Schindler's List but still great. one glaring omission was Adam Sandler. oh and Kate Beckinsale, as nice a person as she is she should not be acting in films

ElephantBoy -> RE: Actors, directors, producers who really shouldn't get work and those who should get more! (4/9/2012 12:44:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timbzy

quote:

And here we go...

Why?.?

For Maggie's inclusion alone Mclane is an idiot[;)]

AmityBodega1977 -> RE: Actors, directors, producers who really shouldn't get work and those who should get more! (4/9/2012 2:51:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ElephantBoy

quote:

quote:

And here we go...

Why?.?

why not argue the point for the inclusion of Maggie rather than calling him an idiot. it's his viewpoint that's all. personally I think it's pretty spot on

ElephantBoy -> RE: Actors, directors, producers who really shouldn't get work and those who should get more! (6/9/2012 1:38:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AmityBodega1977

quote:

ORIGINAL: ElephantBoy

quote:

quote:

And here we go...

Why?.?

why not argue the point for the inclusion of Maggie rather than calling him an idiot. it's his viewpoint that's all. personally I think it's pretty spot on

Fair point, it is just that regulers here will already know about my love for her work and in genral she is a highly regarded actress who unlike many hollywood stars has done a great range of parts and goes on looking for the deverse roles.

She was the best thing acting wise in Crazy Heart (and I do like the film) she is just commanding and brings so much power and depth to that part, you believe in her character and truly understand when she tells the Bridges character to stay out of her life. Her and James Spader make a wonderful pair in Secretary, yes its a disturbing film but their chelmstry and reading of those roles make it a more tender romantic comedy also. She handles a difficult part very well in World Trade Centre, is very good in the Dark Knight (again in a slightly under written part) and carries the film perfectly in Sherry Baby. Also her work with likes of John Waters, John Sayles, Don Roos and in the second Nanny McPhee movie proves her range. No explain to me how she is not a great actress?

Also it is laughable that he has Affleck on the other list yet is taking Edward Norton to task.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI