Warners Knocks Down The Dark Tower (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Warners Knocks Down The Dark Tower (21/8/2012 4:18:20 AM)

Post your comments on this article

dorismall -> (21/8/2012 4:18:20 AM)

this is ridiculous, we dark tower fans have been waiting for this for years, and keep getting jostled from one hope to the next. All we want is somebody to do it justice, and i believe Howard could do this, not only that but (other than Eastwood 40 years ago ) Crowe is perfect for Roland (anyone that has seen 3.10 to Yuma will surely agree). The dark tower should be filmed because it is epic, they managed lord of the rings so this should be a walk in the park.

elab49 -> RE: (21/8/2012 6:59:18 AM)

Thank you Warner Bros! [:)]

criffle -> It's probably for the best... (21/8/2012 8:11:43 AM)

Russell Crowe as Roland would have been horrendous

gunstar -> RE: It's probably for the best... (21/8/2012 10:41:37 AM)

Does the series really need a filmic adaptation? I love the books, absolutely love them, but the series is so large, so self-referential and so epic in scale that I don't actually believe a film / TV adaptation is possible.

jmebaby25 -> RE: It's probably for the best... (21/8/2012 4:22:04 PM)

Ah - Warners must have finally checked the paperwork and found out that Ron Howard and Akiva Goldsman were attached to it.

bnicholson50 -> I am jacks complete lack of surprise (21/8/2012 5:33:34 PM)

I knew it. And thank god. Howard, Goldsman and Crowe are all wrong for this. TDT is essentially seen by the studios as a "weird Western" genre picture. Which has poor previous (Wild Wild West, Jonah Hex, westworld, etc). It's too much of a risk for them. Best hope for it is to get them to make the first one on the cheap (completely feasible). If it's good, then solid box office will greenlight a sequel

dannyfletch -> Oh come on! (21/8/2012 6:34:45 PM)

Crowe is an great actor and one of the best in leading roles, I think he would do a sterling job as Roland. Howard is hit and miss as a director, as this is a project he sounds passionate about he might do a fine job. Hopefully they find a studio soon that will agree!

Johnur -> Don't loose hope just yet! (23/8/2012 9:27:26 AM)

As deadline reported, MRC have showed interest in taking over this project. They might not be as big as Warner, but hey, who considered New Line big before LOTR?

Hope's not lost yet! Ka like the wind, someone will come along!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI