The Tragic And Twisted Tale Of The Three Stooges (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online

Empire Admin -> The Tragic And Twisted Tale Of The Three Stooges (23/8/2012 12:02:14 PM)

Post your comments on this article

sipi -> (23/8/2012 12:02:14 PM)

Thanks for that! Been meaning to read up a bit on the Stooges as I had heard loads about them, but never really knew what all the fuss was about. Quite a thrilling read as well. Definitely worth making a decent film out of, I'd say.

spamfiend -> (24/8/2012 9:28:10 AM)

What a fantastic account. I love watching the Stooges and my 13 year old daughter is also an afficiado and it was heartbreaking to read just how poorly they where treated. To be such influences in peoples lives and at the same time to possibly live in fear for their own if they didn't renew contracts was quite harrowing. 'A plumbing we will go' was the first one I ever saw and in my opinion one of the funniest and that is how I will always remember them - with a huge smile!

simonburgess -> Great article but... (25/8/2012 3:05:57 PM)

You left out the third individual implicated in Ted Healy's murder - Pat DiCicco's cousin (and future James Bond producer) Albert R. Broccoli.

jkizzle -> The passing of the stooges (26/8/2012 3:04:06 AM)

I remember watching a biopic a few years back with Paul-Ben Victor as Moe, and Michael Chiklis as Curly, and the fact that these loveable schmucks, who entertained millions, died almost penniliess nearly had me blubbing. Especially poignant was Chiklis's portrayal of Curly dying of cancer which really had me reaching for boxes of kleenex (NO! Not for that you sick puppies! I'm not Frankie Boyle!). A sad state of affairs overall!

churchmany -> What a shame (26/8/2012 8:27:34 AM)

Man, it's too bad these guys didn't make any money, have any positive publicity, raise loving and close families! Just bad upon bad piled on. I wonder if maybe one of them broke a mirror or walked under a ladder.

ANerdyBatgirl -> Seriously? (26/8/2012 2:39:18 PM)

This is a great article except for one thing. "Anyone with a vagina". Really? Guess what. I have a vagina and I frickin love the Stooges. I used to sneak downstairs at 3am to watch the show. I've also talked to girls who like the Stooges so GFTO with that "anyone with a vagina" BS.

buzzcuts -> (30/8/2012 4:02:57 PM)

I am from Indonesia and here we had a legendary comedy trio who made many successful movies back in the 80's which are still popular here to this day. I can clearly see some Three Stooges influences at some level, and who knows how many other acts in other parts of the world were inspired by them.

buzzcuts -> (31/8/2012 2:23:33 PM)

I am from Indonesia and here we had a legendary comedy trio who made many successful movies back in the 80's which are still popular here to this day. I can clearly see some Three Stooges influences at some level, and who knows how many other acts in other parts of the world were inspired by them.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI