16 Of Cinema’s Greatest Slapstick Moments (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online

Empire Admin -> 16 Of Cinema’s Greatest Slapstick Moments (22/8/2012 7:09:53 PM)

Post your comments on this article

elab49 -> RE: 16 Of Cinema’s Greatest Slapstick Moments (22/8/2012 7:16:02 PM)

I guess it shows the paucity of modern examples when the only funny one in the last two decades is a cheat by using a TV show [:D]

iamatractorboy -> (22/8/2012 10:47:55 PM)

The "make 'em laugh" bit from Singin' in the Rain deserves a mention. Well I would call it slapstick anyway!

Osric -> RE: RE: (23/8/2012 9:17:56 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Evil_Bob

Am I the only one who thought that the reason Hedley Lamarr retreated into the toilet was so that he could rub the cream on his face and escape in disguise?

No, you're absolutely right.

JonnyFave -> No Love for Jackie Chan?? (23/8/2012 11:24:41 AM)

Jackie Chan has had plenty of slapstick moments. The bicycle chase from Project A in partcicular is an homage to the silent comedy greats.

simonburgess -> Might I suggest...The Plank? (23/8/2012 1:10:19 PM)

The original 1967 version of "The Plank" was a film rather than a TV short and I thought it was fairly well known as a more recent silent movie.

Eric Sykes and Tommy Cooper star. Jimmy Edwards, Roy Castle, Graham Stark, Stratford Johns, Jim Dale, Jimmy Tarbuck and Hattie Jacques all feature in minor roles.

Notmyrealusername -> chose the wrong Jim Carrey Moment (23/8/2012 2:37:45 PM)

The restaurant kung fu fight in Dumb and Dumber is better

parkerd1968 -> WC Fields (23/8/2012 11:46:08 PM)

Anyone seen the Honest John scene from Six of a Kind? I've shown it to young and old and they've all found it hilarious.

TPM007 -> Nice to see Bean (24/8/2012 12:28:22 PM)

I always thought that the first Bean film is incredibly under-rated, so was very happy to see a scene from the first film mentioned in this list (the second film I agree is awful).

loafroaster -> The John Goodman/Nic Cage fight... (24/8/2012 1:47:57 PM)

...from Raising Arizona always had me in stitches.

cornflake180 -> 16 great moments, but the greatest (24/8/2012 2:07:59 PM)

Laurel & Hardy Trying to deliver a piano, (they have attempted to do this in several films each one a gem so take your pick),
Lee Evans- crutches scene from something about Mary, mous trap scene with Nathan Lane
Jeff Daniels- Dumb and Dumber- Diarrhea scene, licking the ice off the ski lift, etc
Silent Movies stars Harold Loyd, fatty Arbunkle, keystone cops, list goes on.

The one I really disagree with is the rake scene from the Simpsons. Cartoons should not be included, but as they are surley Tom & Jerry should be included before the Sideshow Bob.

DanTDavies -> RE: 16 great moments, but the greatest (24/8/2012 6:20:12 PM)

Sorry but best pie fight is in the Great Race! Hey Professor!!!

Sad that Weekend at Bernie's didn't make the list :(

Also, if we're going to mention TV series [rakes = first class choice by the way] may I suggest Bottom?

stevee -> Greatest (24/8/2012 9:07:29 PM)

I realise that any list is subjective, wo I can for give one glaring omission but two? Not just any two probably the absolute best two.

1) Harold Lloyd - Safety Last - Clock

2) Buster Keaton - Steamboat Bill Jnr - Building.

Up your game

Gort Junior -> It's hard to hit an Emperor (25/8/2012 3:20:28 PM)

Best known for his verbal humour, Woody Allen was not above hitting his female lead over the head with a wine bottle. Frequently.
Not much of a fan this sort of stuff but the schtick between Boris the famous coward, cousin Sonja and Napoleon in Love and Death had me howling.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
6.445313E-02