First Pics From Chloe Moretz's Carrie (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> First Pics From Chloe Moretz's Carrie (23/8/2012 9:24:31 AM)

Post your comments on this article

TOPOI -> (23/8/2012 9:24:32 AM)

The one thing this comparison does is highlight how good Sissy Spacek's casting was. Her look typified 'outsider' and was slightly alien which served the character perfectly. Chloe's a great actress but it might be hard to replicate that quality for this copy...

ronniem -> Give us a trailer... (23/8/2012 10:17:25 AM)

Chloe Moretz is one of a few young actresses who are seriously talented these days, along with Saoirse Ronan...I'm sure she'll be great. But I'll still miss the split screens though(if they don't use that effect in the new one).

NeoBrowser -> RE: First Pics From Chloe Moretz's Carrie (23/8/2012 10:54:19 AM)

Good god Sissy Spacek is ugly!
This is gonna be a HUGE improvement just on the cast alone

waltham1979 -> (23/8/2012 10:57:38 AM)

No matter how many I see that image of Sissy Spacek drenched in blood, it still gives me the eaaby jeaabies!! I'm actually looking forward to this, as I think the film is ripe for a remake BUT I do disagree with the line "in order to bring any great piece of work written in one era [in this case the 1970s] into the next.". I can understand the move to bring it into the modern era, but I'd actually like to see more films set during the 70's. Dunno why; just my thought of the day!!

BenTramer -> Does Chloe Have "Dirty Pillows" In This One? (23/8/2012 11:16:47 AM)

I like Chloe Moretz a lot, it will be horrible watching her getting bullied by those awful girls in this movie. Even when Carrie gets her revenge, it still feels like a hollow victory. I don't watch the Sissy Spacek version at all because it's just a very depressing movie with people being shitty to one another.

Whistler -> (23/8/2012 11:18:35 AM)

Do you think they used corn syrup?

BatSpider -> I didn't like Carrie (23/8/2012 11:18:51 AM)

...coz it was proper scary (and sad) as a kid, and the ending fucked my shit up.

I like Chloe Moritz and I think she's intelligent and brave enough to bring the part, but overall I'm guessing the remake won't be half as powerful as the original.

BatSpider -> I didn't like Carrie (23/8/2012 11:23:47 AM)

...coz it was proper scary (and sad) as a kid, and the ending fucked my shit up.

I like Chloe Moritz and I think she's intelligent and brave enough to bring the part, but overall I'm guessing the remake won't be half as powerful as the original.

kielerkai -> One of the most boring horror movies ever... (23/8/2012 5:30:44 PM)

...and also one of the most overrated.
Who needs a remake of this anyway?

clarkkent -> (23/8/2012 6:15:26 PM)

Have to say, i don't get the appeal of the original. I recognize the appeal, just don't enjoy it like other films. That said, interested to see how this remake turns out, mostly just to see if they stay true to the opening, something I genuinely can't see happening in this day and age.

dannyfletch -> Pointless! (23/8/2012 10:42:05 PM)

Carrie is not really supposed to be a scary horror, it's more of a tragedy with horror elements. DePalma's version is spot on and near flawless with his unique and brilliant film making skills at the height. He captured the story perfectly and Sissy Spacek's performance is perfect and brilliant as is Piper Laurie as the demented mother. This is a pointless remake and another example of Holloywood desperate for ideas and clutching at straws!

NeoBrowser -> RE: Pointless! (24/8/2012 8:21:38 AM)

I agreed with you on the first line, then you digressed into silly nostalgia. The Spacek version entirely ruined the story by making it all horror, nothing else.
The idea of "getting into Carrie's mind" is something I highly approve of. I always pictured Carrie as a sad lonely Jean Grey, with no control of her powers when they erupt. I am really looking forward to this long overdue remake.

NeoBrowser -> RE: Pointless! (24/8/2012 8:23:10 AM)

I wonder how Nolan would treat a Stephen King story.....

Laurah Flame -> Bit of a weird film ... (26/8/2012 3:29:42 PM)

when i first watched the carrie film i just thought that it was really weird... i got really bored throughout the the start of the film, but the fact that chloe moretz is carrie in the remake may be intresting because she is a great actress. however i hope that for this remake the director strides towards some new adaptations for the film, but also hope that they do not alter the storyline indefinently.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI