The ridiculously annoying, scene stealing extra..... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings

Dirk Miggler -> The ridiculously annoying, scene stealing extra..... (21/8/2012 11:13:28 PM)

Star Wars, " STAY ON TARGET, STAY ON TARGET", "THEY CAME FROM BEHIND...." the guy just bugs the hell out of me ! I give myself an imaginary self satisfied fist pump every time he dies ! Fck you Gold Leader......

Prophet_of_Doom -> RE: The ridiculously annoying, scene stealing extra..... (21/8/2012 11:29:22 PM)

There's a guy in The Dark Knight Rises who has taken upstaging to new heights. During one of the scenes in the pit where the inmates are chanting for Batman to escape, one of the extras looks directly at the camera. It's literally a fleeting second where his eyes flicker straight towards the camera while everyone else looks skywards. But it really, really bugged me! I need to see it again just to make sure it wasn't my imagination, but when I was sitting in the cinema I immediately had to turn to my girlfriend and say "did you see that?" To which she replied "shut up, I'm watching the film." Fair play.

Hood_Man -> RE: The ridiculously annoying, scene stealing extra..... (21/8/2012 11:46:56 PM)

Another one from Star Wars is the strutting Tie Fighter pilot who follows Vader in the corridor during the battle of Yavin, as Vader heads towards (presumably) the hangar bay.

His walk is just ridiculous [:D]

Rgirvan44 -> RE: The ridiculously annoying, scene stealing extra..... (21/8/2012 11:50:27 PM)

A guy in Star Trek Generations, who the writers point out in commentary - after the Klingons have been blown up, the camera goes back to our heros and just before Data does a fist pump, an extra does his own little version of it. Once you see it, you cannot but help see it every time from then on.

MB2 -> RE: The ridiculously annoying, scene stealing extra..... (21/8/2012 11:51:09 PM)

"I think he took his wallet."

Shifty Bench -> RE: The ridiculously annoying, scene stealing extra..... (22/8/2012 12:03:25 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MB2

"I think he took his wallet."

Don't want to seem like I'm stalking you or anything, but I agree. That guy is annoying and I am angry at myself for not thinking of him first [:D]

Also, the dude with his trousers unbuttoned at the end of Teen Wolf.....

chris kilby -> RE: The ridiculously annoying, scene stealing extra..... (22/8/2012 12:50:09 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Prophet_of_Doom

There's a guy in The Dark Knight Rises who has taken upstaging to new heights. During one of the scenes in the pit where the inmates are chanting for Batman to escape, one of the extras looks directly at the camera. It's literally a fleeting second where his eyes flicker straight towards the camera while everyone else looks skywards. But it really, really bugged me! I need to see it again just to make sure it wasn't my imagination, but when I was sitting in the cinema I immediately had to turn to my girlfriend and say "did you see that?" To which she replied "shut up, I'm watching the film." Fair play.

All those guys are overacting furiously. One is even grinning so inanely I coulda sworn he was gonna shout "HELLO, MUM!" Su-perb! I LOVE shit like that...

("Shut up - I'm watching the film!" is my new banner/mantra, BTW. [:D])

grucl -> RE: The ridiculously annoying, scene stealing extra..... (22/8/2012 8:49:32 AM)

BTTF III:

[image]http://mimg.ugo.com/201010/64118/cuts/back-to-the-future-3-kid_288x288.jpg[/image]

Ever since I'm aware of the kid's crotch-pointing antics I can't watch that scene without being completly taken out of the film.

North by Northwest:

[image]http://faculty.cua.edu/johnsong/hitchcock/images/stills/NxNW/nnw21-ears-circled.jpg[/image]

The boy covers his ears before the shot is being fired.

Never work with children, they said...

UTB -> RE: The ridiculously annoying, scene stealing extra..... (22/8/2012 9:12:52 AM)

Near the end of 2012 when they're on the ship, there's a crew member who looks like Alan Carr and there's two scenes where the ship gets hit and in both he does a ridiculously camp "ohmygod we're gonna die!" look which makes him look even more like Alan Carr.

annoying isn't quite the word as the mrs and I piss ourselves each time we see it...

st3veebee -> RE: The ridiculously annoying, scene stealing extra..... (22/8/2012 10:26:09 AM)

".....what type is it?

"A Tiger Shark"

"A WHaAAaAaA!??!"

Such bizarre delivery on that line.

Rgirvan44 -> RE: The ridiculously annoying, scene stealing extra..... (22/8/2012 10:42:34 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: st3veebee

".....what type is it?

"A Tiger Shark"

"A WHaAAaAaA!??!"

Oh I LOVE that bit. So funny.

st3veebee -> RE: The ridiculously annoying, scene stealing extra..... (22/8/2012 10:48:49 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

quote:

".....what type is it?

"A Tiger Shark"

"A WHaAAaAaA!??!"

[:D]. There are a few funny moments like that.

"We know all about you, Chief. You donít go in the water at all do ya"

...and that crazily high pitched secretary Brody has! I crack up everytime.

MB2 -> RE: The ridiculously annoying, scene stealing extra..... (22/8/2012 12:01:38 PM)

The guy in the truck with Gordon in Dark Knight. "That's not good!" Yeah we know mate, don't give up the day job. Just in case he reads this.

jcthefirst -> RE: The ridiculously annoying, scene stealing extra..... (22/8/2012 12:28:21 PM)

quote:

The guy in the truck with Gordon in Dark Knight. "That's not good!" Yeah we know mate, don't give up the day job. Just in case he reads this.

Spoilers, man. [:D]

In, I think, Empire Strikes Back, Vader is talking to Needa (maybe) and he turns round to give someone else an order and the guy is like 6 inches away from his face. Always makes me laugh.

Dirk Miggler -> RE: The ridiculously annoying, scene stealing extra..... (22/8/2012 12:36:27 PM)

"bomb ? Did he say......bomb ?"

I suppose the real culprits are the scriptwriters but the dull as dishwater delivery doesn't help !

AxlReznor -> RE: The ridiculously annoying, scene stealing extra..... (22/8/2012 1:02:34 PM)

The guys working at the pipeline in Batman Begins who feel the need to frantically yell reminders of the plot at us every 10 seconds or so towards the end.
It's annoying that Nolan/Goyer decided that they needed to do this in the first place, but their completely OTT delivery is a real sore point in a great movie.

grucl -> RE: The ridiculously annoying, scene stealing extra..... (22/8/2012 1:02:46 PM)

quote:

See also:

The employee at the water station in Wayne Tower in BB:
"The water main is gonna blow!" (repeat 3x)

The radar guy in TDKR:
"He's taking the bomb out into the bay!" No shit, Sherlock!

AxlReznor -> RE: The ridiculously annoying, scene stealing extra..... (22/8/2012 1:04:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: grucl

quote:

See also:

The radar guy in TDKR:

Heh... great (or not so great, as the case may be) minds. [:D]

grucl -> RE: The ridiculously annoying, scene stealing extra..... (22/8/2012 1:05:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AxlReznor

quote:

ORIGINAL: grucl

quote:

See also:

The radar guy in TDKR:

Heh... great (or not so great, as the case may be) minds. [:D]

[:D]

The TDKR thing was especially bad because it totally destroys the tension of the scene.

Rgirvan44 -> RE: The ridiculously annoying, scene stealing extra..... (22/8/2012 1:06:03 PM)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ll8c1UmwD0Y

Prophet_of_Doom -> RE: The ridiculously annoying, scene stealing extra..... (22/8/2012 1:10:02 PM)

quote:

I always assumed that was intentionally camp. Like so much of this film!

SwozTheRevenge -> RE: The ridiculously annoying, scene stealing extra..... (22/8/2012 1:13:26 PM)

quote:

quote:

".....what type is it?

"A Tiger Shark"

"A WHaAAaAaA!??!"

The contrast between the camp delivery of "A WHaAAaAaA!??!" to the shouty machismo of the "BITE RADIUS CRAP" dialogue a few seconds later always cracks me up.

Dirk Miggler -> RE: The ridiculously annoying, scene stealing extra..... (22/8/2012 1:13:47 PM)

quote:

Awful just plain awful !

Prophet_of_Doom -> RE: The ridiculously annoying, scene stealing extra..... (22/8/2012 1:17:14 PM)

Has just reminded me of a moment in Sahara. There's a guy/guard on a train travelling through the desert who doesn't have any lines, but has to eat a monkey nut and throw away the shell. And he does it in such a ridiculous, over the top way, it drives me insane every time I see it (which will make it two times).

Dirk Miggler -> RE: The ridiculously annoying, scene stealing extra..... (22/8/2012 1:28:52 PM)

quote:

Has just reminded me of a moment in Sahara. There's a guy/guard on a train travelling through the desert who doesn't have any lines, but has to eat a monkey nut and throw away the shell. And he does it in such a ridiculous, over the top way, it drives me insane every time I see it (which will make it two times).

In amazed that someone sat through Sahara not once, but twice. Kudos to you my friend !

DancingClown -> RE: The ridiculously annoying, scene stealing extra..... (22/8/2012 1:31:01 PM)

Ghostbusters!

Towards the end of the film when the 'Busters are approaching "Spook Central" there's a really annoying guy with red floppy hair in the crowd who's mugging it up atrociously and starts clapping his hands like a simpleton when the Ectomobile comes into view. But it doesn't end there as he proceeds to yell "Ghostbusters! Alright! Alright" as Venkman walks toward the crowd.

I want to destroy him.

UTB -> RE: The ridiculously annoying, scene stealing extra..... (22/8/2012 1:35:56 PM)

quote:

Haha its full of them! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaDqmEJ6Nks

Batmaaan! Naaaa!

fuzzy -> RE: The ridiculously annoying, scene stealing extra..... (22/8/2012 2:11:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

quote:

Spoilers, man. [:D]

In, I think, Empire Strikes Back, Vader is talking to Needa (maybe) and he turns round to give someone else an order and the guy is like 6 inches away from his face. Always makes me laugh.

I'm sure there was also a scene in Empire where two rebel troopers were talking to each other in the Hoth hanger - one quite camp with hand on hip, badly delivering the few words of dialogue he had.

Prophet_of_Doom -> RE: The ridiculously annoying, scene stealing extra..... (22/8/2012 2:22:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

Ghostbusters!

Towards the end of the film when the 'Busters are approaching "Spook Central" there's a really annoying guy with red floppy hair in the crowd who's mugging it up atrociously and starts clapping his hands like a simpleton when the Ectomobile comes into view. But it doesn't end there as he proceeds to yell "Ghostbusters! Alright! Alright" as Venkman walks toward the crowd.

I want to destroy him.

Oh dear lord yes, great call. I haven't seen Ghostbusters for years, but I can picture that exact guy and that exact moment. I know just what you mean!

I never understand how these moments get left in. The Nolan one that annoyed me, for instance, there's absolutely no reason why that couldn't have been edited out - it's about one second long. And I can't believe they've been missed in the editing suite?!?!

thedrin -> RE: The ridiculously annoying, scene stealing extra..... (22/8/2012 4:37:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dirk Miggler

quote:

In amazed that someone sat through Sahara not once, but twice. Kudos to you my friend !

I sat through it yet again a few days ago. Great entertainment from start to finish. There's a thread in Favourite Films that rightfully makes a comparison to Indiana Jones. Link

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI